Any other Daddy's take their daughters on dates?

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my dad is my best friend. he still treats me like a princess at 20 as he did when i was 2. he used to always let me paint his nails and do his hair too. i was truly blessed <3 when i was born (preme) he whisked me outa an incubator, counting my fingers and toes, and shouting "i have my girl! i have my girl!" untill the nurses caught him and made them put me back. :p but after having two boys i wouldnt blame him. thank you to all the wonderful dads out there.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My husband takes our daughters on dates. He will take each one separately. They get to pick the restaurant. He also takes our daughters hunting. Our son is only four and just went squirrel hunting with the three of them for the first time. The biggest squirrel in the woods was definitely him. They didn't see much, cut they had a really good time. And I, enjoyed the quiet. I do plan on taking my son on dates when he gets a little older. I plan on teaching him to be a gentleman.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

OMG. Such sweetness. :flowerforyou:
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    all fathers should be like you!! congrats for being a super dad!
    i just have 1 question tho.....you must have only 1 child right? what happens when there is 2 or 3 daughters? or a son or 2 in the family? would you do this for each one?
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I am mainly taking both my kids when I do it and those times are mainly while their mom is sleeping on the weekend when she worked the night before. I do get to do a football game or golf with my 12 yr old son sometimes or take my 6 yr old daughter on a date every now and then and I love that. I do all those things you were saying, treating her like a princess or a little lady. There is so much drama in relationships now when kids grow up, I want both my kids to see examples of what is acceptable and what is not for treating others and ways you should accept being treated. I am hoping when they get old enough, he will know how to treat a woman the right way and she will remember how daddy treats her and mommy and won't settle for less than that. I just took them both to see Big Time Rush in concert the other night and we all had a blast. I love to do anything I can with my kids to see them happy. Great question.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of Daddy/Daughter and Mommy/Son dates!

We used to have Mommy/Son time when my husband was working on his MBA (usually went skiing together at a local hill). I honestly thought that my son had outgrown them--he is 12 now and does way more with my husband since they're both guys and have the whole love of sports thing in common, plus he's getting to be a moody pre-teen. However, my husband was recently out of town on a business trip and my son and I went shopping at the mall and he even held my hand (he initiated it) while we were walking in the parking lot. He's so sweet because he makes sure to hold doors open for me (and others!) and I know that we've done a decent job of raising him.

I secretly treasure these moments because he is growing up so fast.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    My husband and I take our kids (a boy and a girl) out on dates often. My thought is he and I set the tone for how they will expect to be treated in their relationships. :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. D:
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 years old and I like to take her on dates whenever we can find the time. It's not nearly often enough but we both love it whenever we do:) Sometimes she picks the place and what we will do and sometimes I do. Sometimes we both get a little dressed up but I always open all the doors for her, hold her hand, and treat her like a queen:) When we get to where we are going we sit down and I ask her why we are here, she answers because you love me:) I say that's right! Until you find a man that treats you better than me..........it will always be you and me.

Are there any other Daddy's that do similar things with their daughters? What about Mommy's taking their boys on dates? I would love to here any new ideas that I can use with my kids.

you are the type of father I wish my daughter did have...

keep it up...you're doing a fantastic job of raising a strong little girl.
    ^^ This - you'll always be her hero if you keep it up!
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    This is one of the BEST things a dad can do for his daughter... my dad took me out alot growing up and it showed me to have high expectations for a man. He would open my door, pull out my chair, let me pick the place... seriously love him for that!

Helped with NOT dating losers... if a man doesnt open my door or pull out my chair my pops wouldnt like him anyways!
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Was me and my mom when I was a kid, would go to theatre shows, musicals etc. Fond memories.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am 20 and my sister is 22 and my Dad still takes us both on dates :) He and I recently went to see the Disney/Pixar film Brave together and out to dinner. Next month we are going to see a local production of the Three Musketeers :)
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    my 4 yr old son, Gavyn, and I do this once a month. We get dressed up and he picks the place :)
  • seardefilip
    Options
    my husband takes our daughter on dates about once a month or so-
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    WOW! that sounds so sweet. :)
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Geez dude. Talk about pandering to the women on this site! :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i do special dates with my daughter my husband is military so he is not around often so i take her out and let her pick. I have a son but he is too small to care right now lmao
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I take my 9 year old daughter on dates. Sometimes she will set up a "Spa Day" appointment at home and I get the whole treatment...manicure, pedicure, facial, make-up. Then she has to parade me around to everyone! It makes her so happy. There isn't much I wouldn't do to make her happy! God Bless all if you that make time to play with your kids!
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I take my daughter's to hockey games, we went to the waterpark and I took them school clothes shopping at the mall in the same weekend.... We go to the movies every once in a while as well...
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You sound like a great Daddy :) We really need to do that more often with ours, we get trapped in the Dad/Son, Mom/Daughter routine.