Can I wear this dress to a wedding?

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Not as a bride but as a guest :laugh: I heard chicks aren't supposed to wear white but is this okay since it isn't solid white? I don't really know the rules, it is also above the knee... Don't know it that matters 0_o

http://www.periwing.com/vines-print-mandarin-collar-mini-chinese-dress.html

Should not be a problem. The only problem would be solid white or wearing the same color as the wedding party.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think it looks like a costume, but as far as being appropriate, its on the line. There are so many other colors, just let the bride be the one in white/ivory/ecru. I guess it would be okay if the dress code is casual. Check and see if the bridal party is wearing something similar. I had a friend wear a purple dress to a wedding not knowing the bridemaids were wearing purple also. It made her feel uncomfortable!
    I totally agree.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's kind of inappropriate. But I guess it depends on the venue.

Don't forget you are going to be sitting most of the time. How short is that thing going to be when you sit down?
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Colour-wise it's fine, it looks silver to me.

But yeah, keep in mind that it's short and you're going to be sitting in it. I personally don't like the dress, there are so many more lively, fun wedding dresses out there!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    very cute..go for it..
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes you can Sweetheart! You are young and pretty--rock it girl!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love it! I don't see a problem with wearing it, unless at a tea ceremony wedding maybe (the bride wears the same style of dress but in red).
    I've always loved these kind of dresses but wondered if I was too white to pull it off :( lol
  • cherham
    cherham Posts: 13
    Options
    I can't see the dress???
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think that dress is adorable! It is completely acceptable for a wedding. Have fun !:drinker:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty dress.
    However, it looks quite short to wear to a wedding.

also, while it's pretty, I'm not sure the coloring of the dress would go well with your complexion. I'd look for something with a gold tone.

**While it doesn't need to go past your knee, it should be relatively close.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That dress is cute and fine to wear to a wedding.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Way cute, not too white in a way that looks like you are trying to upstage the bride...I'd go for it.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I think the black trim saves it from being too white, but overall, it's costum-y and pretty short. If you knew for a fact it would work with the type of wedding your friend was having, then sure -- but that dress is designed to stand out, and you're not the one who's supposed to be standing out at someone else's wedding. Not to say you can't look great; it just shouldn't be a dress that screams "look at me!"
    It's a cute dress, though -- maybe for something else?
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    It's not white, it's silver. Do it!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I think you'd look very cute in it but I think it might be just a touch on the short side for a wedding if you're up and down with seating, photos etc., love the website and thought this one would be perfect! http://www.periwing.com/whisper-flowers-cap-sleeves-mini-dress-01041602.html

:flowerforyou:
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Adorable! :wink:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yes but I wouldn't. You have a really nice rack in your photos and a good shape. That cut of dress is meant to create a woman's shape on a flat chested girl. You would do better to where something with a lower neckline and some structure. Have fun at the wedding!!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yes, appropriate.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How cute.