Bump.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good read, unfortunately will never sink in for some people. Having an excuse is too convenient.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    hip bump
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this article. thank you a million times!
  • erinblaze86
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to read all of that. A.D.D kicked in about 1/4 the way through. Though I'm sure great points were made. I will remain neutral on this. Since I am not God and do not know all things. I always leave room in my mind for new theories. New discoveries.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    You spent a lot of time on this post.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You spent a lot of time on this post.

Yea copying an article from the link he quoted took soooo long
  • denisel321
    Options
    about a quarter of the way through that i realized it didn't apply to me. because i'm different. :wink:

Funny!!! :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!

I used to think I was different, and society gives you all the excuses, you are older, menopause, etc, and also gives you an over abundance of food and pressure to eat eat eat. It wasn't until I faced the truth, the fact, that I simply got fat because I ate too much (it didn't seem like it and it certainly wasn't lack of exercise). But I'm small and it's easy to think you don't eat too much when you are eating the same amount or less than everyone around you. The problem is you need to eat what is right for YOU, to either lose weight or maintain.

There is no mystery to weight loss, everyone thinks something is wrong, their metabolism is broken, they have low thyroid, they have menopause or whatever issue, they are as unique as a snowflake, whatever. I thought a lot of these things once too but once the doctor helped resolve the health issues for me I learned there is still no magic pill. Most people eat more than they need to and are not at good at estimating calories as they think they are. Most people have a lower BMR than they think they do. The only way to know for sure is to go to a lab and have it tested. It doesn't seem fair to have to eat less and feel a little hunger. It's hard to face the truth of it, very hard. It's not fun. It's drudgery at times. But if you learn to enjoy your smaller amounts of food (necessary to lose weight, since the reason we got fat in the first place was eating too much whether we knew it or not), and rejoice in your victories it can be done.

I freakin love the post from the OP.
  • victoriousnrltm
    Options
    bump
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options
    Everybody IS different. I am in direct contact with top obesity researchers and they went out of their way to tell me this. Lyle mcDonald is UNEDUCATED, MISINFORMED SALESMEN.

His "equation" is ALL WRONG. Human body is NON - EQUILIBRIUM and an OPEN SYSTEM. The equation to apply the conservation of energy law would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more complex than for a closed system in equilibrium. The man has NO IDEA what he talking about;. It would be HELLISHLY complex equation.

My source? OXFORD SCIENTISTS I talked to.
  • lindavf150
    Options
    very interesting stuff... will have to finish reading when I have more time!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is you'll gain weight if you consume more calories than your body needs. You will lose weight if you create a caloric deficit. There are many attributing factors for how many calories your body needs, but using baseline calculations, then tracking EVERYTHING ACCURATELY, you can lose weight.

Simple as that...until research proves it wrong.