Losing Baby Weight

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    SO...WOW...14 pounds gone! Yes, that is over the course of 13 weeks, but it's still 14 pounds! That's a little less than my daughter weighs now, so I can envision how much it really is! I was happy to have a loss this week, especially since my melt down last week! I WILL see results from my hard work...it's just going to take time. But it took me 9 months to gain the weight, so I can't even be a little upset if it takes me 9 months to lose it! And really, I was only about 12 pounds lighter than I am now pre-pregnancy, but my body was is in WAY different shape! SO...losing the weight is one thing, toning it all back up is another. I think my plan of attack is to continue pushing the cardio until I hit that pre-pregnancy weight, and then focus more on weights and toning things back up! I CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Kadence slept wonderfully last night...she seems to be getting back to that routine! She's still stuffy and I'm constantly sucking out her nose (which she doesn't like) but she's feeling much better! We're SO ready for Spring so we can be done with the winter colds! She goes back to the doctor March 5th for her 6 month check up....where the heck did those 6 months go?! CRAZY!!! Can't believe what a big girl she is!!!:heart:

How are all you ladies doing today? It's a new day...let's make it a beautiful one!!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    wow! 14lbs. Good for you!! So you are losing a pound a week? Thats great! What r u doing? I hope I can do that. Yesterday was my day one. I ate pretty good and then I did 20 min jillian micheals video. It was tough. Supposed to be 40 min I think. I just couldnt do it. I am going to try again tonight though. Maybe I can make it to 25 minutes. lol. What is your diet like?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Well...I was eating about 1700-1900 calories a day. Now my goal is set around 1650. I try and balance what I eat...whole grains, veggies, fruits, dairy, a little fat...etc... And I drink TONS of water. I try to get 30 minutes of cardio in 4 times a week...if not more. I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week. Took my body a bit to get going, but now it's pretty consistent. You just need to find what works for you! Good luck!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Kristin, congrats so far! You really are doing wonderfully!

I'm still dealing with a sick baby, and a sick hubby. I had this cold too, but it didn't hit me very hard. Hubby has been sleeping since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. :(

I am one handed typing so this will be shortish. I am excited to announce that we have ordered bodybuggs! I cannot WAIT to get it! It's kind of a lot of money for what it is but it will help me stay motivated. And that's what this is all about.

I've decided that my next mini goal is 179 in 4 weeks. That's 11 pounds, but it sets the bar high enough that I will really push myself. Technically I guess it will be 5 weeks counting the current week. Averaging 2.2 pounds a week, I think I can do that :) That is March 19th.
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hi girls!!

kristin you are doing great!

jess - you can totally meet that goal; you drop weight so quickly!

mina - i think renting the wolfman would be a better choice for me. i do not like horror either but can handle monster movies and tolerate them much better on my couch!

babyfat - i did a 20 minute jillian micheals video yesterday and am sore today! that was a really hard 20 mins too!

i am off to walk the dog and then hit the gym. today is my weigh on day and i am nervous!!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Cris- thanks for the encouragement and support!!

BabyFat- I never had a chance to give you a proper welcome- so welcome to the group!

Mina- I'd like to see When in Rome. And Valentine's Day- but I fear that looks like it could go the route of He's Just Not That into You.

Biggishorty- how you doing, hanging in there?

Kristin- I love the Val day pics! Too cute!! I love the flower one- you guys pulled that off well!!

Well...today was a biweekly measurement day!! Totals below:

neck: -0, total so far -.75
    waist: -2, total so far -7!!
    hips: -2, total so far -4.5

It's a pretty good day!! Let's all hang in there and do at least 20 minutes of exercise today!! Break a sweat!!

Off to bake a birthday cake! Fortunately it sounds gross, so I should be able to resist. Strawberry with choco swirl and strawberry icing. My little girl is turning 9. My hubby told her we've decided since she's a grown woman now she can marry Patrick Foust- her beloved boyfriend. She has been walking around telling all the other kids.

Oh, and another positive for the day: as we were leaving the house for the bus, the bus came early! We had to all sprint about a block to catch it. We got there and I wasn't even out of breath :)
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Had a great day yesterday; stayed under my cals and did 1 hour of exercise. BUT, I weighed in and have not lost any for the week :ohwell: really discouraging!!! Last Saturday's junk food fest must have really harmed me, so this week I need to be perfect. I plan to get in at least the 30 day shred 1 today if not some yoga too. Amelia got me up at 4am and never went back to sleep so it is imperative that I catch some zzz's this afternoon too!

Congrats Jess on the inches lost!!! What's your secret?

K - LOVE the V Day pics!!! You really did capture mass amounts of adorableness :love:

Have to get personal for a minute so I hope I don't offend! Any of you have problems w/ incontinence after giving birth? I pee my pants a little every time I jump rope or do jumping jacks! Any advice? It is really embarrasing and crazy annoying!

-Cris
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Found the following bit of info on the web MD and thought it was interesting:

Different women lose different amounts of weight after childbirth:

•Skinny moms who gain 30 to 35 pounds lose most of their pregnancy weight in the first three months.
    •Borderline overweight, older moms, third- or fourth-time moms who gain between 35 and 75 pounds, lose most of their weight between the third and sixth month. It is especially important for these moms not to remain more than a few pounds over their pre-pregnancy weight.
    •Overweight moms will lose most of their excess weight 6 to 9 months after childbirth.

So weight loss takes time. The key to remember is to eat right. You need to keep your energy levels up and you need to keep your serotonin levels up (these are the neurotransmitters that determine your mood) with a diet rich in complex carbs. This is not the time to go on a protein diet. You should be eating about 2000 calories, 50 to 60% of which should be complex carbs, 25 to 30% of which should be fat, and 20% of which should be protein.

If you are breastfeeding, you are burning 750 extra calories, so you should be eating 2,500 calories a day and you need 12 to 15 grams of extra protein. This means two glasses of milk or two extra eggs. Breastfeeding is not a weight loss guarantee, because for the first four months, prolactin, the hormone that stimulates milk production, also stimulates appetite and breastfeeding women tend to retain fluid.

The good news is that after four to six months, prolactin levels drop, but a breastfeeding mother's metabolism retains high. This means her body will burn fat and this is the one time in a woman's life where she will burn the fat in her thighs. So stick with breastfeeding for more than four months and it will be beneficial to your weight loss.

The bottom line is you need to eat right with as many fresh foods as possible, watching your calorie intake, but do not diet.

The full article can be found at http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=54613
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    well, have to report no weight loss this week, but I'm ecstatic that I didn't gain. last week was really tough, TOM, Valentine's stuff, etc. I made some really poor food choices, but really pulled out of it, so headed back in the right direction.
    Yesterday, went to the movies with another mom -we were both kid-free for about 2-3 hours... saw When in Rome - was a great chick flick - we laughed, and had a good time, even if the movie is a little predictable, it was enjoyable and fun. happy to report after measuring the waist line, I lost an inch in the waist.
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Ahhhhh good evening all!

Mina- congrats on staying the same weight and losing that inch!! That is a big deal!!

Cris- I think that info you posted from webmd is very interesting! I wonder what the basis of that is? I mean, I get why the skinny ones lose the weight right away. But I wonder why the peak periods for the other categories. I am in the second group I guess. I had gained about 25 pounds when I changed jobs and then I got preggo and gained another 65! LOL. Oink! But my 6 month period is almost up, so I'd better get crackin!

In regards to the incontinence, I have heard that doing Kegels is supposed to help with that, because the pelvic floor muscles have been stretched out. Personally, trying to do those exercises just bugs me in a way I can't describe! I have had one sneeze incident after this baby, that was my first ever. And this next statement may be waaaay TMI, but I will share in the hopes of shedding light, or having my own question answered! Sheesh this is embarrassing, but... I have found twice that I have had incontinence accidents twice in my sleep since this last baby too. I can't decide if it's just that I am so tired and not waking up and drinking too much water, or if it's a muscular thing?

Well, I am so glad today is OVER. I broke my own dumb resolve to get exercise in because I was running so much. That just disgusts me! If I am going to miss working out, well, I want it to be so I can be lazy and lay around and do nothing! First I baked a cake, then I took the pup to the vet this morning, then ran for gas, then to CVS to get RX for hubby (who has strep), then back to my house to drop off meds, then 1/2 hour drive to Walmart to buy birthday gifts for DD. Then shopped there for an hour, then drove 1/2 hour back. Then wrapped presents, then decorated cake, then cooked dinner, then cleaned up dinner, then did cake ceremony, then helped dd with her new pottery wheel, then baked cupcakes for dd to take to school, then bathed baby, then cleaned up huge mess created by pottery wheel and dog shredding wrapping paper, then put kids to bed, then cleaned the house up, then decorated cupcakes, and NOW, at 11 PM I finally sat down for the first time today. Toss into that mix my DH who is too sick to help with anything kid related, a sick and cranky baby, and 4 other kids underfoot/in my way/begging to buy stuff on eBay. ARRRRGH. To top that off, I cut myself like a one inch piece of the cake, which as predicted was disgusting, and I still ate anyway. And as I was later wrapping it up, I found myself picking crumbs and icing from the bottom of the pan.

And darn it my thighs are telling me I should have breast fed the baby longer. LOL
  • cat1110
    Options
    Morning all!
    Cris - Glad you put the incontinence thing out there. I think mine has gotten better over time, but still a problem. A few months after I had my son, when I would play tennis and land hard on my feet I would tinkle a little. Also sometimes when I cough....and most of all, when I do jumping jacks. I pretty much avoid jumping jacks now and do something alternative. I have also heard the Kegels help, but they are annoying and I always forget to do them. I think peeing on yourself is just part of being a mom.....:sad:

Jess - I'm exhausted just reading about your day yesterday!!! Are you still doing P90X?

This weekend is it supposed to get up to a blazing 60 degrees in Atlanta. How exciting! It might actually be warm enough to go outside - I would love to take Carter to the park and do some walking.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Just walked the dog for 40 minutes and headed off to the gym to get there and find I left my gym bag at home. UGH. So, I stopped and grabbed a bottle of wine on my way home to make myself feel better! Have to get in some more exercise though so I have enough calories to have a glass or two! Oh how I love the vino!

Catherine - I love that you say peeing on yourself is part of being a Mom! LOL!!! That is so true!! And... I have to say I love that you are a wine drinker too!

Jess - I would have to believe the incontinence while sleeping is a weak pelvic floor issue too since it is a newer issue. I have been doing research and Kegels are what they suggest on all the sites. How annoying. At Least you can do them while watching TV, etc.!

My little one has found her laugh and has now been smiling and laughing the last two days. It is incredible cute and fills me to teh brim with happiness! It really is worth peeing my pants over!

Kristen??!! Where are you girlie?

-C
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    new development!!!!! Mason took his first step BY HIMSELF yesterday!!! I was so bummed- my husband had to call and tell me as I was still at work. BUT, I saw him later, and he tried again. The smile on his face was priceless!!!! :) he's getting so big!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Morning!!

Cat-yep still doing p90x, though I must admit that I am getting bored with it. I did legs and back yesterday, and REALLY pushed myself to get as low as I possibly could in my leg exercises. It's the first time I am slightly stiff from it. I am the kind of person who would probably love to exercise- provided the workout was different every single time. I get bored so easily with things, even when I am getting great results!

Aw Cris on the laughs! Is that not just the BEST thing in the world??

Mina wow! You must be so excited! It's wonderful and sad all at once, isn't it?

So today was weigh in!! I am so excited to announce that I lost 5.1 pounds this week!!! That puts me at almost halfway to my mini goal one week in! LOL. I am starting to feel "normal" and dare I say even slightly attractive? My 360 degree muffin top is dramatically receding. Whooohoo what a good feeling!
  • mowens77
    mowens77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! Well we had weigh in this morning and I lost another 2.2 pounds yea!!!!! I was suprised with the holiday that I lost at all way too much eating out.

Also I've read in the previous posts about the P90X and just wanted to put it out there that you can download the abs portion off of the internet on www.stagevu.com I downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet I've got to admit I am a little intemidated by it looks really intense....
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Hey thanks for the welcome.

tattoodfreek - That is crazy you lost that much weight in a week!!! I am soooo impatient. It has only been 5 days for me on a good meal plan (I think) and 2 days of Jillians work out and a day of walking and I haven't lost anything! Maybe I need a new scale... (I hope) I just get so discouraged when I don't see results right away I think.

Plus Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and took Parker (my son) He is only 2 1/2 but I just wanted to get him checked out. Get him used to it... was I ever surprised to find out that his eyes are horrible and he needs glasses!!! I am totally bummed out about it. He is so little. Such a big responsibility for him. I got worried because he is so active, I don't want the glasses to get in the way of the things he loves to do. I almost ate a chocolate bar (I guess I found out I am an emotional eater. lol) The up side is that I wear glasses too so at least he isn't alone in it. :( sad... So anyways, you girls don't forget to take your kids to the eye doctor. I learned that parents don't usually take them maybe till about 6 or so. and a lot of development problems can be a part of the fact that they can't see well. Talking especially. So many things are making sense to me now.
  • mowens77
    Options
    Plus Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and took Parker (my son) He is only 2 1/2 but I just wanted to get him checked out. Get him used to it... was I ever surprised to find out that his eyes are horrible and he needs glasses!!! I am totally bummed out about it. He is so little. Such a big responsibility for him. I got worried because he is so active, I don't want the glasses to get in the way of the things he loves to do. I almost ate a chocolate bar (I guess I found out I am an emotional eater. lol) The up side is that I wear glasses too so at least he isn't alone in it. :( sad... So anyways, you girls don't forget to take your kids to the eye doctor. I learned that parents don't usually take them maybe till about 6 or so. and a lot of development problems can be a part of the fact that they can't see well. Talking especially. So many things are making sense to me now.

I know I didn't take my son until he was about 6 and found out his eyesight was really really bad too, I felt so bad that all that time he couldn't see and didn't even know the difference to say anything... poor baby

tatoodfreek~ Congrats on the weight loss that's really good!!!
  • anneforster1102
    anneforster1102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom to Genevieve Marie -- 5 months old yesterday. I created a cardio category for breastfeeding for 250 calories a day. I feel like I'm being conservative, but I don't want to shut down calories such that baby doesn't get enough nutrition. How is anyone else dealing with that??? Thanks, Anne
  • mowens77
    Options
    Hi Anne, I was wondering that too since I am breastfeeding my little one as well. I read alot of posts that suggest to add a minimum of 250 depending on how much you breastfeed eating too little calories will slow milk production they say I had also been adding 250 until I read that then I bumped it to 500(I don't eat all the extra cals everyday kinda use it as a buffer) I work so I am not feeding her during the day however I do pump at work I haven't noticed a decrease in the amount of milk production and I have continued to loss weight
  • anneforster1102
    anneforster1102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Peyton's mom

How do you make that cute baby ticker on your replies? Anne