FIT BIT ULTRA

Options
Hey gang, my wife and I just purchased today and started using fit bit ultra's. I linked to my MFP account. Anyone have any feedback on how they work for them?

Replies

• jlpostill
    jlpostill Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using ours since April and we have been loving them. Sometimes we 'fight' over who will run upstairs/downstairs to get this or that so we can get more steps in. I will park farther from the grocery store and take stairs. I love getting rewarded with extra calories still. It has been very accurate so far in our experience. The other thing that I've started to realize is that exercising doesn't have to be super intense or at the gym. I can increase my activity simply by changing my normal daily routine a little bit here and there.
  • vcferlita
    Options
    I've been debating on whether or not to get one. It's kind of expensive.
  • MrsHineman
    MrsHineman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday! I'm loving it so far!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday too.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had one and really liked it but about 3 months after getting it I ran it through the wash and it was no more. And I remember when I got it there were all these warnings about not putting it in the wash and I thought "Who would be stupid enough to do that?" But after a while you get so used to it being on you that you kind of forget about it and in it went.

Not wanting to spend another $100+ I instead downloaded an app (Accupedo) on my android phone that would track motion and steps. It is not as full featured as the fitbit and of course only works when you carry your phone but for free I thought it was a good replacement.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love mine!
  • cscovel
    cscovel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love mine!
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love mine!!! A friend of mine and I always challenge each other on who can do more!!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Love it so much!!! It has made estimating calorie needs/burn so much easier :smile:
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Been using one since June and I love it!!!
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had one and really liked it but about 3 months after getting it I ran it through the wash and it was no more. And I remember when I got it there were all these warnings about not putting it in the wash and I thought "Who would be stupid enough to do that?" But after a while you get so used to it being on you that you kind of forget about it and in it went.

Not wanting to spend another $100+ I instead downloaded an app (Accupedo) on my android phone that would track motion and steps. It is not as full featured as the fitbit and of course only works when you carry your phone but for free I thought it was a good replacement.

Email the customer support team - i have seen where they have replaced them for free with washing and lost fitbits.

I LOVE mine - had it 3 years and recently they replaced mine (at no charge) after about 2.5 years and the case cracked.
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    love mine! I don't ever want to be without mine. I did invest in a cheap heart rate monitor to measure other kinds of non-step exercise, but it will adjust your exercise calories in MFP depending on how much you walk.

And to the person above me - YES their support is amazing. they replaced mine after it stopped syncing for a few days, no questions asked. I didn't even have to send the broken one back.
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options

How does that work if my phone is living in my purse? I've owned pedometers in the past and they go in the pocket or on the belt. Is the application accurate?
  • msmindylee
    Options
    I love mine to pieces - literally, the first one fell out of my jeans pocket at my mailbox and got run over. I got another one on Ebay for a little less $$. Fitbit then sent me a "replacement" for free and I gave it to my hubby. :happy:
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have to admit it was expensive but I do love it, use it every day alongside my HRM - they keep me motivated to move more!!
  • mrscroutons
    Options
    I loved mine, until I dropped it in the parking lot at work. When I went back to look for it, someone ran it over with their car. I'd buy another one, but I think I just have bad luck with technology in general.

I recommend making sure it is attached securely at all times.

Have fun! It definitely made me more active.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

How does that work if my phone is living in my purse? I've owned pedometers in the past and they go in the pocket or on the belt. Is the application accurate?

It is really accurate and more sensitive than a pedometer
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine day and night since early March! I just need to be better at getting 10,000 steps a day! Hope you like yours!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

There's a guy who got his wet 3 times from being in the shower. Someone finally asked how and the guy said he wore it on a chain. :laugh: Anyway, talk to customer service about getting a replacement. I've heard they're very good about that.

I love my Fitbit. It's the best weight loss investment my husband's made for me. I like seeing how much I burn with something that's with me all the time instead of relying on online calculators and guessing at what my activity level is. I do annoy my husband when I decide to pace around the house for steps or go up and down the stairs.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with it. It sync's with MFP and with the workout challenge website we use at work. It seems pretty accurate and it's small and unobtrusive. I wrote up a big review awhile back for my MFP friends. If anyone wants to see it, I'm happy to send it along if you message me your email.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!