Hair loss

Options
2»

Replies

• lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When you go to the doctor, have him check your thyroid too. If you thyroid is underactive that can cause your hair to fall out. Not saying that your weight loss isn't part of it as it could very well be. I just know that when I was losing my hair it was how I found out I needed to take a thyroid supplement.
  • IzzyBmydog
    IzzyBmydog Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After being on a popular "frozen meal" in-center program I lost 30 pounds. Shortly after losing weight I began experiencing severe hair shedding especially when I would take a shower. I would gently ring out my hair after shampooing and I would be left with a pony tail of lost hair in my hand. Overall I've lost about 50 % of my overall volume of hair. Hard to deal with especially being a woman and having your hair be your best asset. I've tried Rogaine, Nioxin shampoo, all the vitamins, and have sought the advice of an endocrinologist. My thyroid is fine, everything is fine except my hair. Frustrating for sure. Now using Viscal. We'll see.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Losing more hair than average (which can be 200 hairs a day!) is normally a sign of underlying health problems. So if you are losing a lot I'd see a doctor.
  • jordanleedsuk
    Options
    Hi, you need to askyour GP for bloods doing on your ferratin (iron levels) and thyroid testing. This is the first stage which will allow you to then look at other avenues..
    good luck Sean Baruch