Ladies eating 1800 calories or more?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2,000 per day, 20% less than TDEE. I have 10-15 lbs to go, probably. I am doing Insanity now, but started following Dan's IPOARM before that and started losing inches and then BAM, lost 8 pounds in a month.

Seriously, you do NOT have to eat like a mouse to get healthy and lose fat.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I maintain at 1800 - it was 2000 but I slowed down on my workouts and started gaining a little bit so I lowered my calories to compensate. :)
  • greatdanebabies
    Options
    Mine is just over 1800 right now. For the most part I get as close to it without going over as I can. I also do not eat back exercise calories. I'm trying to work out at least 5 days a week.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 110, and in maintenance. When I was mostly walking for exercise, I ate 1650 and lost, but I have an active job, walking or standing a lot. When I upped my workouts to 6 days a week (weights 3, cardio 5), I upped my calories to 1850. When I hit my goal weight, still 6 days at the gym, upped to 1950, but kept losing. Recently upped my calories to 2100 and trying to workout only 5 days every other week. Haven't been doing it long enough to know if it works.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My goal for the summer was closer to 2100 cals but since I'm changing to curling which is less intensive in some days I lowered it to 1800/day. Add on the exercise though and I'm between 2300-3000 calories all depending on how heavy the workouts were
  • samanthagray88
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • stacyhall79
    Options
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1960. Its TDEE - 25%

Its slow going but its going! The numbers aren't dropping like crazy but my clothes keep getting looser.

I started at 165 and and at 155-157 now. (5'5'/large frame)
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    I do work at getting at or above 1800. Sometimes it's hard but I feel better when I listen to my body and it's needs.

I have a very active job and work out every day. I use a fitbit along with mfp and am very aware of what I need to do to

maintain my goals. Currently am less than 1 pound from goal weigh!! :bigsmile:

From the start, I was 200 pounds and ate at the 1200-1400 a day and have worked out religiously for over 2 years....

Just recently began to read more on the Eat More 2 Weigh Less and it works for me; as I am very active and need to feed my body needs.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 1800 and 2400. I have a job that is sometimes sedentary and sometimes not. I don't have an exercise routine that I do regularly, but I do make an effort to move around more. I am losing slowly because I am making small changes that I can live with easily.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map

oh, and my sis regularly hits 2500 without exercise, she is also losing.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

I currently eat 2200 a day, cardio 3 days a week, strength train 3 days.

I have about 60lbs i want to lose :)
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    I eat around 2100 calories per day, give or a take a couple hundred. I have a Body Media Fit, which puts my daily burn at around 3000 calories, again give or take a couple hundred depending on my exercise for the day. I have been losing 1-2 pounds per week on average doing it this way. I have 49 more pounds to go.

I have almost the exact set up as you 100 cals more! I have a BMF too and my burns are around the same, how long have you been doing the higher cals? I have been for Four weeks, havent seen a drop on the scale yet ( been stalled for like 7 weeks), but when i got weighed last week my body fat was down and i lost inches so im hoping its gonna happen soon. Just curious if you saw a loss right away :) im definitely learning patience lol
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am going to check out Dan's IPOARM tomorrow when I can find the measure. :) But for the last few weeks, I've been using the method in my hubby's Insanity nutrition guide to figure out where I needed to be. It has me at 2025. I've been losing pretty well. I wasn't at home to weight myself my last date so this Sunday I'll see how it's worked for the last 2 weeks. I started working out at the same time and other than my cold, I feel great.
  • Mandymou77
    Options
    What is TDEE.. I am new to this weight loss thing and I am discouraged by my loss now. I have been logging for over a month and walking 4 miles a day for 2 months, and also started Jillian Michaels 30ds and only lost 6 lbs so far.. I see on here I must not be eating enough PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    What is TDEE.. I am new to this weight loss thing and I am discouraged by my loss now. I have been logging for over a month and walking 4 miles a day for 2 months, and also started Jillian Michaels 30ds and only lost 6 lbs so far.. I see on here I must not be eating enough PLEASE HELP!!!!

Check out the groups -

IPOARM - In Place of a Road Map

EM2WL - Eat More to Weigh Less

Both groups have a lot of info on how to find out your BMR and TDEE and how to set up a calorie goal for yourself and a lot of other info and great advice. Check them out, definitely worth it!!
  • cauleyma
    Options
    right now with running 45 minutes and my weight loss goal I am eating about 1700 calories a day.