How often / long do you workout?

Options

Replies

• ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    60 minutes on the treadmill 5 days a week, plus some other fun cardio things i do
  • FullM3talJacket
    Options
    I workout anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half a day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing 3 days a week at about an hour each. Some days are a little lazier than others... Sometimes I'll do a walk with a friend on a day off or something.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 min day 5 days
    60 min 2 days
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Between 20min/1 hour of cardio 5-7 days a week
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from the gym. That's 20 minutes each way, so a total of 40 minutes of walking. Once I am at the gym I do weight lifting 3 days a week, for about 45 minutes usually. And on my rest days I do yoga. Sometimes after weights I'll do some HIIT on the bike for 15 minutes.

And I also dance. That can vary anywhere from 2 days a week to 6 days a week, for 2 to 4 hours per day, depending on what I have coming up for performances or how many projects I am working on. That may increase soon. I don't consider that exercise at a steady state because it is interspersed with rest times to talk about what we did, what we are going to do or to watch other people while they do their part. The intensity varies depending on the project. There have been times when I have had to spend hours in a plank type position, while crawling across the floor staying in that plank type position, kind of like rock climbing, but while on the floor (like a tiger walk I think it might be called). Dance is funny like that because you rehearse a part over and over until you perform it (sometimes once, sometimes for a week). Then you let it go and start something new.
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do approximately 15-45 minutes (depends on if I have a partner or more) of weight training and--for now--a walk with occasional running. (The running is prompted by an app I use called Zombies, Run! It has an option for zombie hoard chases. Since I'm not ready to run the entire time of the missions, I run when it warns me of a hoard nearby.) So far we only go for about 1.3 miles. We do this rotation three times a week.

Then on top of that, I do a lot of cardio for work. I'm a security guard so I walk about 3-5 miles every work day. (Usually 5 days a week.)
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    I workout 6 - 7 days a week.

Mixing up the 30 day shred (20 minutes) and cardio (jogging and walking for 30 - 45 mins).
    Some days I do both, some days one or the other depending on how I feel and how much time I have.

I'm working on increasing the cardio, as I get fitter I jog longer and longer each week.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I try not to exceed 45 min for strength training, 30 min fasted cardio, and 30 min after weights. For Strength Training I keep my rest at 1 minute in between sets for most body parts except legs. Lift heavy for compound exercises, and increase repetition for isolation.
  • freespiritistaken
    Options
    I'm working out every day but some days aren't as long as others.
    For example I walk/jog every morning for about 10 minutes.
    then it goes like this:

mon. gym
    tue. 30 day shred
    wed. gym
    thu.30 day shred
    fri. gym
    sat. 30 day shred or gym (depends on mood)
    sun. just the jog.

At the gym,I just do 15 minutes cardio (treadmill) and about 1-2 hours gym machines and weights. I have a program at the gym,so i don't over or under do it..
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i was doing 3.5 hours 5 x a week and swimming 1 a week.

Until the gym guy TOLD me to stop, he has put me on a 4 x week 90 min a session.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I get at least a 20 minute walk even on rest days since I walk my dog around the block every night for her.

On top of that I either go to the gym or the pool for 45 minutes 5 days a week.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise for huge lengths of time (partly because of time constraints and partly because my asthma won't let me!), but I do something every day.

7 days a week I do a 15 minute aerobics workout as soon as I get up. Most days I also do some push ups, sits ups etc.

5 days a week I walk to and from work, which is 15 minutes each way at a brisk pace.

3 or 4 days a week I do 30 minutes of yoga.

Once a week I swim for 30 minutes.

I try to go out on my bike at the weekend, cycling about 6 to 8 miles.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I try for what is below, but I have been working silly hours lately

Mon - Strength & Cardio (60 - 90 min)
    Tue - Bootcamp (60 min)
    Wed - Strength & Cardio (60 - 90 min)
    Thu - Bootcamp (60 min)
    Fri - Run / TAB (90 - 120 min)
    Sat - Bootcamp (60 min) & Strength / specific training (60 - 90 min)
    Sun - Rest / easy run / swim - time doesn't matter
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Weight days - 40 minutes to an hour.

Cardio days - 30-60 minutes.

IMO, the point isn't to work out for hours and hours - it's to get a good workout in and get out of there.

^^ This. Every word is the same for me. Same workout times and agree with the last statement. I work out Monday through Saturday, rest on Sundays. :)
  • rachelnielson
    rachelnielson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your responses! :smile:
  • xrandi
    xrandi Posts: 11
    Options
    60 minutes, half cardio half weights. I work out 2-4 times a week, depending on my work schedule.
  • jtinker2010
    Options
    I crossfit 10-20 minutes per workout cardio/weightlifting/horror....then do skills and such. I also swim an hour once a week. Losing inches! My workout yesterday was 8:09! I can tell a huge difference being back at it again after taking a year off!
  • AnnaShakesItUp
    Options
    Right now.... 3 days a week.... I was just doing bikes/treadmill 20-30 mins each at the gym.... I sat down with a trainer and talked about my goals and what I wanted to achieve and by Oct 1st he wants me up to about 5 days a week for 2 hrs a day which I know I can do, but it's going to be a gradual increase.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    At least an hour every day. I alternate between 60-70 mins of cardio one day, and a mix of a full body workout and 30 mins of cardio the next.