Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    no one should add me, I suck.

Which is precisely why I added you.

shhh thats our little secret.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have fantastic and supportive friends in my FL, it goes both ways.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    dawson.jpg \m/

hahahahaha omg omg omg. I just..this is the best.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well I hope it wasn't you that deleted 7funnygirl7! She was very saddened! :sad:

Excellent.

Win!
  • tamerita48
    tamerita48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add me! :-)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a rampant problem on this site with people failing to understand the difference between concrete and abstract concepts. Supportive, in terms of an internet forum, is going to have different meanings for different people. Just like the words rude, jerk, snark, thin-skinned, and any number of other descriptions people like to toss around at each other because they lack any other ammunition for their public pissing contests. It is all a matter of perspective! So while you feel that your friends were being unsupportive, they may have felt differently. You are being quite judgmental to blame your lack of success on them. It was probably for the best any way.

My question to you is what makes you think the next batch of friends will be any different than the first? I mean, after all, you are just randomly selecting strangers on the internet to 'support' you.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me.

I will not post on all your food dairies or exercise entries but I will always answer any questions or give support on your MFP statuses.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    When I need extra support, I wear my jock strap. Keeps things just right.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Oh oh, delete me! I would love to never give support to you!

When I was done wiping my face from spitting out my water...I had to re-read this. I thought "NO WAY" could this post really have said that! Yep...sure did!

Nicely said.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Yes, success depends solely on what friends you have on MyFitnessPal. If you make friends with one of those 6-pack abs guys, you will loose weight for sure.
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I don't post on every single thing my friends post, but I do like to comment and encourage my friends and really enjoy the same! Feel free to add me. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So I know i have been on the wagon off the wagon over the past few months but mostly do to busy schedule and health issues. I have to say though the best feeling today was deleting all my fitness pal friends and am starting over. I felt as if they were not being very supportive and have decided that I need more supportive people around me. Starting over feels awesome!:happy:

I have noticed people who have signficant weight to lose never take any accounability for themselves. I am out of the house a mimimum of 12 hours a day, recently had surgery, and had problems walking due to problems with the tendons in both my lower legs yet still manages to take proper care of my diet. Whatever is going on is not a justification for going " on and off the wagon". Those are just excuses. The attitudes of people around you is another excuse. Why should people be supportive of someone who blames everythhing else other than their own lack of determination, will power, motivation.....etc...

Wow! Did you just make a generalization? I have significant weight to lose and I am totally accountable for my own behavior. I would never blame my friends for my failures.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add my if you would like. It helps so much if you have supportive people around you. Who needs rude, sarcastic and irrogant people, they just bring others down.

*arrogant (or do you mean ignorant?) people*? *They ...
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add my if you would like. It helps so much if you have supportive people around you. Who needs rude, sarcastic and irrogant people, they just bring others down.

OOOH! Can *I* be one of those irrogant people? I'm already rude and sarcastic....(well, OK, I'm seldom rude...just VERY sarcastic).
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry you are getting some really rude comments on here,
  • zambodiare
    Options
    This thread is hilarious!! SofaKing, you are the best!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    WOW....Good luck...Just remember that YOU are resposible for what you do and eat, not your MFP friends...
    You might have to start looking for something else to blame now that you have no more MFP friends to drag you down....

I LOVE this!!!!!!!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

OOOH! Can *I* be one of those irrogant people? I'm already rude and sarcastic....(well, OK, I'm seldom rude...just VERY sarcastic).

Irrogance nevur neds 2 aks. They jest due wut they due.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    If you think some strangers out in internet land are the only reason why you failed or fell off the wagon, I feel really sorry for you. This is your journey....friends on here are great and I love mine but you are responsible for your actions. I don't really care if I get a WTG or awesome on any of the accomplishments I make...in fact, I have it so my stuff doesn't even post to my feed anymore. If you want to stick with something, you will. If not, you won't...stop blaming other people. I appreciate my friends and I do like to help them (or vice versa) but they certainly don't dictate if I am successful or not. For a big majority of my time here, I didn't have any friends at all....I still lost weight.