how do you divide your calories?

Replies

• munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Lunch usually takes the most calories for me. I don't like to eat much in the evening, since I move around like a sloth during night hours. Always feel like crap the next day if I have a big dinner!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    I have about 200 calories or so for breakfast, 200-300 or so for lunch, 400 for snacks and 400 for dinner.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    I do about 300/500/700 for breakfast/lunch/dinner, then another 500 or so usually for 1 or 2 snacks. I've tried doing the eat more earlier in the day thing, but it didn't work for me. This is what I naturally tend to gravitate towards, and it's working, so I'm happy.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    My breakfast is usually 200-300 calories, my snacks are each about 100-200 calories, my lunch is about 300-400 and my dinner is more 400-600. It works the best for me.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Lunch with my afternoon snack tends to be my highest. I am eating 1800 plus calories now because I am
    in maintenance, but most days I was 350 per meal including 350 for snacks when I was trying to lose.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    400 for breakfast, 300 for lunch, 500 for dinner and then whatever I have exercised off for snacks.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    With my teeth and digestive system.

? Im sorry but why do you even bother posting if you are going to be a smart *kitten*?

People call them "jokes".
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I'm sedentary (i.e. "lazy") so I'm on a low cal diet.

I eat a very small breakfast, just like an apple or an energy bite, because I want to rev my metabolism for the day, but am usually not very hungry when I wake up. Lunch is usually the big meal for me, and then I have a light dinner.

Personally, I shy from snacking, I tend to let calories get away from me when I eat a snack. (a "handful" of cashews turns into three or four, I lose count, and whoops! I just horked down 300 calories, and I'm STILL hungry. FML)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    I don't. I judge my next meal based off of the calories and macros if the meal I just had.

Some days a large lunch and small dinner, some days vice versa. Some days same size.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    I try and eat more calories for breakfast and lunch and keep it light for dinner plus my two snacks.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    The bulk of my calories I consume after 7pm.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    With my teeth and digestive system.

? Im sorry but why do you even bother posting if you are going to be a smart *kitten*?

People call them "jokes".

srsly! guess someone wasn't in line when they gave out funny bones.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    A random question I just thought of.... How do you all divide up your calories between meals and snacks? More specifically, do you find that you eat more calories for one meal than others, or are you pretty even across the board? After looking at my food journal I notice I eat about even caloric amounts for breakfast, lunch and my two snacks combined. Then dinner is the remainder of my calories. I'm just curious to see how others do it and if maybe switching my heavier calorie meal to earlier in the day would be more beneficial. Any thoughts?

The most important thing to note is that personal preference should dictate your decisions on this. You aren't going to have any physiological benefit to making one meal bigger or smaller provided that we are comparing the exact same total intake.

That being said, I skip breakfast, eat a medium sized lunch, and then eat a buttload of crap for dinner.

Here Here!
    I do the same.
    Though the big sub at subway for breakfast looks yum yums on a lift day!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    I eat about 150 cals for breakfast, 300 for lunch, and then like 1,000 calories for dinner. :)

This ^ :)

I try to do around 100 for breakfast, from 100-400 for lunch, then I always have a HUGE meal for dinner. And I work out between lunch and dinner so, when it comes dinner time, on a good exercise day, I can have up to like 2,000 calories for dinner :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    I usually eat around 200 calories for breakfast (my go-to meal is a bowl of cereal with almond milk and some strawberries).
    Lunch is more varied, but usually doesn't go over 400.
    Dinner can be anywhere from 300 to 600.
    And I'm a HUGE snacker. This probably isn't the case for a lot of people, but I eat every 2-3 hours or so. I'm more likely to have 6 small meals than 3 large ones. My snack calories from yesterday totaled to 500. On days that I eat a really small dinner it's even higher :P

Very similar to me!

My breakfast is around 300cals, lunch around 350, dinner around 500 and snacks around 400 (this is 300 daytime snacks and 100-150 evening snack, I like something sweet before bed!) x
  • markysan
    markysan Posts: 33
    I do 200-400-600 for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I dont eat before 8am or after 6pm. Everyones different, but this is to stop me having munchies and better sleep lol
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    I mostly eat about 5-6 small meals throughout the day and I try to make lunch my biggest meal with my carbs being mostly eaten during the morning and afternoon so I can burn them off. So about 300 cals per meal with lunch at times going as high as 500.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    I eat about 200-300 for breakfast,
    allot 400-ish for lunch,
    & eat a hefty (but healthful dinner) which ranges in calories depending upon how many snacks I have during the day--which are usually not more than 100-200, about twice a day.
    So I definitely save most of my calories for dinner!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    It kind of increases as my day goes on. I am on maintenance now, but I eat about 350 for breakfast, 400 ish for lunch, and about 500 -600 for dinner. Then a snack of about 100 calories. If I excersise, I eat back those calories as well.
  • I follow this guide. It's not limited to those doing the P90X workout program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_iE7qSw6c