Is 10lbs off noticeable on your body?

Options

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I think it depends mostly on your tone as well as height and proportions. When I lost my initial first 10 lbs I could barely tell, it was all evenly in my bottom half. When I lost the second 10 lbs I could really tell because it seemed to be coming from my waist and arms a lot more as I was toning a lot more, still even my dad can't see the 20 lbs though! I'm almost 5'8'' and pear shaped so I believe this effects it. Definitely take into consideration whether the scale is important or toning,and your height and shape.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Not on me!

I am in smaller clothes but I have boobage that overshadows the bits that lost most inches :)

Still, I know there is less of me. Eventually it will show. Especially if I can manage to build in the exercise safely!

Oh to be fit again!
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will definitely see it if you are already within you range. I was 140lb and ideally want to be 120-126lb. So far I have lost 6lb and already there is a big difference. That spare tyre has now gone from being motorcycle tyre down to a racing pushbike size tyre only when I sit down. I could not do up my size 10 (UK) skinny jeans but now they are a perfect comfortable fit with no "muffin top" hanging over. My tighter T shirts now flatter me rather than showing off the roll of flab I was carrying around. I still have another 8-14lb to go depending on where my body decides is its peak and look forward to what that will look like. I will start some toning again after my vacation which I go on tomorrow (sunday ) for a week and theres no point in trying stick to "losing" while I will be eating out quite a lot, so I have decided to just "maintain" for this week. If I should happen to be able to "lose" while away with diet and any sporting activities we do then that will just be a bonus.
  • mztraycee
    Options
    I'm short and I could tell. You should see it with how your clothes fit you.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    10 pounds on me is the difference between fitting into my size 9/10s and not remotely being able to button them.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm short (5'1), and 10 pounds meant a pants size for me. You CAN tell. Even I can see how small my waist is starting to look.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've got to agree with the people recommending lifting weights. That will probably be the most noticeable change you can make, aesthetically. If you want to burn fat while lifting, continue to eat at a moderate calorie deficit. You will not gain muscle but you will refine the shape of your body.

Good luck!
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    16404424_2399.jpg

there is a 10lb difference you CAN notice it
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    on a larger person, such as myself... i've not noticed a difference at 15 lbs gone.. but i'd imagine at a healthy weight range, 10 lbs would be noticable
  • patheticjustice
    Options
    five lbs is noticeabke
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's a cool site that allows woman to compare their body types:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

It was recommended by another MFPer not long ago.

Check it out and you may get an idea of what 10 pds off looks like.
  • Tonysgirl0519
    Options
    10 lbs IS noticeable. Especially for the people that see you on a day to day basis.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If your weight is already in a healthy range then a 10lb loss will definately show, you'll look great if you workout and development some definition too!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    if you have a lot to lose, the first 10, no. the last 10, yes.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm down 10lbs from 5 weeks ago (5'0" tall, started at 136, now 126) and I still don't see the difference yet. My exercise is always in classes with decent amounts of cardio, and then using weights (ranging from light to heavy). Could be I also have a super critical eye, though. I know my legs, while they don't look different to me, definitely feel much stronger.

Actually I notice one thing - my traps (muscles near shoulders/neck, right) appeared. Didn't have those be so noticeable before. Still wish I saw my belly shrinking though, lol.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Toning will show the biggest improvement not weightloss.

^^ this ^^

Make sure you eat enough to fuel your body for the increased workouts.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    LOL, I measured my weight loss in bags of birdseed, I lost 2 20 lb bags of birdseed, when I pick them up now and pack them I can really feel the difference!!!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Here's a cool site that allows woman to compare their body types:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

It was recommended by another MFPer not long ago.

Check it out and you may get an idea of what 10 pds off looks like.

BIG thank you, what an eye opener!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm down 10lbs from 5 weeks ago (5'0" tall, started at 136, now 126) and I still don't see the difference yet. My exercise is always in classes with decent amounts of cardio, and then using weights (ranging from light to heavy). Could be I also have a super critical eye, though. I know my legs, while they don't look different to me, definitely feel much stronger.

Actually I notice one thing - my traps (muscles near shoulders/neck, right) appeared. Didn't have those be so noticeable before. Still wish I saw my belly shrinking though, lol.

At 5'0", I have now doubt that the ten lbs (at the relatively low weight) has made a visual difference. Comparing measurements and pictures (before and current) are the best ways to see the difference in yourself. Be proud of your accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your own body. I've only lost a few pounds, but all of my body fat is around my waist, so I can tell by how my clothes fit. I'm cinching in my belts and now I have to take a couple of pieces to the tailor for alterations because they are just baggy on me. After only 6 lbs!