What "healthy" food do you have to keep out of your house?

13»

Replies

• milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    dried/fresh coconut, walnuts, sometimes kellogs frosties.

I have kellog's frosties in the house now to eat as the occasional treat when I crave something sweet and I don't overdo it as much/feel as bad about it than when I'd do that with chocolate, plus it doesn't have nearly as much fat/saturated fat as chocolate. Wouldn't say it's super healthy per se, but healthier than most treat foods!

I try to not buy dried coconut at the market anymore because I'll end up consuming the whole bag in 1 or 2 days. Usually not in one sitting but you get the point!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    cashews
    dried fruit
    beef jerky
    rice cakes
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    The big bucket of yogurt. If it's open, it's gone, and nobody really needs to eat 1 kg of yogurt in a day, so I just stick to buying the individual serving cups.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Breakfast cereal, nut butters, dried fruit - anything calorie-dense and not too dry (I hate dry food, so nuts and grains, even popcorn kernels stay around longer). I bought a box of Special K the other week for a treat, but managed to scarf it down within 12 hours, even though it made me really sick. I'm awful for eating carby food until my eyes glaze over.
  • Trail mix ...cant stop eating it ugh!
  • Granola!! I love the stuff :smile:
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Lentils and wholemeal flour.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Dried fruit and anything that resembles a cracker. I also try not to keep nuts.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Skinny cow ice cream...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Any kind of "healthy" chips or 100 calorie packs, because I can eat those like no other! Also, jars of natural PB, tubs of ice cream, and natural almond butter. I can literally eat them by the spoonful and before I know it, they're all gone! Lastly, one of my favorites...dark chocolate covered almonds!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Peanut butter has been banished permanently...although I am considering PB2.
  • brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    almonds!! sometimes peanut butter.
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    This may be a funny question. But I have been wanting cereal for a while now. If I keep milk and cereal at my house it's usually gone in two days. I can eat cereal like it's going out of style. I'm talking about the good for you stuff too. Not the sugar loaded stuff. I just wondered if anyone else had something..that seems so innocent like cereal that you just can't have in your kitchen. ??

I am the same way! I tend to overdo it MORE with the healthier cereals (Kashi especially! And Multi-grain cheerios) than the normal ones. I also can't really keep nuts of any kind in the house either, because I can eat them like potato chips. Or, any kind of flavored yogurt. I have to keep plain or vanilla greek yogurt ONLY, otherwise it's gone in 3 days (between me and my husband).
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Mozzarella! All other cheese I can eat in moderation but if I get a mozzarella ball I have to eat it all!
    This is exactly what I'm like...and the reason I try to avoid cooking with mozzarella as I know if there's any left over from the recipe I'll eat the lot.
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    cheese, hummus, greek yogurt, anything rich and creamy

^^me too
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member

Have you tried making your own PB? I have to do this now because of how much I love the stuff, but can never really afford the calories and macros that come with it. Just buy a bag of your favorite peanuts (or any kind of nut, really) and put them in a food processor until it becomes a paste. Super easy, you don't need to add oil or salt or anything, and it comes out to about 120 calories for 2 tbsp, as opposed to Jif, with 190 for 2.

I highly recommend it! I won't ever get store-bought PB again!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member

PB2 is the bomb. True story. :flowerforyou: