I find it kinda sad...

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• emdiamond39
    emdiamond39 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that my coworker thinks a fried fish sandwich with mayo and processed cheese from McDonalds is a "healthy" option. I didn't want to be mean, but I did offer her other suggestions for lunch.

Reading that first line made me sick! After taking a Nutrition class I started to focus on getting healthy, it really put me in the right mind set about healthy foods. At first it was hard to not stop at Sonic or McDonald's but now after going in depth about what processed foods contain and what it does to your body it's very easy to just drive by!
  • Beee_B
    Beee_B Posts: 24
    Options
    To be fair to your coworker, you could do a lot worse at McDonald's than the 380 calorie Filet-o-Fish!

This! IIFYM x
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    my husband thinks anything homemade qualifies as healthy. lol not true at all.

Oh man, if that was true, Paula Dean wouldn't be diabetic. I hate that her recipes are sooooo bad for you, because they're just sooooo good. :-\ I'm pretty sure 95% of the homemade food I make is horrible for you. I'm trying to work on that though.

7117000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Haha she adds a stick of butter to everything!

The biggest misconception I have come across is that "low fat" or "fat free" means healthy. Usually the full fat option is a better choice because of how much sugar they add to the lower fat versions.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Diet sodas and those box lean cuisine/smart ones/sodium filled crap... but it's only 350 cals.. wow
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Salads - some people think that all salads a good. But throw on the bacaon, cheese, fried chicken, creamy dresing...:huh:

^^^ salads can be evil!!
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    lol fiancee ( I call him hubby lol) thinks that pizza is healthy option because it has all four food groups-meat, dairy, carbs and veggies lol and no its not the canadian bacon on thin crust with very little cheese....its the full options! lol

Mine does too- esepecially if we have the supreme and it has veggies- oh yeah and if it's frozen pizza too, it means it is especially healthy like if it's not from a restaurant, I mean he has the point of all the food groups, I suppose if we made it homemade- but even then it is hard to get it low cal. as well....maybe all veggie- although he would never go for that then!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Not to be contrary, but I eat Mcdonalds every now and then. Minus the mayo, that classic grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad is GRRRRREAT! The chicken Caesar salad is good too :-)
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    There are so many diets out there that are too restrictive and not things you can live with. I know, I've tried most of them! MFP seems to be the best, life-long program I've found.

I agree - my mom reads this magazine that comes every week and every week there's at least a 3pg spread on the diet of the week - for 4 years I've looked at the majority of these and have never ever seen the same diet twice

I think thats what I like about MFP - it's not a diet which is good because every diet will fail - it's a change in thinking and lifestyle - that can only succeed.