What pushes you?

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it was shameful to be motivated by cute clothes, because that totally motivates me!! Also, I want to look good naked. My boyfriend says I already do but I don't believe him! :tongue:
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Pictures of me. I gave my dad a surprise 80th bday party about two years ago. I just recently saw some pictures of that day. I was stunned. I knew I was overweight, but never really realized how I looked.
    I kind of tried to avoid mirrors.
    So those pictures motivate me to make a change.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm so different. Depends on the workout and on the music I'm listening to.... It may be a guy who turned me down who I hope to see again and hopefully he says "damnnn" or all of the guys who called me names. Ultimately, it's for me. The greatest satisfaction that could from this is when I look in the mirrow and say "DAMN!"
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    what motivates me is everyone here who has a better body then me.

This! And that's a lot of people for me! :)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to die quite yet...
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Being a good role model about health and fitness-- well, a better one that I have been to date -- for my sons. And, I'd like to live a long, healthy life so I can watch them through college, falling in love, and, if they choose, marriage and children. I had them when I was 32, and they are 15 now (twins).

And, I really want to be that crazy old lady who goes to the gym and works out, putting all the young ones to shame. :wink:
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Setting a goal and achieving it.

The awesome feeling you get from a good workout.

When people stop to take photos of you.

When women in cars honk at you while you are running shirtless.

When a woman tells you "you are so damn hot."

Being leaner/stronger than everyone else in the gym (still working on this one)
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I hear what you are saying, and thats a darn good reason for motivation. I want to look good in these cute clothes, I dont give a crap how old I am, I still want to wear cute clothes.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    being voted ugliest girl in my senior high school class. they put the poster right there on my locker. I remember pretending to laugh and then running to the bathroom and crying in a stall for HOURS! I vowed that i would one day be pretty.

That pretty much pushed me to focus on fitness. Many years...later...my 20 year reunion is coming up.

Cannot wait.

It happened a long time ago but it still pushes me.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wanting to be pain free in my knee and ankle....whether that means the doctor is right and it's all a weight problem; or I am right and there is more to it than that, even if weight is assuredly PART of the problem. Either way, the pain goes away whether by more knee/ankle surgery, therapy, or weight loss. So anyway you look at it I WIN! :o)
  • danthomson56
    Options
    what motivates me is everyone here who has a better body then me.

Wingman, I will trade you any day, but really maybe one day I'll be in a position to motivate you.

Before and now pics motivate me.

259652.png
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Actually I push myself. I've always been able to do this in lots of things but my love for food always kept me from wanting to go thru the process and then maintain. I generally have tremendous willpower when I start something and see it thru to the finish. But it took me a lot of years to put my health first. I wish I had this willpower when I was much younger.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Saying I can. Sounds so simple. But I don't realise how powerful telling myself I can is until I'm gasping for breath running farther and farther each day all because I told myself I can. When I am not feeling positive when I am telling myself I can't, music gets me where I want to be. Put on my headphones and BAM I'm wanting to sweat!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm walking/jogging/biking 1,000 miles this year for a friend's 4 year old son who has an inoperable brain tumor. I asked for donations of 1 cent per mile and so far I've gone about 800 miles and I've lost 41lbs. I'm raising money for St. Judes.. It's all good. :)
  • livelifebreath
    livelifebreath Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My motivation at first was other people, but now its just myself. I feel so much better and stronger. I have worked on a lot with myself and learning to treat myself better.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I had been told I couldn't do it. I had been told the time had passed. I had been told I would quit.

Nope, Nope, Nope...V I C T O R Y!!! :)
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    being voted ugliest girl in my senior high school class. they put the poster right there on my locker. I remember pretending to laugh and then running to the bathroom and crying in a stall for HOURS! I vowed that i would one day be pretty.

That pretty much pushed me to focus on fitness. Many years...later...my 20 year reunion is coming up.

Cannot wait.

It happened a long time ago but it still pushes me.

That is awful. wtf???????? You're so pretty!
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For the ladies:p Smaller clothes; ripped body; to be healthier, ect.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is several things. I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I also refuse to keep lugging this roll around so that motivates me. And I use to be a weight lifter in the Air Force and had a rocking body. I loved how I felt, how my body felt, how I looked in clothes and how I enjoyed lifting. THAT is my motivator. To always compete against myself and see how much more I can do and how much better I can get. I am determined to be the hawtest looking 50 year old around ! But not for others. For me. I want to know that I look the best I can look ... maybe then I can inspire others who thought 'they couldn't do it' to JUST DO IT!
  • clowdusc
    clowdusc Posts: 32
    Options
    What motivates me is...
    When I look in the mirror, I'm disgusted.
    When I'm with my boyfriend, I feel like he shouldn't touch me because I'm disgusting.
    I feel disgusting on the inside, because I'm not healthy.
    Having control of myself.
    Where do I see myself on my wedding day? In five years? In front of my kids? - not fat.

I know I sound really harsh on myself, but I have to be. I have about 20 pounds to go, and I want at least 10 pounds gone by December. Once I give myself slack, I end up going back in the same unhealthy routine, and I just don't feel like I have time for that crap anymore.