For the people who measure their bodies..

Options
I have been working super hard to lose weight and I have lost 30lbs in less than 3 months, but when I got on the scale it showed a 2lb gain. I know that it could be water weight, maybe it's because I am improving on my muscle mass..whatever the reason I don't care lol...I have decided to start measuring my neck, bust ,hips,waist,thighs and calves. My question is how often do you measure yourself? I read somewhere every couple months, every month, every week.... what do you do??

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of weeks if I'm really working at it. Less when I go on maintenance.
  • mystry11
    mystry11 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just measured yesterday so for me im going to do it every 2 weeks good luck too
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of weeks if I'm really working at it. Less when I go on maintenance.
    What exactly is maintenance?
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is when you are not actively trying to drop weight, but not gain it. I do it through holidays, vacations, when work outs are hard to sneak in. And then I will hunker down and start my "diet" again
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When I started at the beginning of the summer I measured every week when I did my weigh in - I saw a lot of changes fast. Now, it's every 2-4 weeks that I measure. It's still coming off, just a little at a time.
  • Meadows_Mommy05
    Options
    I measure once a month
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been at it now for a little over a month(diet and exercise that is). I have measured myself 2x. I have since decided that perhaps the results will be more dramatic if I wait a month to do it. I don't have to measure now til Sept 19th.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've just been doing the measurements on the first of every month and that's it. Some measurements don't change very quickly and there is a margin of error, so I think measuring more often just gives me something else to worry about. If you are starting a new, more intense workout plan, I would say once every week or two would be fine at the beginning, but don't get obsessed about it.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do the first day of the month.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started (18 days in) and I weigh and measure every Sunday.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh every Sunday.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Usually 1x a month
  • miame22
    miame22 Posts: 16
    Options
    I measure myself every month and also do body fat percentage then too. I weight twice a week but only record it once a week (just to see if it's a fluke).
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well GOLLY I've decided to measure myself on the first of every month and weigh in on the scale once a week. I will probably peek in between but not log it.
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Is there a place on this site to log measurements? I've been through so many sites the past week now that I've started my exercise/diet program and I know I've seen it around, just can't recall if it was here or not. THX!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I measure the full gamut once a week, around my belly at the thinnest spot every day.

When I was losing I was losing about 1/8" off the thinnest part of my belly every other day. So about 16 days per inch or roughly two inches a month.

Nowadays it tells me if my gains are fat or muscle.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Is there a place on this site to log measurements? I've been through so many sites the past week now that I've started my exercise/diet program and I know I've seen it around, just can't recall if it was here or not. THX!
    Yes there is. I think the tab is called check in to record weight and some measurements. I know that I have been able to add categories to measure too, probably in one of the setting things, maybe under goals?
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've learned to judge my loss by measurements and not so much the scale. I try to measure once a week or every other week. It also depends on why type of excersise I'm doing. When I did the 30 Day Shred, I took measurements every 10 days. Now I'm doing Insanity and I'm taking measurements every week. It helps me to keep focused, even if I see I'm down 1/2 an inch.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks!