What movies make you cry?

Options

Replies

• BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The Passion of the Christ

Am I the only one who BAWLED THEIR EYES OUT?

I was so upset that I went to a bar afterwards and got drunk and I very seldom drink.

lol Its funny that you got drunk after watching a movie about Christ.... But that movie is pretty crazy!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The Fox and the Hound.
    Lion King
    The Notebook
    The Blind Side
    Pursuit of Happiness

every other movie made, I'm a crybaby. :sad:
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Probably every movie that I've ever seen... they all have that on kind of touching part that I swear I won't cry about... and then I do. -.- but the ones I cry the most about are The Notebook, The Titanic, and Forrest Gump, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any sad/sentimental film makes me cry :/

The Green Mile :sad:
    My Sister's Keeper :sad:
    Up :sad:
    Saving Private Ryan :sad:
    Beaches :sad:
    Titanic :sad:

I daren't watch Marley and Me or Bambi!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I was so upset that I went to a bar afterwards and got drunk and I very seldom drink.

NOT AT ALL! I was watching it screaming "WHY?!? HE WAS HELPING YOU PEOPLE!!!"

Also The.....Benjamin Button....when he gasped and closed his eyes....oh my I'm crying again :sad:
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Oh, lord.......Steel Magnolias.....I'm a human waterpark when I watch that. Love that movie!!!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every movie ever made unless it's just totally over the top action adventure testosterone laden film.

Disney kills me.

Thank you! And that fire pit scene in Toy Story 3 was NOT necessary! It was already depressing! I even waved at Andy in the end......you know what this movie just made me mad.
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Apollo 13.. lol, it was an awesome feat of human ingenuity and teamwork..
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any sad/sentimental film makes me cry :/

The Green Mile :sad:
    My Sister's Keeper :sad:
    Up :sad:
    Saving Private Ryan :sad:
    Beaches :sad:
    Titanic :sad:

I daren't watch Marley and Me or Bambi!

I actually have Bambi recorded on my DVR and have yet to watch it because I know I need to set aside crying time for that one!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Everything, nearly.

I ugly-cry during La Vie En Rose. It's my all-time favourite movie and it's just so tragic and beautiful and I can't even watch it around other people unless it's completely dark and I have a blanket to shove against my face to muffle my sobs. It's messy.

Even movies that aren't sad get me. If there is a particularly touching part, the waterworks begin. How to Train Your Dragon, for instance. The moment when Hiccup and Toothless are getting to know each other and that music is playing and then Hiccup holds out his hand and Toothless nudges him, MY HEART. MY. HEART.

The last Harry Potter movie gets me pretty bad, too. Not only is it sad (The Prince's Tale, SWEET BABY JESUS), it's the whole ~end of an era~ thing that gets to me, too.

So, yeah, unless it's a dumb-comedy or an action movie (which I probably wouldn't be watching anyways), chances are, I will cry.

I also tend to get all ugly-crying when I watch RENT, too. Even though the movie is arguably nowhere near as good as the stage version, it means SO MUCH to me, so I just get all Niagra Falls.

And even though it's not a movie, the musical Next to Normal gets to me like crazy. It's just so incredibly emotional. I cry like, three times in the first act ('He's Not Here' and 'I Dreamed a Dance', OH MY GOD) and then basically THE ENTIRE second act. When I saw it live, any time there was a silent moment, all you could hear was the sniffling from everyone in the audience.
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    Million Dollar Baby
    I Am Sam
    The Cure
    My Sister's Keeper
    Gladiator

Edited to add: A.I. Artificial Intelligence
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Pride & Prejudice - I have no idea why but it gets me every time. But it has to be the version with Colin Firth, otherwise I can't sit through more than 10 minutes of it.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options

lol Its funny that you got drunk after watching a movie about Christ.... But that movie is pretty crazy!!

Yeah, it is a bit. But I'm an athiest. So yeah. lol.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Dances w/ Wolves
    Steel Mag
    Mask-w/ Cher
    The Color Purple
    Gorrilas in the Mist
    Fried Green Tomatoes! ...when i thought she died in the nursing home!!:sad:
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    i am such a baby when it comes to crying in movies..

The shawshank redemption
    Toy story 3 had me a blubbeing mess. I havnt been able to watch it without crying
    Beaches
    The notebook
    Into the wild
    red dog
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The Champ
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Most Disney movies.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Agreed on Toy Story 3 :sad:
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    The Green Mile
    Forest Gump (every time I watch this I challenge myself not to cry but always break!)
    Hachi
    Eight Below
    Murder In The First

They all get to me, there are more though but these are the first that spring to mind!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Last film I cried at? Click.

First film I cried at? Dumbo.

Lol!