What was your "fat" breaking point?

Options

Replies

• missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was in college and was sick and tired of being overweight and uncomfortable. I started by making small changes and I've maintained a healthy weight for my height ever since. It's been 14 years now that I've been around 140 (give or take 5 pounds) at 5'9"
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    totally agree. U don't ask at all
  • davepavone
    Options
    when my 380 Lb brother told me I was getting fat
  • MicaMurphy
    MicaMurphy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When my dietician told me I was fat. Well, she said clinically overweight. But still.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many times and quit trying to lose weight. Something just clicked this time and I owe this wonderful website alot of credit. Coming on her and logging everything I ate is a wonderful tool and a great eye opener. Now I am eating healthy and who would of known: I love vegetables:smile: I guess I grew tired of waking up in the morning and looking and my fat butt getting dressed and the size increasing on my clothes. I have along ways to go but will get there eventually.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Losing my breath while doing calisthenics at my Tae Kwon Do class. Now after losing 22 lbs. it's a hell of alot easier to get through them.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    When I got laid off and had all the time in the world to dedicate to myself.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Prior to the relapse, my MS was my excuse for not doing anything I did not want to do.....

I had a relapse with my MS and was on steroids for about three months.
    Even though I was careful about not giving in to the food cravings I still managed to gain twenty pounds...

That put me at 200.. (I had never been there). I could not fit into anything in my closet and I was not about to shop in the fat women's section..... I was miserable and every joint in my body hurt.. but I just whined about it and did notthing.
    My then two year old grandson wanted me to read him a story on my iPad and he climbed up into the recliner and tried to sit with me, but we did not fit side by side.. so he sat on floor instead.. it broke my heart.
    The next day I joined MFP and quit smoking..... that was February 2012. I am forty pounds lighter and my now three year old grandson, climbs up into the recliner now and says "Amma, Amma-- we fit ! We fit!!" and I say, that is because "Amma is smaller" and he says ' Yes, Amma is smaller and I am getting bigger" All the reason in the world for me!!!!!
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    it became nonnegotiable. It's just the way I live my life now and I wouldn't want it nay other way. I don't ever want to go back to the person I was a year ago.

GO YOU!!!!

Dedication is often mistaken for obsession by those who are to lazy to dedicate themselves to anything.
    (a popular quote just reworded)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I started to get my daughters to run - and I was out of breath at 100+ kg. I reached "Clydesdale" status and never want to go there again.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    When I finally forgave myself for putting up with stuff I never imagined I'd have to. I am strong, I am kind, I am confident and now i am fully present.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When my arthritis in my knees got so bad that I had to get my left knee scoped this year. To much weight on my knees. So I decided that when I get the ok from my ortho to start exercising I would. Baby steps at the beginning but now it's gotten a lot better, thank you Walk Away the Pounds. I will be getting my right knee done next year and my upper body will be very well toned to deal with the crutches.
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Options
    I hadn't weighed myself in a long time, but my clothes kept getting tighter and tighter. I was terrified to step on the scale, but got to a point where 12s were too tight. I got on the scale and it said 204lbs. I immediately started crying... that was definitely my breaking point..
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    because i knew i was eating too much ****...lol...and also just looking in the mirror.
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Options
    What a great story! Congratulations to you on your accomplishments! :)
  • emilym_3
    emilym_3 Posts: 62
    Options
    When I got to 295. I refuse to get to 300!!

I also broke my ankle 3 months ago, and I had to be in a wheelchair for 3 weeks because I couldn't carry myself on crutches.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Slowly my clothes stopped fitting me anymore, I kept getting holes in the thighs of my jeans and had to go up a size and even then I still managed to end up with holes after a few months.

That and when I reached over 15 stone on the scales and realised I had to stop this now else it was just going to keep getting worse :)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and was disgusted by the number I saw, which was 20 lbs more than I even guessed it would be.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    October 2010 I was boarderline diabetic... I said OH NO that's it time to change. Now my numbers are awesome, no more heart medicine (rapid heart beat) and no more blood pressure medicine. I think God for the will power to change and I'm lovin it. :smile:
  • MrsLeyva11
    Options
    My insecurities got the best of me. I spent every day in fear that my husband would find someone more attractive and leave me. That was the turning point of when I'd had enough. Although I have lost only 4 lbs, I've realized that if my husband is shallow enough to let something like my weight affect our marriage, then I didn't deserve that kind of person in my life. I'm still a little fearful, but I acknowledge that if he would have left me for my weight, he would have left me for anything else. So I focused myself on why this weight loss was good for me, and my daughter's future.

My health and my daughter's happiness is my motivation to keep going every day.