diet pills

Options
I'm thinking about taking diet pills, does anyone have a favorite? I was thinking about oxyelitepro or lipodrene with ephreda

thoughts? :)

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'd go with raspberry ketones or try the HCG diet.
  • sarahm_young
    Options
    did either of them work good for you? I'm trying to lose 20 lbs like asap lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sigh, now I feel bad. I was being sarcastic.

Please just try to follow your calorie recommendations from MFP and exercise. I swear it works. You don't need to waste your money on diet pills/fad diets.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    did either of them work good for you? I'm trying to lose 20 lbs like asap lol

You didn't gain it overnight, why do you expect to lose it that way? The healthy way is slow and steady.
  • macpacman
    Options
    Even if you take those pills, you won't magically lose weight. You will still have to exercise and eat right. It's that simple.
  • sarahm_young
    Options
    I have a very slow metabolism, it takes forever to lose weight with the healthiest diet for me
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    "According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there is little evidence of ephedra's effectiveness, except for short-term weight loss. However, the increased risk of heart problems and stroke outweighs any benefits."

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/ephedra

Wouldn't touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole.......

Eat a sensible, nutritious diet and become more active. There are no shortcuts worth taking.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    If diet pills worked we all would look like super models.

All they do is make your wallet lighter
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree the pills are useless but i dissagree you need to exersize...you can lose weight without cardio, however cardio doesnt hurt at all and is good for the heart but fat loss comes down to eating less then your body needs a day
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Try going for a run and lifting weights to speed up your metabolism, and therefore the whole process. In fact, get up and do 20 lunges right now. They're 100% free and guaranteed to boost your metabolism.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a very slow metabolism, it takes forever to lose weight with the healthiest diet for me

Why do you think your metabolism is slow?

Were you counting calories during your healthy eating? I can easily over do it on health foods if i dont track
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It isn't a diet... it is a lifestyle change, I will promise you it will fall off. And you will learn so much about your body, that a stupid diet wouldn't teach
  • LovestheEarth
    LovestheEarth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I took OxyElitePro. I didn't lose weight on it. If you take it, make sure you absolutely drink the recommended amount of water. I failed to do so and I would get excrutiating migraines after my workouts. I'm afraid to take it now even though I know to drink more water.
  • sarahm_young
    Options
    I exercise four days out of the week and work 45 hours. I'm in constant movement unless i'm at school. I only eat healthy foods and have been doing this for about two months and haven't lost a thing.. yes i didn't gain weight over night but i don't expect to lose it overnight either. Just looking for something to help me speed up my process
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Have you had it measured?
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sigh, now I feel bad. I was being sarcastic.

Please just try to follow your calorie recommendations from MFP and exercise. I swear it works. You don't need to waste your money on diet pills/fad diets.

LOL!! I was gonna say...WHAAAAAT?!! Dont do the HCG DIET! 500cals a day and hormone drops are NOT gonna give you a permanent result.

Stick to logging and exercise. IT WILL WORK
  • sarahm_young
    Options
    The hcg diet is defff not a good idea lol!
    Thanks
  • sarahm_young
    Options
    Not by any professionals or anything, my trainer told me its slower than normal
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Well, it's hard to suggest where you might be going wrong, since you don't make your diet public. It's all a numbers game. If you are eating more than you burn, you will gain weight. If you are eating less than you burn, you will lose weight. Sounds like you are eating what you burn. Try knocking 20% off of that, and see where you end up after a month. No cheating.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    whats your height, weight, and exercise routine. Also, how many calories are you eating now. There is always the chance of you under eating.