Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Amen! And ladies please stop wearing jeans with your muffin top hanging out....I don't care if you squeezed into a size 6....not all of you is inside the pants where it belongs. Some things just shouldn't be worn on certain body types even if it's in style...wear what looks best on your body and not your 12 year old daughter.

Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits, lol!

Maybe they dont look good on YALL. Doesnt mean it looks bad on everyone else.

Maybe you should have said - ladies - if you are going to dress in juniors styles, make sure they fit you properly, that all of your skin is inside the clothing, that the print and design is appropriate to the venue and that you wouldnt have a cow if you were tagged in facebook wearing it.

This would have been a much nicer, much more positive message than - UR ALL DOING IT WRONG JUST CAUSE I CANT PULL IT OFF

Easy killer - I saw the phrase on pinterest and thought was applicable to the muffin tops portion of the post I quoted under. Don't take it to heart, I was just making a joke :(
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Macy's Misses Dept. is the best place to shop. Prices are great too when they are 70% off!
  • staceface519
    Options
    And also: to the people that ***** and whine that Macy's or WHBM or Ann Taylor is too expensive, you're more than likely getting better made clothing at those places. Look for sales. I would prefer to shell out a little extra on a pair of WELL-MADE jeans that will last me years and years. Quality, not quantity.

Not always true... While I find good deals at Macy's all the time (I don't like the clothes that fit me very much though... they make me look fat and old... no lie)... but they aren't always quality made... I'm a stickler on how things get washed and I have had a few things that I just bought this spring already start to fall apart...

Little Hint: Macys clothing, Bloomingdales AND JCPenneys clothes are ALL made the same way with the same fabrics (except for designer lines). . . Macys charges more to get in a different clientel. .

man i need to stop working in retail stores. . . . ive worked in them all and can tell u all the secrets. . . at least the NY stores lol
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Heidi Klum is about the only woman I see wear junior's style clothing and she can work it. The rest just look stupid.

That's a very ignorant thing to say. I am so glad that a lot of you judgmental people do not have a say in what I buy. Your opinion is just that, but half the clothing I buy, unless you work at that store or I tell you, you would not even know it's juniors.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Amen! And ladies please stop wearing jeans with your muffin top hanging out....I don't care if you squeezed into a size 6....not all of you is inside the pants where it belongs. Some things just shouldn't be worn on certain body types even if it's in style...wear what looks best on your body and not your 12 year old daughter.

^^This....with the tight baby tees on top. Lawdy lawdy! :noway:

*unless you have the body to pull it off.

fixed your post for you.

Youre welcome.
  • yoovie
    Options

Maybe you should have said - ladies - if you are going to dress in juniors styles, make sure they fit you properly, that all of your skin is inside the clothing, that the print and design is appropriate to the venue and that you wouldnt have a cow if you were tagged in facebook wearing it.

This would have been a much nicer, much more positive message than - UR ALL DOING IT WRONG JUST CAUSE I CANT PULL IT OFF

Easy killer - I saw the phrase on pinterest and thought was applicable to the muffin tops portion of the post I quoted under. Don't take it to heart, I was just making a joke :(

Sorry caps make it look like Im screaming - it just bugs me when people say that NO ONE can pull something off when there is an entire demographic of classy, grown women who DO pull it off. Every day. Their shape and their personal style just works better with juniors clothing, and when those same women try to dress from the women's section all of their style and quirk just falls flat and they look dumpy.

Its not fair. I dont like that where I shop is still enough to judge me as trash.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Who are you to judge where people shop??? Some women may shop there cause they have no choice!!! My Mom had Lupus and was smaller then a 00 and would have no choic but to shop in the Juniors dept and she would cry every time she had to do it!!! Dont think it helps much when people are standing there staring like what is that 50 yr old woman doing here???? You should think of others feelings before you say stuff like that....I have no choice but to shop in the mens (juniors) dept for jeans cause I am 6ft 3in and they dont make womens jeans long enough to fit...does that mean there is something wrong with me too????
  • Rizzo_D
    Rizzo_D Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    People should dress in clothes that fit, period. If you want to get them from the junior dept and they fit our body, it shouldn't matter. Clothes in the Women's dept (at least where I live with VERY limited stores) are all short, boxy, paisley and flower printed shirts and jeans with no shape that fit worse than juniors. I am not wearing disgusting clothes that wont even cover my stomach and jeans that don't fit just because I am over the age of 20 that is ridiculous.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Basics from the juniors department are way cheaper than basics in womens... obviously I don't wear the trashy graphic tees or embellished jeans, but when I want to save money I hit up the juniors department for certain items, because yes, now I fit into them.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I'm imagining the majority of you with Justin Bieber t-shirts on and neon bracelets.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Sorry caps make it look like Im screaming - it just bugs me when people say that NO ONE can pull something off when there is an entire demographic of classy, grown women who DO pull it off. Every day. Their shape and their personal style just works better with juniors clothing, and when those same women try to dress from the women's section all of their style and quirk just falls flat and they look dumpy.

Its not fair. I dont like that where I shop is still enough to judge me as trash.

Lol, no worries. No judgement on where anyone shops here - if you look good, you look good :) And muffin tops are also available in Women's sections, so I'll go back to my original joke - Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits, lol!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You know why just limit this to Junior clothing? How about women over the age of 20 shouldn't wear:

High heels -- this includes very high heels with a slight platform in the front
    Bikini's
    Knee high, thigh high, hell any sort of boot
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

From now on the standard issue for any woman over the age of 20 should be a burlap sack. Problem solved!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A few examples of misses clothing from Macy's and JC Penney:

While you look great in all of them, I wouldn't wear a single item in these pictures. That is not my style at all.

Today I am wearing a shirt titled "The Periodic Table of Pirates" (black with white table of elements with jokes written in them), Levi jeans (juniors), and a grey zip-up hoodie with a skull and crossbones and rhinestones. And a black plastic headband with a butterfly on it, accenting my bleach blonde pixie with pink highlights.

Maybe I'm not dressing my age (24), but I sure am dressing my style!

It's fine if they're not your style, but you wouldn't call them frumpy, either, would you? That's what people keep saying about misses departments, that they're all frumpy and clearly they aren't.

And I could never, ever wear what you describe to my job even I were 24 and that was "my style." I'd still have to have different clothes. I could wear all but the maxi dress to work (and did). And the maxi dress only because it's a halter and not easy to wear a sweater or blazer over the top of it.
  • yoovie
    Options
    You know why just limit this to Junior clothing? How about women over the age of 20 shouldn't wear:

High heels -- this includes very high heels with a slight platform in the front
    Bikini's
    Knee high, thigh high, hell any sort of boot
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

From now on the standard issue for any woman over the age of 20 should be a burlap sack. Problem solved!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • yoovie
    Options
    frump is subjective
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm imagining the majority of you with Justin Bieber t-shirts on and neon bracelets.

That would be the girl's section at Target, not the junior's department at a department store. Just fyi.
  • Rizzo_D
    Rizzo_D Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I shop in the juniors department. Primarily because I'm short but I'm always very selective with what I will try on. I stick to basic things like dresses or shirts and don't even look at them if they look too young. Plus, as a student, I need the cheaper things when I can find it. No shame in trying not to break the bank,.

See there is no shame in that and you are doing nothing wrong you are weeding out the little kid stuff to find pieces that are universally mature, and many people in their 20s are students I'm right there with you. I am not going to buy a $50 pair of jeans because they are "better quality" when I can buy a $20 pair that are just the same but not from the Women's Dept.
  • rml_16
    Options

I see a lot of very nasty posts from you, and not just in this thread. I recognize the avatar. Methinks someone has jealousy issues.
  • rml_16
    Options
    frump is subjective

Was that directed at me?
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    frump is subjective

True, but what I'm getting from the juniors shoppers here is that every single item of clothing from every single designer that does not create juniors clothes is frumpy - which is not true. That's as judgy as the OP.

I covet weekend wear by Paltrow, Aniston, Bilson - not frumpy.