What sushi rolls do you get?

Options

Replies

• Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have "date nights" once a month where we go to the gym, burn about 600 calories, and then go out for sushi. My favs are kanikama, ebi, cucumber rolls, spicy crab rolls, and a botz roll. Love, love, love sushi! I think it's time to schedule that date night. :wink:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I just get the stuff I like - meaning I don't pick based on nutrition. I pretty much like the basics: tuna (maguro) sashimi, yellowtail (hamachi) / scallion rolls, seaweed salad.
    I try not to overdo the rice or tempura items. Tempura items are perfect to share!

another member here (anubis69) directed me to
    http://www.sushifaq.com/
    which has nutritional info for a lot of sushi items...some have already been entered in the database here by other members.

ENJOY...and have fun! (itadakimasu) :drinker: :glasses:
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    although not really sushi, I love cali rolls and cuke rolls.

real sushi, sashimi, obviously, any kind, in moderation
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Salmon sashimi, salmon avocado temaki, salmon avocado maki, miso & edamame. It's an addiction.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is pretty filling and low in calories. You should probably avoid anything with tempura or with mayonnaise (a lot of places use spicy mayonnaise to make the spicy rolls). Keep in mind that both salmon and avocado have a lot of fat, but that it's healthy fat.

I usually get a miso soup and two rolls for a total of about 500 calories, and I find that pretty filling. You can also look into getting a seaweed salad or Japanese pickles for more low calorie, but filling options.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating sushi, counting calories is the farthest thing from my mind. It's one of my guilty "once in a while" pleasures. I like just about anything with avocado, salmon, or spicy tuna. I've been known to shove those huge cream-cheese covered rolls into my face, as well. :laugh:

^^ ME TOO! I get sushi once or twice a month (at least) and I just don't worry about calories...I figure whatever I get is still better than going to Five Guys!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    When I'm eating sushi, counting calories is the farthest thing from my mind. It's one of my guilty "once in a while" pleasures.

True that.

Agreed.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I eat it all, with the exception of California rolls, which really isn't sushi since it's cooked, but my favorite is the spicy tuna roll.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    OMG Seaweed salad with crab/avacado/carrot/cucumber/brown rice rolls YUM!!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sushi night one a month is pretty much my only "cheat" day. I get the tuna roll (not spicy), and rainbow roll. Still not bad.
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bumping, might have to go this wekeend now thanks all
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I opt for low-cal as I love sushi. I get salmon/albacore nigiri, caterpillar roll, veggie roll, or rainbow roll. Not all in one sitting though if I had no self-control then I would probably eat everything at once! :laugh:
  • cookadook
    Options
    My Kroger now has brown rice options available. I had a Crab Roll yesterday... couple weeks ago had their Dynamite Roll... both with brown rice.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Now I want sushi for lunch- maybe a volcano roll and some eel nigiri
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I went with a white tuna avocado roll and a cucumber avocado roll (both with brown rice) with edamame and tom yum soup for a starter (it was an Asian fusion place that had Thai, Chinese, and Japanese). So good!!!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Philly roll, Spider roll, spicy tuna roll, kimchi roll
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Spicy tuna, spider roll, and anything with peppers
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Baked Lobster Roll...my favorite!!
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cucumber roll 130 calories! Win!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    None - seafood's gross. That being said, I wish I liked it and try it all the time hoping one day I will!
    I am with you on that, however there are vegetable alternatives! I don't eat seafood at all and I enjoy sushi very much so!

For the OP, I get avocado sushi roll, maki rolls, and I like to get either tamago or inari sushi as well as a little splurge! I 'sometimes' get sweet potato rolls, if I have the extra calories, and as a treat :)