What birth control are you using?

Options
Hello ladies,
I have been on birth control for about 17 years. I have heard it can make you gain weight. I recently gotten off of the pill and am looking to try something different. I really do not want to do an IUD or implant. Can you tell me what works for you and side effects? (would really like the hubby to do the snip snip... but I don't think its going to happen:blushing: )

Replies

• Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know you don't want an implant, but I have Implanon and I loveee it! It works GREAT, and haven't had any side effects.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Nuva-ring. look into it.

and since I aint gunna be no baby-daddy...... VCF on top of that. lol.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    An ugly girlfriend works for me ;-)

Side effects are callouses on my right hand

^^ HAHA yes!

We use good ol' rubbers because I cannot take the pill because of medical reasons. I did however take the pill before I knew I had a blood condition and it made me gain 10lbs of water-weight and I was borderline suicidal on them.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    None. I've been crossing my fingers for 18 years.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options

^^ HAHA yes!

We use good ol' rubbers because I cannot take the pill because of medical reasons. I did however take the pill before I knew I had a blood condition and it made me gain 10lbs of water-weight and I was borderline suicidal on them.

My daughter also has a blood condition and will not use birth control
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Nuva-ring. look into it.

and since I aint gunna be no baby-daddy...... VCF on top of that. lol.

I used Nuvaring before I got my Mirena and liked it a lot. The only reason I switched is because my new insurance wouldn't cover it.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I also have Implanon and I love it!!! Its pretty pricey, but it lasts for 3 years. Your arm is sore for about 5-7 days after (at least mine was) but its so great not to have to worry... also I don't have a period with it... I've had some irregular bleeding lately but that was fixed with a week of low dose estrogen (most progesterin only birth controls can cause this problem as well.)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i use generic ortho tri cyclen

honestly it causing you to gain weight is somewhat of a myth. It can cause a bit of water retention but you can counter that and it can be an appetite stimulant. little bit of will power and you will not gain on BC I have not and I just started it -- I actually just lost
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Tubal ligation. Minimal recovery and permanent.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nuvaring and I L.O.V.E. it!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD. No hormones. No weight gain. No side effects. Last for 10 years. Insurance covered 100%.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I had the essure procedure... look it up ~ I recommend it all day long, its final, and my sister and my friends have fallen suit. Its permanent, and I never had to think or wonder or pray anymore ~ ever again. Hahahaha
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Separate bedrooms and self control
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Emasculation. I crush bcp into his oatmeal. His voice gets a little high, but otherwise, we're happy. Just don't tell him.
  • Rickswife2010
    Options

:laugh:
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really liked Nuvaring when I was on it. It made me feel more like myself than the pill did. I had no side effects. The only thing I didn't like was it slipped out a couple times during sex. I stopped using it so we can get pregnant.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Im on Depo Provera . been on it for 6 years with no ill effects at all!
  • ymvestal
    ymvestal Posts: 84
    Options
    Hysterectomy...best thing I ever did...no side effects! :happy:
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My left hand...
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    LEVONORGESTREL/ETHINYL ESTRADIOL, also known as Microgynon 30.

It's the standard prescribed birth control in my country and the one with least side effects.

I don't have any problems with it.