Skinny problems

Options
124»

Replies

• Jongfaith
    Options
    1. cold all the stinking time!

2. knees rubbing uncomfortably whren sleepiing

3. bruising easily! llike maybe i'm in an abusive relationship look... not attractive!

4. in between sizes and having no hips or butt any longer so if pants are a little baggy to the floor it goes!

5. Kept my giant DDD boobs so far which makes me look like Dolly Parton and my balance is off adding to the bruising issue.

6. not feeling as strong... yeah I'm lifting more than before but when wrestling with my boyfriend I used to win occasionally because I had more "weight" to throw around... Now he pins me and I'm done for!

7. Interventions from friends who are concerned that losing weight is all you are interested in any more. I have been told that they prefer me fat and jolly rather than healthy and .... more serious? not sure what it is but much less fun I guess... damn damn damn

8. Don't see my family often and sent them a picture of myself only to get the response... "Who is this?" Seriously my parents said they wouldn't know me if they saw me on the street.

9. Always being hungry... use to share my food with the dog on occasion. Now that **** is mine if it is on my plate because I have the calories to eat it back off doggie I will fight you to the death for it!

10. GOING TO END IT ON A POSITIVE NOTE. Never have seen this weight since middle school and feeling like a new more bubbly person with endless energy and no medical issues that I had just 45 lbs ago:)

That outweighs all the negatives!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have no problems! Have always been cold, my boobs are still huge, and I love shopping! :happy:
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    10. GOING TO END IT ON A POSITIVE NOTE. Never have seen this weight since middle school and feeling like a new more bubbly person with endless energy and no medical issues that I had just 45 lbs ago:)

I feel that way too! I love everyone's answers.
    I created this post as an icebreaker because I was complaining one day to someone about my clothes being too loose and it made me think of First World Problems, because compared to the problems people have when they're overweight, it seems silly.
    I'm definitely not skinny but before I lost weight, I had to deal real problems like chafed thighs, bad circulation, being easily out of breath and overheated, awkward moments when strangers asked me when my baby was due, etc...etc...etc..
    Now I deal with the smaller boobs (which my husband loves, so that works out!), feeling frumpy in all my big clothes and feeling overwhelmed with trying to replace them with things that fit right, and my newest and most foreign problem: Having to fight off men (and women on occasion) hitting on me at least once a day!
    No one wants to hear someone say "Man, I wish people would stop coming on to me everywhere I go!". Oh boo hoo, lol!

But in this thread... complain all you want folks, you've earned it! :bigsmile:
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    #1.....boobs!! They are non-existant now. :(

#2 ....in between sizes. Can't fit in the smaller size just yet, but one size up is baggy.

^^^^ this!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My hands and feet are always freezing now!

I am like the Ice Queen especially at night.

People telling me I look emaciated, I'm too obsessive, I have an eating disorder... none of this is true. I am a perfectly healthy weight, I lot the weight in the course of an entire year! I eat 1500 calories a day and normally eat back my exercise calories too

And OMG about the underwire bra comment SO TRUE!!! chest/ribs is where I've lost the most weight unfourently BC like who wants to lose weight there? Haha and under-wires hurt bad! I wear a lot of undershirts now instead of bras haha

Also someone posted about a 10K being easy, a year ago I would have thought you were nuts but that seems like an easy part of weight loss to me now as well. The joys of MFP haha
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My hands and feet are always freezing now!

I am like the Ice Queen especially at night.

This D: and the sad part is that I live in FLORIDA!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Skinny problems? NONE!! It's the BEST!!! :drinker:

Seriously though....

1. Clothes too big is just as bad as clothes too small.

2. My shoes.... seriously. Shoes that used to be just right are now kind of hard to walk in because they're just a little too big.

3. Yep, cold. Brrrrr. Yay for heater on at my work desk even in the summer....:grumble:

4. Being too stuffed at a GREAT meal. I love to eat. Being stuffed prematurely.... meh. Over that.

5. And last but not least..... people, especially coworkers, giving you a hard time for being thin or watching what you eat. Just last week I garnered a few negative, sarcastic comments when a coworker offered me a donut and I turned it down (what they didn't know was that I was planning to eat ALL the cookies at a friend's party later that night..... oh well). People never said anything about my eating habits when I was heavy, obviously because that would be rude... but they tend to think that sarcastic comments about my eating habits now are like compliments or something. They're not. They're just rude.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Nothing major to complain about. I did have to have my wedding ring taken down to a 4.5 which seems child-sized to me. The other problem is clothes shopping because I am a very extreme hourglass (35-24-37) which I LOVE and won't complain about, but it is hard to find clothes that fit well. Either too tight in the hips or shoulders or boobs or bagging at my waist.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I need a pillow to sit on, because my *kitten* bone is so pointy. But, I can't wait till I need that pillow again!!! Bring on the skinny problems!!!
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    2. My shoes.... seriously. Shoes that used to be just right are now kind of hard to walk in because they're just a little too big.

YES! This is a strange problem that most people don't think of. When you lose weight you can lose it in your feet (and not just the width can change). In high school, I wore an 11. Now I wear a 10. And yesterday I kept going back and forth from the 9 1/2 and and 10 section and I took FOREVER to find shoes, I think the sales lady thought I was strange.
    Another weird thing is, I have like Hercules calves, because I gain the most muscle mass in my calves, so even though I've lost weight, I still have a hard time finding the right boots.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The only downside is that I can't eat as much. That is all.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me it is the clothes!! I don't have a lot of money either and I'm going to Hawaii (paid for by mom) in January so I don't really want to buy much now but my clothes are getting soooo BIG on me. Going to have to break down a get something or else my current clothes are going to literally be falling off of me, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
  • omgjennielee
    Options
    when I started my fitness pal, i was already on a diet, i just wanted to use this to help me keep better track. when i started dieting before coming here i was 164 pounds (so in total ive dropped almost 20 pounds). My clothes don't fit me right anymore! and I cant see the logic in going and buying more than a few pairs of pants or shirts instead of a whole wardrobe cause im not even close to my goal weight yet!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1. cold all the stinking time!

2. knees rubbing uncomfortably whren sleepiing

3. bruising easily! llike maybe i'm in an abusive relationship look... not attractive!

4. in between sizes and having no hips or butt any longer so if pants are a little baggy to the floor it goes!

5. Kept my giant DDD boobs so far which makes me look like Dolly Parton and my balance is off adding to the bruising issue.

6. not feeling as strong... yeah I'm lifting more than before but when wrestling with my boyfriend I used to win occasionally because I had more "weight" to throw around... Now he pins me and I'm done for!

7. Interventions from friends who are concerned that losing weight is all you are interested in any more. I have been told that they prefer me fat and jolly rather than healthy and .... more serious? not sure what it is but much less fun I guess... damn damn damn

8. Don't see my family often and sent them a picture of myself only to get the response... "Who is this?" Seriously my parents said they wouldn't know me if they saw me on the street.

9. Always being hungry... use to share my food with the dog on occasion. Now that **** is mine if it is on my plate because I have the calories to eat it back off doggie I will fight you to the death for it!

LOVE your #9 & #10 - especially when my little guys go all baby bird on me... :) - my husband is complaining that i'm a really annoying bundle of energy now... but it could be that i'm in a better mood, so he's feeling more comfortable telling me what a PITA i've always been :D
  • ladyqwerty
    Options
    The XS is sometimes smaller! I have a tiny frame and now I'm always tempted to buy clothes in online Asian shops.
    >.< US clothes are large for me.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    On a non-full flight in December, SOMEBODY ACTUALLY SAT NEXT TO ME. Grrrrrrrrrrr. That never happened to fat Josh.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Its got to be the in between size issue. I walk aroung with the butt of my pants sagging to my knees. But for some odd reason I cant fit into the next size down. Maybe they should get jeans in odd sizes...15...13...11.. id like it

try the juniors section. they usually have odd sizes.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In between jeans are a huge problem for me.
    Also non cute bras for tiny boobs D=
    Being cold most of the time especially in the winter with wind chills.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I couldn't find pants, any pants. The waist was always too big and the legs too short.
    It's hard to find size 6 where I live (AU), let alone smaller, I usually just wear oversized things now.
    I can't have my knees touch when I sleep as they press together and cramp/leave marks.
    Sitting hurts, even on a pillow after a while if it isn't soft enough.
    I have narrow shoulders and no boobs; clothing straps fall off my shoulders all the time.
    I've had a thigh gap my whole life, all it means is I can't sit my phone on my lap because it smashes on the ground.
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    I have narrow shoulders and no boobs; clothing straps fall off my shoulders all the time.

I have this problem too!! I try on cute dresses that fit almost everywhere else, but the bust and shoulders, it's annoying when you really want to fill out a dress is the right places. I'm gathering a collection now of things to take to a tailor, so I can wear my favorite things again (however, I can't complain two much about that, because taking in a garment is far easier than taking out a garment).

Laying on my side pokes into my hip bone now. And I sleep with a pillow between my knees. :indifferent: