Subway - which sandwich is best?

Options
2»

Replies

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Can you not go to Pret or Eat, where they make the sandwiches fresh everyday with no preservatives or anything in them? It tastes sooo good.

I feel like americans dont get as much of a choice with healthy foods out like we do over in the UK.

Subway's got loads of sodium in and all the meat and cheese is super processed, and the calorie content is always different in the shop to what it says on the website for some reason.

Pret sandwiches have a lot higher sodium count than all of the subway low fat range. The kids cheese sandwich in pret has >50% of the daily recommended sodium for a child. If sodium is a concern then bread is not an ideal food-stuff

Ahh i wasn't aware of that.. Pret just feels a lot less processed and the food is a better quality anyway so I am more than happy to eat there over Subway. Its cleaner.

I know what you mean, I like Eat as a chain for the same reasons. Getting "healthy" food on the go is hard, maybe I should set up a new business.....

Yes, don't forget that Pret is run by McDonalds so a lot of the food sources are similar. When in doubt I always go to Subway, or buy ingredients in Sainsburys and make my own
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast on wheat, no cheese, veggies, sweet onion sauce.. Under 400 cals :)
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    6" Veggie Delite, all salad, no meat, fish or cheese, all the tedium and none of the fun, a mere 223 calories.

This probably but booorning!!

I always get chicken on honey oat, plenty veggies & jalepenos and southwest sauce. it comes out aroung 500cals :-)
    Haha that's almost identical to the one I get...only ranch not southwest. :)
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I get the Veggie Delite (6" or 12" depending), All veggies EXCEPT lettuce, no cheese, no sauce.

IMO, delish. I get extra extra hot peppers too haha.
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Can you not go to Pret or Eat, where they make the sandwiches fresh everyday with no preservatives or anything in them? It tastes sooo good.

I feel like americans dont get as much of a choice with healthy foods out like we do over in the UK.

Subway's got loads of sodium in and all the meat and cheese is super processed, and the calorie content is always different in the shop to what it says on the website for some reason.

Pret sandwiches have a lot higher sodium count than all of the subway low fat range. The kids cheese sandwich in pret has >50% of the daily recommended sodium for a child. If sodium is a concern then bread is not an ideal food-stuff

Ahh i wasn't aware of that.. Pret just feels a lot less processed and the food is a better quality anyway so I am more than happy to eat there over Subway. Its cleaner.

I know what you mean, I like Eat as a chain for the same reasons. Getting "healthy" food on the go is hard, maybe I should set up a new business.....

Yes, don't forget that Pret is run by McDonalds so a lot of the food sources are similar. When in doubt I always go to Subway, or buy ingredients in Sainsburys and make my own

Not any more, it's now 67% owned by Bridgepoint VC And the rest by the original founders.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I get 6" whole wheat, turkey, lettuce, tomato, light mustard. Is pretty nice with a large glass of water. If needing a bit more, double up on the meat.