Weight gain during the day?

Options
Okay not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me but I just kindof want to know.. When you weigh yourself in the morning and then weigh yourself at night before bed do you have a difference? and if so how much usually? Mine is usually like 2-3lbs.. I know it is all food and water from the day but I am just wondering if that is okay or not :)

Replies

• mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Yes its totally normal
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Pick one time/day to weigh yourself and stick to that. Don't drive yourself nuts.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Pick one time/day to weigh yourself and stick to that. Don't drive yourself nuts.

^^^ This. I've seen a change of as much as five pounds.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh it dont drive me nuts.. But I like to stay within the 3lbs range at most so I actually weigh myself through the day.. I assume it would be easier to just weigh the food but to be honest I didnt think of that till now hahaha
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i weigh in the morning and right before bed too and my weight can flucuate as high as 5 lbs.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yes its totally normal

You should be 2 pounds heavier at night, more than that you are retaining water and can look back a couple days at your food diary to see what is causing the water weight.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I can be up 5 pounds by the end of the day and then drop 6 easy over night.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You're putting food and liquid into your body through the day, versus weighing first thing in the morning when you are more or less in a fasted state.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Try weighing a glass of water if you can. It makes up a surprising amount of the weight difference over the course of the day.

I see anywhere from 1-6 lbs gain over the course of the day. More on a carb spike/refeed day, less on the average day.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking your recommended 8 cups of water a day, that’s 8 X 8 oz or 64 oz, or about 8 pounds. Now, depending how hot your environment is will determine how much you sweat out without doing anything. If you exercise, you will sweat out more. If you take in sodium, you will retain water. Then you gotta figure how much you pee out every day.
    That’s why I weight once in the morning, butt naked, after a pee.
    We won’t get into food and poop.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When you are eating and drink .. the physical weight of that food and water adds to your body weight because well ... its in your body/.....
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Oh it dont drive me nuts.. But I like to stay within the 3lbs range at most so I actually weigh myself through the day.. I assume it would be easier to just weigh the food but to be honest I didnt think of that till now hahaha

itot just food, but water, poop, pee.. its all kinds of things. You weigh less in the morning because thats when you are the most dehydrated. Of COURSE you are going to weigh more at the end of the day.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well of course you gonna see the different between morning weigh in then night weigh in. due to the fact that in the morning you had nothing to eat during your sleep hours so your body is running still but not like it is during the day.

so when you do your business before weighing in you are lighter. cause you still yet havent eaten.

now, weighing yourself at night, before bed. is different. you had probably finished eating about 2-3 hrs ago. but your body still running through the process to do what it has to do. so you weigh, a little more.

thats just normal.
    you still have something in your system before you go to sleep. then when you do when you wake up. :3
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my weight in the evening is often more than my weight in the morning. i assume this is due to hydration / food.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    4-5 pounds from morning to night
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is very normal I usually am about 3lbs large at night. So I weigh myself in the mornings right after I wake up. I go to the bathroom and weigh myself. I do it both with clothing(night clothing) and then just under clothes clothes. I am usually 1-2lbs different with clothing and without clothing. So try to weight yourself at the same time everyday in the same spot.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's always a 2 lb difference for me.
  • christinafadia
    Options
    If you are drinking your recommended 8 cups of water a day, that’s 8 X 8 oz or 64 oz, or about 8 pounds. Now, depending how hot your environment is will determine how much you sweat out without doing anything. If you exercise, you will sweat out more. If you take in sodium, you will retain water. Then you gotta figure how much you pee out every day.
    That’s why I weight once in the morning, butt naked, after a pee.
    We won’t get into food and poop.

64 oz. is 4 pounds.... not 8