What pushes you?

Options
So, for my weight loss journey, I wanted to see what everyone's motivation is/was. The first time I lost 40lbs, it was so I could get revenge on a boy who didn't date me because I was fat. (Yeah, what a jerk, right? Victory was sweet!) This time around, I wanted it to be for me. Unfortunately, that's not really motivating me. I've been living with my boyfriend for like, 6 months, and he's not even motivating me. What IS motivating me are clothes. Really cute, small, clothes. Am I going crazy?! I want to loose weight for clothes?! Haha! I guess everyone has their own reason! I wanted to know what everyone else' s motivation was; and see if I can better describe my motivation. So MFP, whatchya got? :3

Replies

• TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pretty girls.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    what motivates me is everyone here who has a better body then me.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Because with every work out I do I am one more step away from the obese kid I once was. And since I'm also pursuing fitness as a career, that motivates me to get even better. Plus I'm old now and wanna keep not looking my age lol
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I NEED that early-morning-at-the-gym time.
    I fix food all day, it seems. So a good solid work-out, followed by a good breakfast sets me up for success the rest of the day.

Being fat and outa shape is JUST NO FUN.
    I will NEVER get overweight again.
    I love to be fit and strong and play hard!
    I like to make my husbands eyes twinkle....he's got a really good twinkle
  • missanniegee
    Options

LOL!

that... and the fact that I dont want my son to be picked on in school for having "a fat mom" ... also the clothesss!!! there's alot of cute plus size clothes out there but I don't want my tummy sticking out, leave that for the girls. lol
  • soontobeburns
    Options
    What motivates me is knowing that now I cant get a job as a youth worker but will be able to if thinner and fitter. My mums wedding, my wedding.

But most importantly having a child. I have been trying for 2 1/2 years and been told i need to lose weight or I wont get fertility treatment.
  • akg90
    akg90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my old clothes hanging in my closet that i look at everyday lol its torture!!!!! thats why i try to go hard everyday!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    - So I don't die young.
    - So I can discover new sex positions as I lose
    - So I can be comfortable not wearing a shirt 90% of the day.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A Zen Master lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening, while he was away, a thief sneaked into the hut only to find there was nothing in it to steal. The Zen Master returned and found him. "You have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty handed. Please take my clothes as a gift." The thief was bewildered, but he took the clothes and ran away. The Master sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, " I wish I could give him this beautiful moon."
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I hired a trainer to push me.. but as time has gone by I've found internal pushers. Repeat workouts and doing them faster than previous is a big push for me. My HRM.. keeping my heart rate up and watching my calories burn is also a huge pusher for me. Setting a small goal within my big goal to reach is a pusher for me... like 3 lbs by the end of the month or 15 by the next holiday, etc. Being a solid example for my friends and family has been the biggest pusher for me. All of my coworkers watch my every move.. my family has also decided to make some positive changes. Those things are huge to me. And, OP, I agree.. I love love love to buy new clothes, a size smaller each time :)
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    Whose going to listen to an unfit dietitian?
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Having enough energy to play with my granddaughter when she's old enough to run around!

Sleeping better! I zonk out and sleep 7-8 hours when I'm active and fit.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
  • PaulaJeanCatlin
    PaulaJeanCatlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to gain the weight back. So I use the program whether I lose or not, and use the program to maintain. It works. :-)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyones success I want my success story. I want to fit back in my clohes in my closet.I want to be able to buy anything and look good in it.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My motivation is seeing my pics from when I was thinner.. I miss it.
  • PaulaJeanCatlin
    PaulaJeanCatlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's such a slow process. The first couple of months seemed like not much progress was made. But your beauty is from within, and all of us here are beautiful, including you. :-) Hang in there....you will succeed!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All the stress in my life right now is motivating me to eat right and hit the gym to burn off frustration, anger, and sadness. Stress usually drives me to food for comfort, but not this time.

Also...guys, cute clothes, bathing suits, and various shallow things :wink:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My 2 daughters motivate me! I want to be healthy and live healthy and to influence them to do the same :smile: .

Another motivation is to feel good about myself, and to help others to feel good about themselves. I want people to start setting "Health" as their standard and not "being skinny" :wink:
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    Forming good habits so I can stay healthy and look hot for my future husband (don't know who he is yet, but eventually)

Pushing myself to the next level both in resistance and cardio and seeing myself succeed, even if it takes another couple of weeks, and knowing that's a sign of greater strength and endurance

Putting that bikini on again