This site is like Crack!

Options

Replies

• mugs_d
    mugs_d Posts: 13
    Options
    This site is the Ultimate procrastination tool. I will never get any work done LOL BUT who cares I might be healthier because of it KEEP LOGGING ON LADIES!!!!!! Hahaha

P.S My names Meaghan I am addicted....thank you
    Cheers :drinker:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi, my name is Karen and I am a MFP addict..........:drinker:
  • conny1967
    Options
    Yes, I know exactly what every one is talking about. Ever since I joined this site, I am always checking in and seeing new memebers joining the new revolution of getting healthy. If by chance that I do not get the opportunity to enter my daily food intake, I am writing it down on any piece of paper and then entering when I get the chance. When this occurs I feel that I am neglecting something, it has become a daily ritual, just like my exercise. Yes, my name is Conny and I am a MFP addict.......
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're talking about!

I'm not an addict! I can quit anytime I want to!

I'll log off in five minutes, honest!

I'm FINE!

(twitches, falls over)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to play computer solitaire and drink my morning coffee. Now I'm reading posts (and other fitness/nutrition sites). Honestly, when I went on vacation, I missed you guys. And that's more than I can say for some people I see all the time!:laugh:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I admit I check my myspace first before all. LOL
    This is my second myspace?

I know what you mean though. I think most of us come here to see what everyone is up to, to read the message boards and to look for motivation.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Big time addict. Hey if you have to be addicted to something why not this:tongue:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm FINE!
    (twitches, falls over)

HA! exactly!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :noway:

Sometimes I think we are all SICK people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue::bigsmile: :laugh:

I told myself this morning, "I will not visit the community area of MFP, I will NOT" "I will only go in, log in my meals and exercise and that's it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And where am I right now?????????????????? :noway: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker:

DITTO!
    :laugh:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Too funny, but too true.

Just look at how many posts I've had since I started in Jan! I'm not only addicted to MFP, but I can't shut up! :smile:

Seriously though, they say people who are part of a community ie. weight watcher, nutrisystem that has support and tracks daily food intake, are more likely to lose weight and keep it off.

I think this site does two things. Gives us something to do besides eat and gives us daily support, inspiration and praise. Things many of us can't get elsewhere.

Like last night I was showing my boyfriend how you could see the muscle in my forearm now and he was like "what muscle?" (Love the man but he can be dense sometimes :grumble: ) I know if I posted here that I could now see a muscle emerging, I'd get all kinds of praise for it.

This is something very healthy to be addicted to and I'll take it any day over chocolate... :happy:
  • tschaedel79
    Options
    Yup, names Treasure and i to am an addict
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's like I NEED to log in my exercise and food immediately afterwards or something awful will happen! Now, when I tell my boyfriend "I just want to log my cals burned quickly and then I can help you with dinner" he says "Un-huh, tell me when you're off and THEN we'll start dinner.."!

I will be in the middle of nowhere next week for work and won't have internet!! ARGH! No logging in for 5 days!! I hope I can cope!:laugh:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    I have NEVER posted online about anything, really, until this.
    I no longer have room to talk about my fiance playing World of Warcrack. I have "crack" of my own!

I also promised myself I wouldn't post today; too busy at work. Yep. Right.

My name is Melanie and I cannot stop using MFP.
    And I'm ok with that!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

I'm FINE!

(twitches, falls over)

:laugh: Yeah - me too!!! Uh-huh. You betcha!! :laugh:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's like I NEED to log in my exercise and food immediately afterwards or something awful will happen! Now, when I tell my boyfriend "I just want to log my cals burned quickly and then I can help you with dinner" he says "Un-huh, tell me when you're off and THEN we'll start dinner.."!
    Hello my name is Cassia and i am a MFP addict!!! (i Love it) Thats so funny! I am soo busy today and i can't get off.:noway: But guess what?!?!? results!
    I Love my MFP :love:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    lol... Just sitting here at work , you know doing what I'm suppose to...
    Totally addicted as well...:blushing: :blushing:
    Dawn
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Gosh this is hard.I have been in denial for soooooo long but here goes. My name is Heather and I too am a mfp addict and a message boardaholoic.
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    lol! Yes I'm addicted too. My husband is probably getting tired of me talking about my calories. It is funny that is can be so addicting. I even feel now that exercising can be very addicting. I guess thats a good thing. :happy: I'm so glad I found this site.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    lol! Yes I'm addicted too. My husband is probably getting tired of me talking about my calories. It is funny that is can be so addicting. I even feel now that exercising can be very addicting. I guess thats a good thing. :happy: I'm so glad I found this site.
    yep ive gotten to where i can't stand not doing Something every day even if its a brisk walk, all thanks to this site
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am 63, I have never been addicted to anything in my life, I am not about to start now. Being addicted is unhealthy, Just because I check in morning, noon and night and read every post I can and input every morsel of food i eat and just because I have posted too many times to count and just because I think about and pray for people I dont even know and probably will never meet and just because I print every food log, hole punch it and put it in an binder and just because I am disappointed that we can only have pictures of 18 friends and not 118 and just because I feel like I know Mike the creator of the site personally WELL....does that mean I am addicted.. I dont think so. My name is lorelai and I am not an addict. I am in control of being out of control with MFP programs and friends. So there I said it and I feel better now...