how soon do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    I get up at 5:00 AM and eat breakfast between 12:00 and 2:00 Pm. My metabolism and blood sugar are fine.
  • 1104Jen
    1104Jen Posts: 27
    Options
    I never used to wake and be hungry, but since I started eating 30 mins after waking and eating 5 meals a day I wake up hungry.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    When I have a busy day ahead of me, my breakfast is different by the way. Then I get up early to exercise:

I wake up an hour early, have a banana, do an hour of exercise, take a shower and then I have a proper breakfast.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I eat my meals when I'm hungry
  • joeandcarmen
    joeandcarmen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The sooner you eat, the sooner your body starts burning calories. Eating wakes the body up inside.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It's like anything else in weight loss. Do what WORKS for YOU. If you're eating your daily calorie recommendation and eating 2 hours after getting up and losing weight then keep doing it. If it's not working try something different.

I don't eat breakfast. I get up at 6 AM and don't eat til 1 PM. Works for me.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Usually around 11 or 12. Yep..."lunch time" is my break-fast.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat within an hour or 2 after I wake up. I won't function if I go beyond that. I try to make breakfast the bigger meal of the day but sometimes that doesn't work out.
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually hungry when I first wake up unless I didn't eat much the day before but I try to eat by 8/9ish because I eat 6 meals a day and it would throw off my schedule. I aim to eat at 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm and my body usually gets use to it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The sooner you eat, the sooner your body starts burning calories. Eating wakes the body up inside.
    No it doesn't. Your body never stops burning calories. If it did, you'd be dead.

When you eat makes absolutely no difference. Eat when you want to eat, don't worry about some arbitrary time. It would take 4 days of complete fasting to slow your metabolism, putting breakfast off until lunch time won't hurt you.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    During the work week: 3 hours after I wake up because I love my 36 oz of coffee when I'm at the office before anything else.

During the weekend: 30 minutes after I wake up because hot damn, I love my big breakfasts.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter (for weight loss purposes) when you eat. Your body is burning calories all the time and your metabolism doesn't need to be "kick started" or anything. About 4 days a week I eat breakfast about half an hour after I get up. The other days, I don't eat until I get my lunch around 1.00 pm. This is just what I've found suits my lifestyle.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry.
  • pip670
    pip670 Posts: 3
    Options
    the general consensus is that Breakfast should be eaten within 40mins to 1hr after rising in the morning - Maintaining constant blood sugar levels is key to both weight loss and fat burning - failure to do so often leads to hunger pangs and binging of carb rich snacks Just because you can go all morning without brekkie doesn't mean it's good for you or your body and is usually the reason why people crave carb rich foods at later times during the day.
  • Out of necessity I eat when I get up, I don't have a lot of time in the morning so breakfast is usually 30 minutes after waking up as I'm heading out.

If you've got the time...eat when you're hungry for how hungry you are. You can push breakfast back if you had a heavy dinner but if you ate early the night before you may wake up starving. It's also okay to split meals. Sometimes if I'm starving I'd eat a handful of nuts before I get dressed and finish my oatmeal after, there's a 30 minute break between but I won't faint in the shower. Don't feel stressed to eat your entire meal at once.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, and I would base your decision on "when to eat" entirely on personal preference.

Some people have BETTER dietary adherence by not eating breakfast. Some people will need to eat breakfast.

From a physiological standpoint (metabolic effects), it is entirely irrelevant. From a behavior standpoint it IS relevant, but that effect varies from person to person.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i have coffee when i wake up and then i don't usually get hungry until around 1pm and then i usually have a protein shake or some greek yogurt
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I wake up, have coffee, then half later, walk the dogs for 1/2 hour, then run for 45 minutes. So, to answer you question, it is about 2 hours after waking. :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat when I'm hungry. Some mornings food just doesn't sound good right away so I wait. Others I wake up starving. LOL I got the way I am now by eating when I wasn't hungry, thats what I'm trying to change.
    Do what works best for you.

^This. When & how many calories at a time you eat is personal preference. Do what feels good to you. Some days I eat breakfast right away, some days I wait an hour or two (or three) and some days I don't eat breakfast at all.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. That's normally about 9:00. I get to work at 8 so I just work until it's time for breakfast!