Anybody ever have a rough day on their calories.

Options
Here I am, it isnt even lunch and I have consumed nearly have of my daily calories! I am meeting a friend for lunch and already planning on a healthy lunch. I try to do an hour of cardio each day, which could even be walking for an hour. Any tips?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    1) Don't stress out over it. If you go over today, which you might and that's fine, learn from it and move on.
    2) Try to figure out what went wrong today and how you can plan or prepare better for other days.
  • ruthannewillard
    Options
    Thank you and you are right, that is really all I can do is make tomorrow better! I am not going to go crazy today but some days are just harder than others and I should of had a more filling breakfast!
  • Sherilynn1966
    Options
    Thank you, Sidesteal. I needed that today. :)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's gonna happen sometimes as long as its not all the time. Having one day that is over sparingly isn't something to worry about. Plan, plan and plan some more. It's good that you realize it and are planning your lunch. I went over the other day because I was sick and just wanted soup and grilled cheese. I know I had to take care of myself and get better so I got back on track today and ready to rock it! Learn from it and move on and keep working hard. You got this.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Dont worry about it. It happens to everyone. You just gotta move on and think about what you can do to change your eating so that it doesnt happen tomorrow. Keep going :)
  • amallia921
    Options
    Everyone has their off days. Mine was yesterday. But every day is a new day. You just have to try to do better the next day. Just keep your head up and try your best.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Um yep occasionally. As long as it isn't everyday don't stress! :)
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES!! I went to buffets twice this week. Nothing will sabotage weight loss efforts like a buffet. I am honest about what I eat and then just cut my calorie intake down a couple of hundred calories the day after. It is all about checks and balances. Don't expect to be perfect everyday, it is so self-defeating.

Don't sweat it!! :)
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i have not eaten sensibly today either, i have stayed well within my calories, and have been to the gym, but i have hit the evil work vending machine with a serious case of the munchies.
    i think everyone has, or even needs a bit of an off day, go to bed guiltless and wake up looking at tomorrow as a new day :flowerforyou:
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    1) Don't stress out over it. If you go over today, which you might and that's fine, learn from it and move on.
    2) Try to figure out what went wrong today and how you can plan or prepare better for other days.

Exactly what he said!! don't let it get the better of you...it happens to everyone and the ones who say it doesn't happen to them, are lying :)
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself. We've all done it and will still occasionally blow our calorie count.

I'm a firm believer in breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper. With this belief a majority of my calories are burned WAY before my afternoon snack.

Of course, I have days where I "eat like a king" ALL DAY! You have to give yourself some leeway.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I ate 7,400 calories last weekend. (fudge)

sorry I meant last SATURDAY.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Ha it must be one of those days!!!!forget it tomorrow is another day:laugh:
  • jnj1013
    jnj1013 Posts: 27
    Options
    Monday I had 3,000 calories (normally I net under 1200 with actiivty). While I was eating my Jimmy Johns for lunch and then enjoying my frappuccino and brownie for dinner I never once felt bad. The next morning I got up like normal, went to boot camp and never looked back. You can't spend every single day of your life sweating the small stuff, some days you're going to fall off the wagon, some days you're going to talk a flying leap off the wagon into a grande frappuccino with extra whip cream...so long as your long term decisions are consistent with your goals give yourself a break and move forward the next day with no regret.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

This. SS is the man!
  • KellyS_86
    Options

Like it and totally agree. That's what I do too!
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Every single day I wonder if today is gonna be the day I dive head first into cake. But if your body is telling you its hungry - feed it! As your on a reduced calorie diet, eating a little more won't make you gain. Healthy lifestyle is about giving yourself what you need - perhaps your body is telling you it needs more carbs/fibre/protein (whatever it is you crave!). Sounds perfectly normal, don't over think it xx
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Rough day...rough week...so what? The good days all count toward your goal, the bad days don't set you back, they just don't count! :) I guarantee your *bad* days are still better than before you started MFP!

I have been on MFP 305 days...lots of them were rough...but still I am so much better off than a year ago! :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes........ no-one is perfect but the important thing is not to let it get to you, just put it behind you and head forwards again :smile:
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Here I am, it isnt even lunch and I have consumed nearly have of my daily calories! I am meeting a friend for lunch and already planning on a healthy lunch. I try to do an hour of cardio each day, which could even be walking for an hour. Any tips?

This happened to me the other day, and I compensated by working out extra. I was still over my calorie count limit at the end of the day, but the damage was considerably less than it would have been if I hadn't put in an additional hour at the gym.

If you don't have time to work out more today, don't sweat it. No pun intended. :P As others have already told you: tomorrow is another day. We all start our day at zero calories, it's a second chance each day. You'll surely do better next time! ^^