For the people who measure their bodies..

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I measure when I weigh myself-which is once a week. And I've also started taking pictures cause they truely are worth a thousand words
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I measure myself every two weeks.
  • susiebear29
    Options
    every couple of months, I suddenly realised yesterday that I hadn't done it for a while and when I measured I had lost 2 inches from my waist and 2 from my abdomen which is my trouble area!!! definitely more important to me than what the scale says!!! good luck with the rest of your journey and don't be disheartened you are doing GREAT!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    once a month works for me.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I use a fat caliper once a week and starting September 1st, I am weighing myself ONLY the first day of the month to the first day of the next month.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks, on Sunday morning, is when I do it.

In my view, the tape measure is easily the best way to find out if our body recomposition goals are being met. If it's getting bigger in the right places and smaller in the wrong places, it's working. Of course, I acknowledge there may be one exception to that rule, for at least half the population.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I measure when I feel bummed out. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I just go by the feel of my clothes and if that doesn't work, then I measure. If the scale is not friendly I measure.. and typically it's better.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I measure once a month

THIS
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I measure once a week, usually on Saturdays.

I don't have a scale so I drive out to my mom's once every 3-4 weeks to weigh.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My question is how often do you measure yourself? I read somewhere every couple months, every month, every week.... what do you do??

Usually once a month. My measurements really haven't changed that much even though I've lost 70lbs. And it hasn't gotten any bigger either :(
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I measure after each workout program I'm doing is finished.

I measured 2 weeks ago when I re-started Couch to 5K, and I'll measure again once I'm done with it. However, I can tell even without measuring that I'm losing inches, because my pants are all too big.
  • dldnvr
    dldnvr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At MAX once a week. Two weeks better, but I can't do this, I kept finding I had to take a peek.

If you have a scale that uploads like wireless like aria like I do, then you might be able to weigh in a bit different.

I use a free site TrendWeight. I get on the scale every morning, but you might not even want to look (heh), your just recording data.

Like everyone I can weigh 2lb different depending on the time of day.

TrendWeight tracks your weight using stats over time. So all I'm concerned with is the 'Trend'.

It is interesting to look at the 'data'. It seems clear that I seem to hold to the same weight (plus or minus a lbs or two) for usually 7-10 days. Then in a day or two i drop off 2-4 lbs then back to hold.

So If I was 'looking' at the scale every week, it would not be uncommon to find that I have lost no weight or even up a pound. That would be a bit depressing if that was all I was going on. Weight change is really strange. My measurement which I do every two weeks look much more consistant.