Belly dancing?

Options
Okay so I fancied something a bit different and have always wanted to belly dance, so I bought a belly dancing for beginners dvd.

Does anyone do belly dancing or ever tried one of the dvds? is it easy?!?! lol

Replies

• sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have two Belly dancing dvd, I got the love potion belly dance workout dvd, It is awesome it has many many tutorials, then a real time practice, then it does the workout with or without instructions. It is very very awesome. I love dancing and caught on quickly, My abs hurt- I got the dvds due to a gym having belly dance classes that make the participants look great, even the ones overweight have nice midsections. I can see why. I have been doing belly dancing and zumba abs almost daily to reduce my midsection, it has only been over a week and i can see differences, but its just a part of my routine. Its fun, its not easy, but the fun is learning and trying to get it. The other dvd is Belly Dance Workout by Rania, it is Hard, and easy- it has different levels and does show you how to do it, it has a fast and toning sections. They are both great dvds.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ohh thats cool! I can't remember what the dvd was that I bought (it should arrive next week) But I thought it would be a good idea to learn something fun to exercise with, I'm doing the 30 day shred and its killing me because I don't find it fun at all!! lol

I've always wanted to try belly dancing!! and I don't have any coordination for any dance workouts!! I've never tried Zumba what is it like?
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have the Goddess belly dancing workouts. One is old and on VHS.lol. that one was for beginners. The 2nd one I have is intermediate level and on DVD. I think both of them are older versions of the series (obviously the VHS is.lol)I love bellydancing its alot of fun and a great full body workout. abs, arms, and legs, lots of stretching too. I think you'll love it as well :smile:
  • sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Omg, you have to try Zumba! Just YouTube it and do one song you might be hooked for life. It's so fun, not like working out, I get bored easy. So I have to mix it up,
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My wife was a bellydancer for years (hasn't done it in a couple years though). She didn't get into it for the fitness aspect, but it definitely toned her body nicely!
  • christinafadia
    Options
    bump
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Are there any belly dancing things online that you would recommend? I can't find any )':
  • Stefanny91
    Options
    Omg, you have to try Zumba! Just YouTube it and do one song you might be hooked for life. It's so fun, not like working out, I get bored easy. So I have to mix it up,

literally just did that and loved it. Couldnt do it very well but it had me laughing!!
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    I always wanted to try too! Any pointers in the right direction would be great. Thank you for posting this topic <3
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stefanny91
    Options
    I always wanted to try too! Any pointers in the right direction would be great. Thank you for posting this topic <3

I wanted to try it last year so I youtubed some of the moves its quite fun, I'll let you know how the DVD goes when it arrives! x
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of bellydance DVDs and have taken a class with Nath Keo. Its fantastic and fun. For beginners, I would suggest anything from the Bellydance Superstars. Just make sure its an instructional DVD and not one of their performances. They really break it down well and show you what muscles you should be working. Please avoid anything from the Bellytwins or the Goddess Workouts. They teach bad form and you could get hurt.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore belly dancing! Its a great stress reliever and gets you connected to your body. You tone all over and burn some calories at the same time and! You feel hot as hell! :D I've never tried the DVD's. Good luck in your search!
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I recommmend getting one of those belly dancing scarves you wear around your waist with the little coin looking things that hang. They really do help you move and feel how to move to make the proper noises with the waist scarf. it sounds silly but they help with your movement immensely. They are only like $20
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they made dvds for this. Now I'm going to try
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I love belly dancing. It burns looooooads of cals :o)

I used to go to rock/metal music belly dancing classes but they've finished now :o(
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try it last year so I youtubed some of the moves its quite fun, I'll let you know how the DVD goes when it arrives! x

Which one did you order? Defo let us know how it goes.

I am quite interested in this =] I do Zumba and love love LOVE IT!!
  • Stefanny91
    Options
    I have a lot of bellydance DVDs and have taken a class with Nath Keo. Its fantastic and fun. For beginners, I would suggest anything from the Bellydance Superstars. Just make sure its an instructional DVD and not one of their performances. They really break it down well and show you what muscles you should be working. Please avoid anything from the Bellytwins or the Goddess Workouts. They teach bad form and you could get hurt.

Oh god knowing me that exactly what I have done!! lol I'll have to look on my amazon account now to check ;)
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 10+ years of belly dancing under my coin belt. It's loads of fun. As for DVDs I would reccommend Sahira or Fat Chance Belly Dance.