Options

Replies

• BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    COLD!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I am a beer drinker myself and my beer of choice is Bud Light Platinum, it's full flavored, more alcohol so I drink less to get the same buzz (137 calories) and it comes in pretty blue bottles! :flowerforyou:

Going to a bar one night with your friends isn't going to put you back to your original weight though so drink what you enjoy and then go back to your alcohol fasting for another couple of months. Good luck!

Cheers! :drinker:

Did you know there are approximately 150 calories in Fat Tire? For just thirteen more calories per bottle, and equally as accessible in a bar, you could drink something delicious and not made with ingredients that don't belong in beer.

For the record folks, if your beer contains more rice than barley, and isn't a sake or Great Divide Samurai, you're not really drinking beer.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Whatever your favorite beer is, plan to get one, or heck, maybe two. Normal beers are around 160 calories. I wouldn't bother with the diet ones, gross.

Log the calories the night before (or ASAP). Then you'll be able to work around it, eat a bit less for lunch, go for a long run to earn a few more calories... that sort of thing.

Two beers?!!!! ONLY TWO? *Faints* (I'm Irish)....
  • metre30
    metre30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness. Low in calories and tasty.

Stella ! Stella (Artois).
    My favourite !

This is my fave!

Or just don't worry about it, drink what you want and dance the calories away! That's what I do :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Arrogant *kitten* will be my beer of the night!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options

:D Go for a local craft beer. If you're drinking a beer, you might as well drink a beer.

Going to agree with this one. Make room and enjoy that beer. As long as you don't go crazy, you'll be just fine.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Arrogant *kitten* will be my beer of the night!

I saw someone with an Arrogant *kitten* Beer shirt on today when I went to go get my beer for the night. I'm a little intrigued.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Now, this probably won't be an acceptable idea; but ask for a glass of ice. Pour your cold beer into the cold ice....it makes the one beer last longer and the ice keeps the beer colder along the way. And heck, if the ice melts while you're drinking than you're adding more water into your beer enjoyment. Just an idea....and I'll understand if you 'boo' it!

However, I never deny myself anything I want.... I just work it into the plan for the day! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like bud light lime! I refuse to give up my beer or my coffee. I have a few beers a week, not all in one day ;), and 2 cups of coffee every morning with fat free creamer and sugar. But you were asking about beer :) have a glass of water also and alternate your sips if your worried about having to many or alternate beer and water. Go out have fun!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    none.....beer is yucky......drink tequila instead.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

This guy is absolutely right. Guiness is in the top 10 of low calorie beers. :)

Not only is it lower in calories, it is heavier and will make you feel "fuller". :-)

No it isn't. 12 oz has almost 200 calories. I'm not a big beer fan, but I do love dark beers, so trust me, I'm very saddened to find out Guinness and Newcastle, and likely other yummy ales, are high in carbs and calories! Let's not mislead people, even if we love these beers... :sad:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I started getting MGD64 (also known as Miller64) or Michelob Ultra if they don't have the Miller. I was always a Bud Light drinker, but I don't like hangovers anymore so it's worth it to me for the switch to a lighter beer. I'll still go for the aluminum bottle Bud Light when and if they have it anywhere - but it's hard to find.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Drink whichever you like the taste of best. Enjoy it in moderation.

Shiner Bock
    Abita Turbodog
    Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan
    Killian's Irish Red

or whatever else.

The main thing is, it should be something worth drinking.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts, so I LOVE Sam Adams.That being said... it's been proven that Beer is Bad for Bellies! You can tell when a man is a regular beer drinker because of his pot belly, big or small. I stick to flavored vodka, chilled.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm from Massachusetts, so I LOVE Sam Adams.That being said... it's been proven that Beer is Bad for Bellies! You can tell when a man is a regular beer drinker because of his pot belly, big or small. I stick to flavored vodka, chilled.

More absurdities!!! Proven? Where? Do you have any links/studies?
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options

This guy is absolutely right. Guiness is in the top 10 of low calorie beers. :)

Not only is it lower in calories, it is heavier and will make you feel "fuller". :-)

No it isn't. 12 oz has almost 200 calories. I'm not a big beer fan, but I do love dark beers, so trust me, I'm very saddened to find out Guinness and Newcastle, and likely other yummy ales, are high in carbs and calories! Let's not mislead people, even if we love these beers... :sad:

Google says 125. If you don't like stouts, they make a black lager, too = 135 calories.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Beer is worse than say, alcohol with seltzer or even a regular martini. It's the carbs and calories - they call it a beer belly for a reason. Dark beers are worse than light. And there are light beers.

And soda and cream are fattening even when you mix them with alcohol.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Whatever your favorite beer is, plan to get one, or heck, maybe two. Normal beers are around 160 calories. I wouldn't bother with the diet ones, gross.

Log the calories the night before (or ASAP). Then you'll be able to work around it, eat a bit less for lunch, go for a long run to earn a few more calories... that sort of thing.

Good advice!

I try to log before hand so I know how many I can drink. Maybe eat one less snack for that day.

Enjoy your night out!

ditto!!

I'm from Wisconsin. Follow the advice above and drink your favorite! And also follow the other good advice I saw...don't drink cheap beer!

I agree - drink one or two beers, log them, and drink your favorites. You haven't drunk for two months - you'll be a cheap drunk anyway. :)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My answer?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/1161/

Not sure about calories. Google's saying mostly 238, but one site says 175.
  • ncbill
    ncbill Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    La Guinitas a little sumpin sumpin great hoppy beer, the higher the alcohol content the higher the calories, but if you're only having two go for the calories LOL Whatever your favorite beer is, is the right answer. :)

For the folks in WI, please send me Pearl Street Brewery oatmeal stout and bitter woman (I don't remember who makes it LOL but it was tastey)