the pull-out method.
    I FCKIN LOVE YOU!

I second this notion!
  • Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    IUD - non hormonal

i ****ing love it

Paraguard to be specific, like many ladies here apparently :laugh: it's been awesome, my first period off hormones was like the damn civil war though mamoru2.gif
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    Nuvaring saved me. I had awful periods before. Horrible cramping and throwing up. Literally took 1-2 days of my month away from me. Now, nothing. No mood swings, no cravings. Just normal me all the time. Did it cause me to gain weight? No. Eating too much and not moving enough did that.
  • Scoobydoo1180
    Scoobydoo1180 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Trivora 28s - pill for about 8 yrs, maybe a pound of two gain but only when I first started taking it. I would say no side effects.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have Mirena and I LOVE IT. Its my best friend. If I could hug it I would. No side effects, no periods, and NO BABIES!

Every other birth control I have been on was a nightmare....
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I've been on nuvaring for a long while, and I do like it - have had no trouble reaching goals while on it. I do get a lot of breakthrough bleeding though, and it's on the expensive side. I plan on talking to my doctor about the Paraguard using my next checkup though.
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nuva-ring. look into it.

and since I aint gunna be no baby-daddy...... VCF on top of that. lol.

I used Nuvaring before I got my Mirena and liked it a lot. The only reason I switched is because my new insurance wouldn't cover it.

This is why I love the NHS!
  • LAWSBIGGAL
    Options
    I'm on Ortho Tri Cylcen. Honestly, I've been considering changing mine as well but not only do I worry about the weight-gain, but also acne issues. I struggle with acne already, even though Ortho is supposedly one that HELPS...hmmm...

My neighbor is on the shot and she claims she has gained weight. I see her almost daily, so I hadn't noticed.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    vasectomy
  • LAWSBIGGAL
    Options
    the pull-out method.
    I FCKIN LOVE YOU!

I second this notion!

I used this method for years when I was married. Never used birth control ever until we split. I need a steady man again so I can use that again! hahaha
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know you don't want an implant, but I have Implanon and I loveee it! It works GREAT, and haven't had any side effects.

I am on this...

I now constantly bleed lightly. My BF who asked if I would get this form of birth control used to hate "period sex." now he deals with it because it is all that he is going to get... I am hoping the bleeding stops, I have been on it for 6 months.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've been looking for some sort of BC solution myself; always used rubbers.

The boy keeps whining about them, and I've never, EVER let any boyjuice in me. But because I've gotten adventurous, I'm starting to be a little less militant about it...but I'm very skeptical about the total effectiveness of it.

1. Endometriosis runs in my family.
    2. My TOM is usually VERY short (we're talking 3.5 days).
    3. I kept hearing things about a higher risk of heart disease in families that have a high risk to begin with (or my mom kept feeding me a line all these years to scare me away from the pill.)

I really don't want to even have a hint of getting pregnant, and I will not abstain. The mommy urge has not hit me, and I don't think it ever will. I'm perfectly happy being an aunt.

So anyway, I'm really considering the pill. I am not worried about the weight gain side effect; that is something I know I can keep under control.
  • Scoobydoo1180
    Scoobydoo1180 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nuvaring saved me. I had awful periods before. Horrible cramping and throwing up. Literally took 1-2 days of my month away from me. Now, nothing. No mood swings, no cravings. Just normal me all the time. Did it cause me to gain weight? No. Eating too much and not moving enough did that.

Yes, I agree. I think many women blame the pill and not lack of exercise / poor diet for a large amount of weight gained. I am on the pill myself as well as most of my friends. I would say we gained anywhere from 1 -3 lbs max. I have heard though the depo shots are a bit tough. I have seen a few girls I know really put on quite a bit of weight (10 lbs maybe) in a matter of a few weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I got married....!
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    Not having sex.

100% effective.

:(
    Involuntary abstinence. ;___;

Your term *almost* makes it sound okay.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm on low-loestrin and have been on the pill for longer than you. I don't think its really responsible for any weight gain and compared to a pregancy weight gain (and a resulting 18+ years of having a kid, I'd take my chances with the pills.

Personally I have no major side effects though, so I'm staying on that sucker forever if I can!
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I'll be the odd ball and say Mirena did not work for me at all. I had to have it removed about two weeks after it was inserted because of headaches and horrendous bleeding. Turned out the headaches were from my normally low blood pressure skyrocketing from the hormones. Right now we are back to condoms and will probably tough it out until DH gets a vasectomy next spring. I have a prescription for Seasonique (only get your period 4 times a year) which I took for many years before we started trying to conceive but I'm hesitant to get back on hormonal birth control after my horrible experience with Mirena.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Essure. In office procedure that is permanent. If you are done having kids, (which I take it you must be since you say that you'd like hubby to have a vasectomy). Like vasectomy you will have to use an alternate for a few months, but after that free sailing.