FIT BIT ULTRA

Options

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Takes a bit of co-ordination and set up (make sure your time zones are set right in both MFP and FB) and also LOG IN ONLY ONE PLACE!!!

I log my food and exercise in there and use the stopwatch function and cals calculated in FB for any extra walking about/outside activities I do.

I think it's great!
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have used mine for a couple of months and have found it easy to use. If you do a lot of driving it is a pain logging the driving on the fitbit site. This removes false steps and stairs climbed. (There is a phone app which makes this easier as you can do it there and then)
    One downside that I have yet to sort out is if I drive a long way and it awards false badges for stairs or steps, when I correct by logging driving it will not take the badge away

Here is how I use it. I log driving on the fitbit site, sorting false info. If I use my HRM I log this with a start time on MFP, this will override whatever the fitbit says and not double count.S you can use a HRM and still have the fitbit on you. The link between the 2 sites is great it seems to work seamlessly for food and exercise.

It does mean that if I have an active day then the fitbit will give me credit for it and give me an adjustment, giving a few more cal in mfp to eat! Yeah!!

These adjustments have caught me out occasionally in that if you are very active in the morning and then very still in the afternoon, it can give you a big adjustment to start with then slowly reduce it as the day goes on. If it does not sync very often you can end up with a bit of a shock with disappearing calories.

On the whole I think it is brilliant and would recommend. Yes the price tag is high, but I still love mine. It is silly, but you do do more when you have the fitbit in your pocket.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Love mine :)
  • ebusinessbuilder
    Options
    I'm lovin the integration MFP/fitbit. It probably is not 100% accurate, but 1000% more accurate then me trying to guess my calorie burn 24x7. Highly recommend others keep fitbit on 24x7 and be more informed using YOUR DATA for achieving your goals.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for almost a year but had to take a break from using it due to a recent back surgery. I am finding that using it again is amazing. I have lost 10 lbs since my last time using it and now I find it even better motivation as well as accountability to myself for logging food, activities and exercise. :) It is helping me keep myself moving when I don't want to. The only thing I am finding hard is to remember to log the sleep but it does help me see what is happening as well as learning to relax more in the evening so that I can get a better sleep. I am thinking I may get one for the hubby so that he can do this with me. LOL!!!!! I think he would find more motivation for himself if he has to LOG everything.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love mine - had it about a month now and I find so often that where I would jump in the car - I walk now and find myself just generally being far more active as I just have to make sure I get my 100% on all the different targets.
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine has one and lost it but FitBit replaced it for no charge!
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps motivate me. I will do extra walking or stairs just to get the numbers up. Customer service replaced the one that my husband lost for free without any hassle.

I have just recently figured out that if you set the stopwatch when you start your exercise (such as walking or running), it will give you a breakdown of how many calories that you burned, miles traveled, etc. during that workout. So much easier than trying to read the count for every 5 minutes and add them up!

Have had mine for nearly 30 days. LOVE IT!!!!!

Nearly always make all my goals every day but sometimes I am running around the house and up and down the stairs before going to bed just so I do. :)

Did not know about the timer for calculating calories burnt. Thanks! :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've been debating on whether or not to get one. It's kind of expensive.

I got mine on eBay for a lot less. Worth it!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I have used mine for a couple of months and have found it easy to use. If you do a lot of driving it is a pain logging the driving on the fitbit site. This removes false steps and stairs climbed. (There is a phone app which makes this easier as you can do it there and then)
    One downside that I have yet to sort out is if I drive a long way and it awards false badges for stairs or steps, when I correct by logging driving it will not take the badge away
    I've had the same issues as hookandy with regards to driving, and reached the same solution (log it to remove the extra steps and floors). I'm hoping Fitbit will eventually find a way to tweak the firmware so it will disregard any activity above, say, 15 mph.

Aside from that minor inconvenience, I find the Fitbit to be useful in motivating me to move more. NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis - calories burned outside of "formal" exercise) can add up substantially, so anything that reminds you to get up off your butt and move more throughout the day is a good thing. I use a HRM during cardio exercise, but wear the Fitbit throughout the day to pick everything else up.

And I'll strongly agree with their customer service being outstanding. Mine recently quit working after being submerged in water (completely my own fault). I e-mailed Fitbit customer support and they were prompt to respond and very helpful about replacing it immediately.
  • hanscamp
    hanscamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is sooooo awesome.... It does all of the work for you and it makes you want to do better every day
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    It's f'in awesome, I am a lazy logger and e always given up tracking food and exercise, between MFP and my Fitbit I am easily able to keep track of calories in vs calories used.
    It has issues with ellipticals and spin bikes, to counter this wear the Fitbit on your sock when doing these exercises, I logged my fitbit along with my HRM and bike computer readings and they were almost identical.
  • tleighs
    tleighs Posts: 16
    Options
    Got mine on eBay, brand new in box for $40, including shipping.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what the difference is between this and a regular pedometer??

Also which would you prefer between an HRM, Body Bugg AND the fitbit ultra??

• CatoftheCanals_
    Options
    I love the fitbit because it is so sensitive! It also tracks sleep, which is pretty accurate, and cool to see!

I really like the motivational messages as well... cheesy, but awesome!

My fitbit is 1 week old today, and I feel like I am doing so much more because of it!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Go to fitbit.com and all your questions will be answered.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I Love Mine, don't go anywhere without it!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I got mine less than a month ago, and have dropped 8# since getting it (after plateauing or losing very slowly for months). It really encourages me to be more active, but it also makes a huge difference to me to really know what I'm burning (ergo how much I should be eating), instead of just guessing based on formulas.
  • ccwolters
    Options
    What phone app are you talking about that will remove false steps recorded while driving? Also, how do you log steps as driving and not steps?
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    I never thought I could ever become attached to a device, but my Fitbit is attached at the hip all the time. I shoot for 10K steps or higher each day and its daily calorie burn is on par with my MFP goals, so I can gauge whether I need to step up my activity during the day, simply by checking out the calorie burn level. I once lost mine and went a whole 16 hours before getting a new one at Best Buy because it just wasn't the same without it. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!