Six week 6 pack - much more than just an ab workout *pics*

Options

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing! amazing progress! so do you use the level one everyday for 3 weeks, then move on to level two for 3 weeks? just want to make sure im understanding correctly:)

Yes, you do level 1 for 3 weeks and level 2 for 3 weeks. 3 weeks of doing the same routine does get quite boring towards the end, but stick with it! Or if you need to, break it up to a different workout or gym session. I had intended to mix it up with another Jillian DVD but it just ended up me throwing myself into 6 pack and steaming through it.

Good luck to those who are going to give it a go!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This is inspirational! thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Dawn, amazing progress. I can't believe the changes you have achieved. I've started (and failed) many times to complete the 30ds but ur b4 and after pics really inspire me to dust off the dvds and give jm another spin.

Out of the 3, 30ds, ri30 and 6w6p, which do u think had the best results?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Dawn, amazing progress. I can't believe the changes you have achieved. I've started (and failed) many times to complete the 30ds but ur b4 and after pics really inspire me to dust off the dvds and give jm another spin.

Thanks Claire.

I strongly believe 30 day shred prepared me for bigger better things, so I'd suggest you do that first. Ripped in 30 was ok, but id say you could skip that and go straight to 6 pack if you wanted to. If you are feeling brave you could go straight to six pack, i'd say level 1 is on par with the shred... BUT level 2 is a big step up, which is where the stamina and strength you would build up the shred would benefit you.

So, in answer to your question...shred did the most for my stamina building, and 6 pack has been by far the best for visible toning results. Good luck if you give it a try!
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yes.. my baby scars that i have always been so ashamed of. I still am a little self concious about them[...]

Ashamed of bringing new life into the world? Ashamed of the stripes you have EARNED sister?

No, didn't think so! Love them and embrace them :) I am covered from above my belly button down to about halfway down my thighs. I used to hate them, but now I genuinely wouldn't want to be without them. They are a reminder of all I have to be proud of :)

Much love,
    Marie xx
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    yes.. my baby scars that i have always been so ashamed of. I still am a little self concious about them[...]

Ashamed of bringing new life into the world? Ashamed of the stripes you have EARNED sister?

No, didn't think so! Love them and embrace them :) I am covered from above my belly button down to about halfway down my thighs. I used to hate them, but now I genuinely wouldn't want to be without them. They are a reminder of all I have to be proud of :)

Much love,
    Marie xx

Amen to that! You are absolutely right. Its just a shame that many women believe they have to be flawless in order to be beautiful.
  • xLauraBethx
    xLauraBethx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well Done!

I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 and I have 6W6P to do after I've finished, I hope I get results like this :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I've had quite a few emails asking what this workout DVD is called. It's "Jillian Michaels six week 6 pack"
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Thanks Claire.

I strongly believe 30 day shred prepared me for bigger better things, so I'd suggest you do that first. Ripped in 30 was ok, but id say you could skip that and go straight to 6 pack if you wanted to. If you are feeling brave you could go straight to six pack, i'd say level 1 is on par with the shred... BUT level 2 is a big step up, which is where the stamina and strength you would build up the shred would benefit you.

So, in answer to your question...shred did the most for my stamina building, and 6 pack has been by far the best for visible toning results. Good luck if you give it a try!

For me, though I got the stamina benefit from the Shred as well, I got more out of doing Ripped afterwards. I lost 4 inches doing the Shred, but lost another NINE inches by following it with Ripped in 30. So everyone's results may not be the same... But ITA with dej on doing 30DS before trying this one. I think this one would have made me quit if I'd tried it first... The circuits are LONG, with the Shred there are much shorter circuits and the workout is slightly shorter as well.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've also done 30 DS and Ripped In 30, and I'm doing 6W6P now. Love all of Jillian's DVDs. I'll probably go back to 30 DS after this or try another one. Great results!
  • RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    great job!...keep up the hard work!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Honestly, I don't like Jillian MIchael's workouts much, and I can't stand the 30 day shred, but I have to admit that I agree the six week six pack workout is a great one, and you're right, it's great for the whole body and core, not just "abs". I would recommend it over any of her other workouts. Great results by the way!
  • 4caramel
    4caramel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank u so much for sharing , i really need to work on my tummy!!
    ur doin a great job!!
  • JulieMTiffany
    Options
    Awesome! I do own this DVD, but I've never got past the 1st week.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

For me, though I got the stamina benefit from the Shred as well, I got more out of doing Ripped afterwards. I lost 4 inches doing the Shred, but lost another NINE inches by following it with Ripped in 30. So everyone's results may not be the same... But ITA with dej on doing 30DS before trying this one. I think this one would have made me quit if I'd tried it first... The circuits are LONG, with the Shred there are much shorter circuits and the workout is slightly shorter as well.

Mariposa, you are absolutely right, everyone is different. Your progress pictures definitely showed you were getting "ripped" from doing RI30...for me, I only started getting those "ripped" changes when starting six pack. Im not saying ripped in 30 doesn't work, because you are proof it does! I think it's all down to the amount of body fat a person has...ripped helped me lose about 8 inches and 8lbs if I remember right, the body fat that needed to go in order for abs etc to show through. I didn't particularly enjoy doing it, but I still consider it to be a great stepping stone which is helping to get the best progress possible in my 6W6P.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you did amazing!!!! I will have to add that dvd to my collection:) thank you for sharing!!
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    Wow! Great results!

Your pictures have given me renewed hope. I'm really struggling with Ripped in 30. I got through 30 day Shred ok, but I'm finding Ripped REALLY hard! I'm on week 3, day 2. I was seriously thinking of giving up, but seeing what you have achieved has spurred me on!

Thanks for sharing and many congrats on a great job! :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Great work!!

I am doing 30 DS Level 3 on 3 days a week and 6W6P Level 1 on 3 days a week (I never got to level 2 yet on it). Because I keep one of the DVD's at my boyfriends house and one at mine... I don't like to have to remember to bring it back and forth with me. But now I'm considering with your results I might have to suck it up (pun intended), and just do 6W6P straight through start to finish.
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing, I have that DVD but have not tried it yet. I guess that is the workout I am stating with today. How was your eating or your calories during the workouts?
    Thanks for the motivation that is one part I really need to work on

My diet is probably not as clean as it could be but I really don't do diets. I eat everything I want but in moderation, always fitting a little bit of what I want into my macros and staying within calories 99% of the time.

I began my journey a little bit naive, it was all new to me, so I just went with the 1200 calories mfp gave me. It worked well for me, over the course of maybe 10 weeks I lost 18lbs steadily and wasn't hungry. The scale stopped moving so I upped to 1350 which did get things moving again. When I reached level 2 of six pack I started feeling tired, hungry and generally grumpy, I think this was because L2 seemed a big step up from L1 and my HRM was showing a higher calorie burn so I upped them again to 1500. The last 3lbs or so of my weight loss have been very slow as I'm approaching goal weight but I'm glad to say I am only 0.8lb away from goal. I was 156.8lb when I began and I am now 133.8lb.

Maybe that's my problem as well. I've been trying to stick to the 1200 MFP gave as well and I lost weight initially, but my weight loss has slowed down dramatically for the past 2 weeks. Maybe I just need to up my calories as I am constantly feeling hungry although I have 5-6 meals/snacks per day. I am even feeling hungry right now.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :) I already have the 6 Week Six Pack dvd along with 7 other Jillian Michaels dvds(including the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30).I am currently doing a variety of JM dvds along with the Brazil Butt Lift program.I will have to start doing the 6 Week Six Pack a little more often,because I know now that there could be hope for me. Thanks for sharing your story,and congratulations with your results :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!