New food you have tried while dieting

Options
13»

Replies

• onefournine
    Options
    My favorite new foods are brussels sprouts and lavash bread. I love oven roasted brussels sprouts and onions so much I could eat them every day, and fresh lavash bread is good for wrapping everything from tuna salad to lunch meat to peanut butter and jelly. The brand I use is low calorie, high in omega 3 and whole grains.
  • StephyGetsFit
    Options
    I'm a really picky eater so the foods I've tried aren't exactly exciting but I'm really glad I've started eating them.

Peaches.
    Mustard.
    Green Pepper.
    Pickles.
    Ooh and greek yogurt.

Now I can't even eat regular yogurt, I prefer the greek 100x more.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)! I like it better than real milk now.

Also, I've become a much bigger fan of fruit, particularly watermelon.

And, avocados, I eat them almost everyday and I don't think I ever tried one until recently.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting. Important nomenclature, believe me.

I've always been up for trying new food, but I really enjoyed adding quinoa.

Good luck!
  • Lyssie71
    Lyssie71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I decided to start eating healthier, I made small changes like eating whole wheat pasta, brown rice, etc. Some new foods I tried were quinoa, greek yogurt, and chia seeds. I never used to be a big fruit eater, but I really, really enjoyed fresh, raw fruit this summer....and even looked forward to it as a treat!!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Rutabaga and sweet potato "fries" (baked in the oven, not actually fried). The sweet potato fries were a huge hit and so tasty. The rutabaga fries were, um, not. :laugh: We won't be making those again.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Pistachios (yum), sweet potato, prunes (I know, but they really satisfy my sweet tooth and have fiber), pita chips and hummus (these really helped fill me up when I first started here), Iced peppermint tea, Iced rooibus tea, Iced green tea
    I also tried stevia and it is disgusting to me. Rather just have unsweetened stuff.
  • Bassgirl51
    Bassgirl51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Fage total 0 greek yogurt ( I have to put Splenda and cinnamon in mine) , sun warrior raw blend protein powder chocolate, almond milk original ( really like t his stuff and it makes the protein shake taste good with half the calories of regular milk)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! Suprisingly, I now like them on salads and sandwiches. Amazing, isn't it? :)
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I forgot to mention chia seeds! They are by and far the best things I've found since I started dieting.
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    soy milk, peanut butter.. actually I have had it before, but I eat it everyday now when before I had it about once or twice a year, so it's feels new and I'm def going to still have it when I'm off the diet! Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches are new for me and they really are amazing, as is Peanut butter and Marmalade and PB and Banana.

Sunflower and pumkin seeds, great snack! Meat free veg products like mince, and "fake" chicken fillets, some of them taste amazing, some of them taste like rubber. I had Quorn steaks the other day, never again :laugh:

Sweet Potatoes, had them once when I was a kid, but I could live on sweet potato fries now!
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New to me foods I have come to love/like (random order): courgette, quinoa, porridge, pineapple, passion fruit, orange, weetabix, soya milk, cottage cheese, blackberries, natural yoghurt, dried fruit, smoked mackerel, tofu, raw cauliflower, soy sauce, ham (smoked or cured), pomegranate, honey, quark, grapes, mushrooms, onions, sweet potato
    -> some of these I had tried before but always disliked them and therefore wouldn't eat them

New to me foods that I'm not fussed about (yet?): aubergine, Greek yoghurt, prawns, celery, grapefruit, cream cheese, cucumber
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The sprouted grain pretzels are a nice snack....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    PB2... I was surprised that it's alright.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    quinoa...bleh
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I've tried for the first time since starting this journey:
    Avocados (who knew I actually love them?!)
    Soy Milk (the great value brand original is not only reasonably priced, but it tastes good!)
    Tofu (not bad but not great either, but I need to learn more about how to prepare as well, I'm told)
    Puree Pumpkin (freaking diverse as all get out! You can use for all kinds of stuff!)
    Chia Seeds (yeah, yeah, yeah) they are great for energy and mood leveling and are just all around good for you!

And I have never been able to stand onions and peppers on pizza (I usually pick them all off), but last night I had a slice of meat lover's with peppers and onions and didn't mind the taste at all o_O!