Halp! Dealing with saboteurs at work :(

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
Today there are two mini parties for a guy whose wife is having a baby and a girl who is going on maternity leave. There are unclean baked goods everywhere! Clearly they are trying to derail my clean eating lifestyle because they are jelly. Why couldn't they bring in organic apple slices or some wheat grass shots instead of OJ and muffins and doughnuts?

How do you deal with sabotage such as this?

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Today there are two mini parties for a guy whose wife is having a baby and a girl who is going on maternity leave. There are unclean baked goods everywhere! Clearly they are trying to derail my clean eating lifestyle because they are jelly. Why couldn't they bring in organic apple slices or some wheat grass shots instead of OJ and muffins and doughnuts?

bwahahahahah. I eat the treats and call it a day. They don't count if celebratory in nature. The body will forgive you.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    <--- You get one of these. That's how.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    eat ice cream! It's the only way!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    There is a very simple solution. Staple your mouth shut before you go and you won't be tempted to eat.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

bwahahahahah. I eat the treats and call it a day. They don't count if celebratory in nature. The body will forgive you.

:laugh:

Take a small bit if you want and eat that apple off your desk!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Amen! Save me a muffin!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    lol I am sure they didnt do this on purpose! lol You knew it was coming.....either eat what you want and work it off or bring your own treats to share....who knows maybe someone there might be looking for something healthy too. :)
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I see only two options:

1. Sit in the corner and drink water.
    2. Eat three of everything.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    You frankly shouldn't beat yourself up, this is a journey, not a diet Acg67.
    Enjoy, as long as you train well and eat clean, derailing one day per month shouldn't effect your weight loss.

Here is a rule I give to starters :
    - Clean and fresh fruits before
    - 5 gallons of water before
    - No more than 1 muffin if it contains sugar

Most of them have been able to eat that muffin and .. still lose 1 pound per month
    You got this!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It's part of life, I would either bring in my own healthy goods or have a small piece and call it a day
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lol I am sure they didnt do this on purpose! lol You knew it was coming.....either eat what you want and work it off or bring your own treats to share....who knows maybe someone there might be looking for something healthy too. :)
    I agree with this, bring your own healthy, but still yummy treats!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I see only two options:

1. Sit in the corner and drink water.
    2. Eat three of everything.

HA! Nice.

But seriously, I used to have this problem at work also. For every "holiday" (birthdays, work place anniversaries, whenever-the-hell-they-felt-like-it days) there would be either cookies, cake, donuts, etc. Someone finally got the hint after me turning them down time after time, and now someone is usually nice enough to pick up a chocolate protein bar or something of that nature to accompany that cake. Also, there are tons of times when they order in pizza- they now order a side of chicken salad for me. Until they got the hint, I kept a box of Special K chocolately-pretzel cereal bars in my desk. That way, when they were chowing down on chocolate cake, I could also have chocolate, but mine only cost me 90 calories. :happy:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that some people are taking you seriously LOL :laugh:

This gave me a great laugh for today! NOW GO EAT SOME HAGAN DAS!!!! :drinker:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You frankly shouldn't beat yourself up, this is a journey, not a diet Acg67.
    Enjoy, as long as you train well and eat clean, derailing one day per month shouldn't effect your weight loss.

Here is a rule I give to starters :
    - Clean and fresh fruits before
    - 5 gallons of water before
    - No more than 1 muffin if it contains sugar

Most of them have been able to eat that muffin and .. still lose 1 pound per month
    You got this!

This is perfect. You won't have time to eat because you'll be standing at the toilet the whole time.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Strap on the feed bag . . .
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Start doing wheatgrass juice shots out of one of your coworker's belly buttons. People will be more interested in that than the cake.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    <--- You get one of these. That's how.

Damn, Joe pulling out the wizardry again . . . you magic magic man.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Am sure you will manage :tongue: :bigsmile:

Love the abs :bigsmile:
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that some people are taking you seriously LOL :laugh:

This gave me a great laugh for today! NOW GO EAT SOME HAGAN DAS!!!! :drinker:

This!! :laugh:
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I do hope that the part about 2 parties is true
    God know I could use some party muffins right now,
    but nobody in my office is eager to get preggo / have babies

on top of that we don't have vending machines, and the only shop relay near is only vegs and fruit
    my office clearly sabotages my dirty eating