Weird thing happened while jogging

Options
iRebel
iRebel Posts: 383
While I was jogging, a utility van pulled even to me, slowed to a near stop, and opend the sliding door. A guy was crouching in the doorway. Another car came by and they sped off. :noway:

should I report it?

Replies

• TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Definitely
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Did the van say "Free Candy"? If so, be sure to tell your neighborhood kids about it so they can get some too
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    YES YES you should... Oh man .. you have no idea how lucky you are...
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is very creepy.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If this is an actual real post then yes, you most definitely should report it. Do it NOW before you forget the make, model, description of the person crouching in the back etc.

And why on earth would you come to a public forum to ask whether or not you should report something like that? Do you honestly think that it was no big deal?!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Lhyla
    Lhyla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my YES!! report it!! describe as best you can.. the next person they "target" may not have the luck you did
  • iRebel
    Options
    YES- this is real... I was so scared, trying to run back to my car before they turned around... ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    While I was jogging, a utility van pulled even to me, slowed to a near stop, and opend the sliding door. A guy was crouching in the doorway. Another car came by and they sped off. :noway:

should I report it?

Why are you even asking about this? Call and report now
  • iRebel
    Options
    If this is an actual real post then yes, you most definitely should report it. Do it NOW before you forget the make, model, description of the person crouching in the back etc.

And why on earth would you come to a public forum to ask whether or not you should report something like that? Do you honestly think that it was no big deal?!
    well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town... I AM planning on reporting it, could there be ANY non creepy explanation for that....?
  • mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah, report it. They were about to abduct you.
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    YES- this is real... I was so scared, trying to run back to my car before they turned around... ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever.

Then why the frack are you on a message board asking whether or not it should be reported? You should have picked up your phone and dialed the police immediately and reported what happened instead of turning on your computer and going to MFP to ASK if it should be reported.

I mean seriously?!:huh:
  • iRebel
    Options
    Ok, off to report!
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, glad you are okay. Definitely report it. When I was jogging on my lunch break last year, some dude in a postal service van pulled up to me and was asking if I had a boyfriend and saying how pretty I was. Luckily, he drove off and that was the end of it. Why are there so many creeps in this world!?
  • iRebel
    Options

Then why the frack are you on a message board asking whether or not it should be reported? You should have picked up your phone and dialed the police immediately and reported what happened instead of turning on your computer and going to MFP to ASK if it should be reported.

I mean seriously?!:huh:

somebody I talked to didn't think it was a big deal.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town... I AM planning on reporting it, could there be ANY non creepy explanation for that....?

So abductions only happen in the middle of the night to poor people who live in the city?:huh:

Well, if you think it's ok because someone said it wasn't a big deal then don't report it.

I personally would have reported it because it's just way too creepy and weird.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Holy crap.. YES! That guy was up to some shady stuff. You are lucky another car came by!
  • jensine2
    jensine2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definitely report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you could help the next individual by reporting!!
    Be careful jogging! dont go same rout all the time and always let someone know exactly your route! Maybe even carry pepper spray! Don't go late at night! Possible jog on busy street areas where lots of cars!!!! My daughter was assaulted when she went jogging and she stopped for a second to tie shoe. A man grabbed her from
    Behind and held a knife to her neck and demanded money. It was in the evening on a Friday so not good but it was just a short neighborhood jog and it happened very quickly! when he realized she had no money
    He turned her around and socked her hard in the face causing her to fall, she then shoved
    Him really hard almost making him fall and then took off running! she made it home! He told
    Her she was luck!!!! Very very scary!!!!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Report it ASAP before they get lucky and are to nab some other poor girl out there.. Jeez.. I hope it really sinks in .. You just dodged a bullet.
  • iRebel
    Options

So abductions only happen in the middle of the night to poor people who live in the city?:huh:
    no, but NOTHING ever happens there... there were tons of people around, I mean not at that very moment... but still. they were pretty stupid. me too for forgettting my phone!