Oh why oh why did he have to....

Options

Replies

• newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You do save all your stories, yes? You see, when you are at goal weight- I want to be your agent- we're going to get your stories published. Your style, wit and emotion should be spread far and wide I swear. You write so well and bring such feeling to us, the reader.

Oh and --it goes without mentioning - fighting off garlic bread is like slaying the mighty dragon in my world-
    Can I be your princess?:blushing: You're my hero !!!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    What a great post and big cheers for you and your wil power!! Your story is a definite inspiration for me! THANK YOU!!!!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! Made me tear up! Congratulations to you and your fantastic friends on your victory!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed this post! Your attitude and skilled wording:-)! Keep up all the Great work!:flowerforyou:
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is the second post of yours I have read... fabulous! I believe you are well on your way and you give me the motivation you are so thankful to get from others! Way to go... and we WILL make it!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    That's very inspirational. All it takes is to have the will power to remove the temptation. Way to go.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am struggling with the unexpected treats left out at work or at Grandma's house... this story is truly inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    this made me smile. :) You are very right, I couldn't make it without my MFP friends. :heart:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I read your post and I cried. I have been there...but I have NOT done that.
    I have been doing well keeping temptation out of my home and with packing my meals, I have done a reasonable job of keeping on track while out or at work. Yesterday was an exception. It was bad emotionally. (I had to go to the courthouse...which is in a less than great part of town...and while I was there for admirable reasons, I felt lumped into the criminal element and couldn't wait to do my business and get OUT.) The anxiety stuck with me and there were lemon cookies on the table at work. I had enough calories for ONE but like an alcoholic or coke addict...I can't have JUST one...so I had four. I was all feeling accomplished that I put the package back with cookies left in it! (which is a feat for me...)

I faithfully logged everything. My friends supported me and let me know the cookie monster got me...that my sweet tooth won...that today is a NEW day.

But YOU, my friend, just raised the bar. I didn't just let myself down...I let down all of my friends that *I* should be trying to set an example for...and I also let down my family even though they didn't SEE what I did...because I am stringing out the process of getting healthy.

THANK YOU for the WAKE UP CALL!
    and the CALL to EXCELLENCE!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    LOVED this!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a GREAT story! Way to go.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well done you have fab will power!

Keep it up!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT STORY!!!! You turned what could have been a caloric disaster into a V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!! YAY TEAM!!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou: I know exactly how you felt. Very inspiring!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i am SO impressed! it's awesome that you overcame the urge/desire/want to eat that garlic bread! I too LOVE garlic bread and hope i would have as much willpower as you did!
    JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wonderful willpower!!!! What you did is exactly what MFP is all about. We have a plan and we have to stick with it. Kudos for giving it away!!!! I have been know to sprinkle artificial sweetener on food to "ruin" it so I don't want it. I will give it away next time!!!
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Simply stated....Thank you!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm going to share this with the fb group I participate in, Slimdown With Sandee. We are always looking for inspirational stories and everyone there knows that I credit my success so far to the support of MFP and those in the group. Support has been a huge factor for me. As others have said, your writing skills are awesome. You really should start a regular blog to help record moments like these as you continue your journey. It will be great to look back on when you reach your goal!

21643952.png
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing storyteller! The way you handled the garlic bread was awesome. I find two valuable points in this;

1. I think you were partially able to resist the dreaded GB because you were allowing yourself to eat pizza and not just the salad. I think it is important for all of us to find room in our day/ week/ month for food items many would consider "off-limits" on a diet. Because if we aren't thinking of it as a diet but a lifestyle we need to learn how to have those normal foods in our life.

2. You accessed MFP instantly on your smart phone. I also have a smart phone with the MFP app, and I know that I would not have made it this far without it. Having it with me all the time to log my food, to looks up nutritional information, and to look at photos of myself before and after have made each day workable and manageable. I wish everyone could have such instant access as those of us fortunate enough to afford the technology.

Thank you for sharing! You ROCK!!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. What is your strategy for next time?

When the server comes by with the bread, immediately say, "No thank-you, I'm on a low carb diet." They will understand! When the pizza arrives, take 2 slices. Scrape the topping off one slice onto the other and put the bare piece of bread back onto the tray.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!