Weird thing happened while jogging

Options

Replies

• Lhyla
    Lhyla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town." they don't care.. rich- poor you got frickin lucky!
    911!! get the cops in the area..
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Very lucky indeed. Glad you are ok.

Please post back after you report it to let us know what the cops said. Perhaps this creep has tried this before and your report won't be the first....
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    dont worry about it.. you're ok.

turned out you werent who we were looking for.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Are you okay, OP? That must have been so scary...
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    While I was jogging, a utility van pulled even to me, slowed to a near stop, and opend the sliding door. A guy was crouching in the doorway. Another car came by and they sped off. :noway:

should I report it?
    if this is a serious post, heck yeah. They didn't get you but next time they might or it could be someone else
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Are you okay, OP? That must have been so scary...
    I guess I was not accepting what happened... I'll be fine.... it just seems so unreal!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Even if it was NOTHING, at least someone will know it happened once its reported. if it was something, someone else might not get lucky and get away.
  • iRebel
    Options
    ok, it's reported! The police is going to call me back soon, according to the dispatcher.
  • iRebel
    Options
    the officer said it was the first time something like that was reported, hopefully the last!
  • iRebel
    Options
    Holy crap, glad you are okay. Definitely report it. When I was jogging on my lunch break last year, some dude in a postal service van pulled up to me and was asking if I had a boyfriend and saying how pretty I was. Luckily, he drove off and that was the end of it. Why are there so many creeps in this world!?
    I know! WHY? It is beyond my understanding what some humans will do to others...

glad you're ok!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    the officer said it was the first time something like that was reported, hopefully the last!

...because usually you're in the van by now.

Perhaps it was a planned one, and you look like someone's daughter/wife until they got close, or perhaps something was off.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    maybe you should start jogging with mace or something.... ****, that's scary.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hell yes report it! What if it had been a small child and no one drove by? You could have been kidnapped with all the horrors that implies. You need to be proactive. I have been a victim
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    YES!
    And don't go back to that jogging area.
    How scary!
    I have witnessed this vey thing happening, as well.
    It's amazing how dangerous our culture is, sometimes.
    So sorry that happened to you.
    So glad you escaped harm!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Yes, report it! So glad you're okay, that must have been so scary.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If this is an actual real post then yes, you most definitely should report it. Do it NOW before you forget the make, model, description of the person crouching in the back etc.

And why on earth would you come to a public forum to ask whether or not you should report something like that? Do you honestly think that it was no big deal?!
    well, It was the middle of the day, in a rich small town... I AM planning on reporting it, could there be ANY non creepy explanation for that....?

Actually, the fact that it was a rich small town makes it even more suspicious. They probably thought they could get a big ransom if they kidnapped someone from a wealthy community (not that YOU necessarily come from a wealthy family, but they probably thought you might).
  • iRebel
    Options
    Hell yes report it! What if it had been a small child and no one drove by? You could have been kidnapped with all the horrors that implies. You need to be proactive. I have been a victim
    I am truly sorry to hear that. ugh.... soooo many creeps.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hell YEAH report the hell out of it
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    one day many years ago I had a full sized van and was sitting in a Walmart parking lot waiting for my wife and mother-in-law to come out...it was hot and I had no air so I had the door open and someone called the police on me saying I was trying to pick up kids...everything turned out good...had them go in a page my wife...
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YES- this is real... I was so scared, trying to run back to my car before they turned around... ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever.

Then why the frack are you on a message board asking whether or not it should be reported? You should have picked up your phone and dialed the police immediately and reported what happened instead of turning on your computer and going to MFP to ASK if it should be reported.

I mean seriously?!:huh:

That was too funny and I love that face you put at the end. But on a serious tip, my heart would have been beating out of my chest and I would have called the police as soon as I could. You may wanna use the treadmill at home or at the gym until this whole thing pans out. How do you know they weren't monitoring you and got a chance to know your daily routine? Always report supicious behavior, better safe than sorry!!