Can I wear this dress to a wedding?

Options
ReinasWrath
ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
Not as a bride but as a guest :laugh: I heard chicks aren't supposed to wear white but is this okay since it isn't solid white? I don't really know the rules, it is also above the knee... Don't know it that matters 0_o

http://www.periwing.com/vines-print-mandarin-collar-mini-chinese-dress.html

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's fine.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    No. Not revealing enough.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I actually agree, it's a nice dress!
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think that dress will look great!

And I'm sure it wouldn't make any problems for the bride. :smile:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Its lovely :smile:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Really cute dress, i don't see any problem wearing it to a wedding.
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I've never heard something about the over the knee thing either
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Not as a bride but as a guest :laugh: I heard chicks aren't supposed to wear white but is this okay since it isn't solid white? I don't really know the rules, it is also above the knee... Don't know it that matters 0_o

I was expecting you to post a floor length white bridal style dress and then maybe I would say no don't do that :laugh: but no,seriously it's a nice dress,I don't see a problem at all.
  • MerBear1FL
    Options
    That is fine for a wedding!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    definitely. Wear it.
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    That's totally fine!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Absolutely! It's lovely!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was expecting to see something fluffier and whiter. Yeah, that's fine.
  • mfoutch86
    Options
    I think it looks like a costume, but as far as being appropriate, its on the line. There are so many other colors, just let the bride be the one in white/ivory/ecru. I guess it would be okay if the dress code is casual. Check and see if the bridal party is wearing something similar. I had a friend wear a purple dress to a wedding not knowing the bridemaids were wearing purple also. It made her feel uncomfortable!
  • Threebabymama
    Options
    Ask the Bride. I think it is fine.....but there are some "bridezillas" out there. :)
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    sure! it's super cute!

i think weddings these days are a lot more casual then they used to be about what's "allowed".

I think this dress is was more appropriate then the "little black dress" that a lot of girls wear to weddings (which is apparently a big no-no)
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's cute! But I'd be cautious of the length. I'm only 5'4 and I bought a dress similar to that. When I got it, I tried it on, and it was SOOO short! Those cut-outs on the side look like they go really high. I couldn't wear the one I bought, it was more like a tunic (long shirt). But it is very cute!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Most I think would be okay, but as mentioned, you may have a picky bride....I also wondered at the length.

Edited - maybe it comes in a different colour?
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Really cute dress, i don't see any problem wearing it to a wedding.

Very cute dress!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's cute! But I'd be cautious of the length. I'm only 5'4 and I bought a dress similar to that. When I got it, I tried it on, and it was SOOO short! Those cut-outs on the side look like they go really high. I couldn't wear the one I bought, it was more like a tunic (long shirt). But it is very cute!
    Yes.
    You will want the freedom to socialize without feeling restricted about sitting, walking around, etc.