Anyone else spending WAY too much time on this site?

Options
124»

Replies

• Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I actually started MFP through the app for my Android and I loved logging and whatnot but I didn't have any motivational support or anything since you can't read the message boards on the app. So I've been becoming more addicted to the site as time has went on, after discovering this amazing community of people! I also just recently earned internet access with my promotion at work ;) ya'll know what that means! lol!!
  • lyblood1
    lyblood1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This:

I fully expect to be unemployed once the IT department traces back to me...

Totally cracked me up....Yep, i'm on here all the time. As soon as I eat, I'm logging in to record it. I'm scrolling through the posts getting ideas on what to eat, different workouts, etc. It's an addiction....a good one, but an addiction nonetheless.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Way too much time on here.:cry::explode: :laugh:
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Im so addicted!!! But I can stop whenever I want! ok thats a lie, I cant stop, I need more MFP!

MFP is what I like to call my new "chick on the side" cause of how much time I spend here!
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love this site...never stuck with weight loss before...I would lose 2 pounds an be right back were I statrted a month ago. but I keep coming back cause of the supportive peeps,advice good or bad and the incouragemnet.am I adictied ..... No just more committed. :))
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with my decreased motivation at work I find myself on this website every day, and for way too long each day. Oh well, they haven't fired me yet.

This is me as well.
  • JeannieBikini127
    Options
    Not me! And I would never be on here during work. (Looks around to see if boss is watching)

Me either!! (Looks around to see if boss is watching) OOHH WAIT, I am the boss. hahahahaha Well in that case, I will stay on here as long as I need to as long as I can get my other work done too :-D
  • graciousdove
    graciousdove Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted and i am starting to like my MFP friends better than my real life friends because they truly understand what I am going through and what I am trying to achieve. It is always up on my computer, i just hope the day never comes when they flag this as a social media site. :angry: But then again, there is always my phone. :happy:

I am hoping the same thing too! It's a quick and easy way to log in my calories at my desk and I won't forget when I get home. But now I'm worried they are tracking me and flagging this as a social media site too! hahaha, It's great that we are all going through the same thing together!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to get much activity right now, so this is one of my favorite places to be when I'm home. I've got great friends, interesting choices, inspiration, and drama when I'm feeling petty.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    each day you can spend as much time on MFP as you spend exercising and preparing meals.

DONE!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much MFP....let alone WAY too much.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Completely addicted! If I'm at home and not sleeping I am probably on here. Even if I'm working out or eating, I am usually on here!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    guilty...
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    Guilty here too...always checking in
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am a person with.. what hubby gently refers to as "addictive tendencies"... Several years back, it was gaming that I was all into and couldn't get my headset off long enough to scream for someone else to check on dinner, I did it last week! Then it was a certain tv show that I was hooked on and so on... Recently, it has become me watching my food here, and oh my God, I can't believe I'm about to say this... I'm addicted to exercising! I really like doing my Jillian videos and thinking of ways I can get in a *little more calorie burn* before bed, etc..

So the boards here? Oh yeah. SOOO addicted! LOL I told hubby that of all the things I could have addictions to, keeping track of my food intake and exercises (I made Excel spreadsheets.. yes, really!), is pretty minimal to worry about. As long as I'm not obsessing over "omg I accidentally at a chocolate chip!" I think this is all in good healthy fun :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    MFP is probably the most useful and fun website I have ever been on.