100+ 2 Lose!

Options

Replies

• CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @knegrete1...I did not have surgery, but I staarted jogging in Jan. this year and was getting upset @round spring break when I was not losing the wt. I should have, the experienced, in shape runners, told mi I had to switch it up meaning don't jog everyday and incorporte weight/resistence trainging....So I try to do gravity class, a resistence weight training class with your own body weight were you can lay/sit on a board and switch up my jogging/walking routes from hills, to flat to somewhere new, I have ADHAD, so I get bored quick...I have yet to try P90X, but I overhear it weather commericals or VERY inshape ppl. say muscle confusion...so if you walk FWD one day walk backward or sideways the next day some to help tone slim the but and hips...Im no personal trainer, but just from where I've bee todate and what I have learned from experienced in shape ppl, i hope this helps...I find joining a support group helps too....I started with curves, but got bored then found a running group who always joggers and walkers and get high from all the positveness in the group and I may be the slowest one todate, but we all look out and support one another. Positve vibes your way chica....
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @yukonmomof4...It is hard to do it alone and when I first started jogging in Jan...I would only do it late at night or b/f the Sun came up b/c I was too self consious of how mi neighbors/ppl would see mi as a FAT chick who was trying to jog, now I finally said..."You know what I'm my BIGGEST MONSTER, so I need to raise the rent, and get this negativeness out"....Support groups do help...I moved from up north to ALABAMA and knew no one, but finally I joined a group for my Son, so he can play with kids like him, and a running group who has walkers and joggers and support and meet up...Most of this runners, joggers and walkers are VERY slim maybe 140pds at most but they welcomed this 250pd chica in and help me in hopes of getting my form and mile times down, along with the weight lose...the internet is great search what kind of groups like MFP that would be BEST for you...Postive vibes your way chica...Muahs
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My biggest weight was 220 pounds.... I'm 139 now... and trying to loose the last 10 or 15 pounds... I am the LAZIEST person EVER so I honestly think you can do this.... I am always looking for support and looking to get support. Feel free to add me. We can do this lady!!!!!!
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @tessex...your not alone...there are alot of us in the same boat. May 2013 goal is AWESOME chica...I like how this program on here sits you at 2pds a week...thats 8pds a month 96 a year...I see you have 2grown and 2 almost past 10 well you took good care of them, now its time to do you, so you can take care of grandkids...Sending positives weight loss dust your way chica...Muahs
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @nessae916...Woo HOO <3 the Go-Getting ATITUDE....That is the Spirit! #Team weight loss here we GO!:smooched:

nessae916
  • catwoman_40
    Options
    I'm new here :) I have 100 to lose it. Anyone that wants to add me can :) I need support friends!!
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @purelybecky....I was 265 when I started Jogging and started this last friday @250...weighed in today at just under 243...I'm hyper active hard to sit still...LOL! So thats a plus for mi, but I am an over/emotional eater...I could pop 3-6 Jr.BCB and a whole batch of cookies like nothing...so I started doing this b/c a Ma I meant in a support group asked mi, and I'm so glad she did...I see you have graves disease and new twins and thyroid pills...Im not a fan of pop that or take this, b/c I fill Pharm. Co. & Drs. just look at pts. as a #..NOT all, but that is my personal belief, but I want to stay positive here and say you can do this the Holistic way and diet and exercise, however you may need the meds to get from "A-B"....I know blood type Os usually have low thyroid hormones, esp. if you don't eat fish....I'm O and hate fish Im all about the red meat, So I started taking fish oil supps and superB complex vits/supps...esp. when I have a bad all carb/take-out drive thru day...However I'm slowly learning that veggies full ya up and are next to nothing in cals...so I have so much to learn about fueling mi body for success...Positive vibes and weight loss dust your way chica. Muahs:flowerforyou:
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @alicia0416....139! that is Freak'N AWESOME CHICA! I don't even think I was that small in Jr. High...LOL! I know what ya mean by lazy...I LOVE to workout, but lazy on watching what goes in mi mouth, but I am cheering you on, on those last 5-10pds, b/c I hope to be were you are one day...Congrats on the 80+ lost chica...Positive vibes and weightloss dust your way...Muahs:flowerforyou:
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    @catwoman_40...>>>Another Catwoman Fan here too....I get tired of going to the Comic Conventions as "Plus Size Kitty" for once I would just like to be Catwoman fan...LOL! I'm here sending Positive vibes and weight lost dust your way...Muahs:flowerforyou:
  • OneFatDad
    Options
    I'm in the 100+ club, 135 to go. I got down to the point a year or 2 ago when I only needed to lose 35.. and I dropped that ball pretty good. So, back up to 135 I go.. this time with MFP and my blog/youtube channel to help motivate me and hopefully others.

Let's do this folks!

- OFD
  • bran26ju
    bran26ju Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 to. Loose add me as a friend. We can do this. :heart:
  • jubiejulie
    jubiejulie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So nice to see so much positive encouragement! In a perfect world I'd be in the 100+ club, but I'm starting with baby steps. Overall, I'd love to lose 75lbs, but the eye (and mouth) tend to do too much wandering. :( Boo.

Hopefully we can all do this together!

Ps. Ppl are welcome to add me. I'll be more than happy to give daily encouragement!
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Jess, We should start a group!!!!!!!! We are all positive and supportive of eachother!!!!!!! Yup thats what I think we should do lol
  • grace343
    grace343 Posts: 10
    Options
    I experience Chronic Fatigue and Depression... Any ideas to motivate me beyond these feelings!
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started this journey after having my sixth baby and weigh in a whopping 320lbs :( I have currently been here for 13 months straight and do not plan on going anywhere. My ticker is set for a lose to 200lbs. To be considered "Healthy" weight I need to lose more than that, but I thought 200lbs was a good goal to start with. The smallest I have been in my adult life is 225lbs and that was almost 11 years ago.

I am from Indiana :) and would love to have you as a friend! Just add me if ya want! Nice to meet you and read your post!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I have lost 100+ and am re losing the last 30. Add me, add me!
  • uhlyssuhrocks
    uhlyssuhrocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 23 and I am looking to lose about 150+. We can do this :]
  • jackskelton12
    jackskelton12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 175. my body is starting to feel the extra pounds. I have had 4 knee replacements and now I am in a sling from rotor cuff sugery. I will have gastic bypass this oct 2012 but will need to lose 31 lbs before I have it.
  • tnick_2
    tnick_2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ..New here as well . Just joined on Thursday. I also have over 100lbs to lose. Its had and frustrating but I will do it.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards my goal of losing 100 lbs, 11 lbs down! Feel free to add! :)