Has my cheese completely slid off my cracker?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I heard there was wine in here ... I brought a cheese, cracker and hummus tray with me.

Oh, yeah... the post probably in his mind was sufficient. Acknowledge you saw it and move on.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    People keep raving on about cheese, crackers and wine. Can't you all see she is crying out for help, a little support, some validation of her personal viewpoint?!!?

ummmm...does this get me the cheese and crackers?

Bingo.

pick me.i was here first. he should have texted you. i would have been :angry: too HMPFf!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would be annoyed. But not as annoyed as my husband would be if I were to do the same thing! So don't call this a woman thing, dagnabbit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks it is weird to broadcast your doctor results to your entire FL in the first place?

I want whine with my cheese.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    How close is this man friend? What exactly do you mean by "man friend"? If he's not your SO, I don't see why you should expect to be told first.

Dating 2 years. Known the guy since I was 12. He's called my man friend because he's not a boy. We're not in high school.

Then stop acting like it.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am very clear about what I need from my husband. I would have asked him to call or text after so I wouldn't worry. He would then call/ text me because he knew it was important. Communication is key. :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's waiting to tell you about his clap after he sees you face to face . . . that's a tough convo to have via text.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always bear in mind that men do NOT think like we do. Some might, but more often they don't. He's probably thinking, "I posted on facebook, it's sufficient" and is doing his normal guy stuff and handling what he has to handle. Most men don't immediately think, "I need to -talk- to her about this too." Women are programmed for talking. Men are usually programmed for doing. After two ended marriages and various boyfriends, I've figured out it's really unfair to judge them based on our own standards because they don't think the same. Kind of like the graphic of a man and woman's journals. The woman's is all about "He's so distant from me. Maybe he's seeing someone else. He's distracted and isn't talking to me. Oh my it's over." His is, "Something isn't working on the motorcycle and I need to figure it out."

I now think I am a man. Minus dangly bits. :indifferent:

As to the OP.. I suggest NVC - Non-Violent Communication. It's a method that helps with expressing needs clearly and precisely so that unsaid expectations, judgments and resentments are far less likely to happen.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Why haven't you just called or texted him to talk about his dr visit? I mean... You read it. Call to discuss in further detail. The end.

Btw... Your phrases are adorable.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    So you want someone you're dating to take the time to talk to you about a health concern without the entire conversation being read by 1,000 of your closest friends? Clingy, needy little thing aren't you?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    People keep raving on about cheese, crackers and wine. Can't you all see she is crying out for help, a little support, some validation of her personal viewpoint?!!?

ummmm...does this get me the cheese and crackers?

Bingo.

pick me.i was here first. he should have texted you. i would have been :angry: too HMPFf!

Back off, legs, there's probably not enough wine for both of us!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is still going?

Geez.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    *sniff-sniff* I smell cheese somewhere, and are those cracker crumbs on yer lap?