how soon do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's usually soon after I wake up, but that's because I love cereal and look forward to breakfast. >_>
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast the minute I wake up. Straight to the kitchen, no questions asked. I don't even say good morning.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30am and don't eat "breakfast" until 1:00pm.
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I get up, drink a 20 ounce glass of water, have a banana and then make the rest of my breakfast. I've eaten the banana within 10 minutes of being awake and the rest of breakfast within the next 5-10 minutes.
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Right after my workout
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I eat as soon as I get up. I'm not usually hungry, but it's habit. The rare days I skip I don't get hungry for awhile, the days I do have breakfast I'm hungry earlier - maybe there is something to it getting your metabolism started.
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    ASAP! I wake up and I'm like: "breakfast!" 0_0
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:00 AM and eat breakfast between 12:00 and 2:00 Pm. My metabolism and blood sugar are fine.
    Practically this for me. Not as early getting up, but my first meal is usually around 12pm

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter. Do what works and is sustainable for you. I am not a breakfast person at all - I feel nauseous if I force myself to eat something as soon as I wake up. So I do IF. I wake up around 10 and eat my first meal around 2 or 3. It's worked very well for me.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference what time of day you eat anything. One of the hardest to kill myths in dieting.
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    I get up really early for work and don't have time to have breakfast before I leave, so I eat as soon as I get there (about an hour after getting out of bed).

When I originally started working these hours, I couldn't face food in the morning - but would be starving before I could take a break to eat later on, so started forcing myself to eat earlier. Now I'm starving by the time I get out of the car, just got into a routine and now my stomach expects food at that time.

But honestly I just eat when I'm hungry - I dont subscribe to many dieting 'rules' - just use common sense.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    the general consensus is that Breakfast should be eaten within 40mins to 1hr after rising in the morning - Maintaining constant blood sugar levels is key to both weight loss and fat burning - failure to do so often leads to hunger pangs and binging of carb rich snacks Just because you can go all morning without brekkie doesn't mean it's good for you or your body and is usually the reason why people crave carb rich foods at later times during the day.

False.
  • LeotaD
    LeotaD Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 5 or 10 minutes after I'm awake enough to get out of bed. That's mostly due to the fact that I know if I don't do it first, I'll run out of time and won't eat at all.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wake up with my 20 month old around 6:30am and I pretty much eat right away with her. It's so early that I am hungry for lunch before noon. :)
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I wake up at 7am and usually eat breakfast around 9:30am. Weekends I tend to wake up around 9:30-10am ish and honestly usually don't eat till 12. Honestly some weekends I don't really even eat breakfast and instead just do lunch, dinner and a couple of snacks. For me 3 actual meals a day is only necessary during the week because I'm working my butt off all day, lol!

I've been steadily losing weight so I don't feel the need to make a point of eating immediately after waking up unless I'm super hungry and just go about my usual routine.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    During the week I get up earlier for work and try to make breakfast before work. If I get out of bed later and need to leave, I make breakfast when I get to work. I usually keep oats or something that'll get me going at my desk. I find that I function best with breakfast before work. On weekends I usually make it within an hour of getting up.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, no matter what time of the day it is. If I wake up at 8am and am hungry when I wake up, I eat. If I wake up at 6 am and am not hungry until 10am I don't eat until 10am.
    ETA: What time I eat my breakfast has zero impact on the rest of the day. The only thing I've noticed that does have an impact about breakfast is that if I don't eat eggs for breakfast, I'm a lot more likely to binge later. And of course that's my own experience, not something that I think is true for everyone.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I workout in the mornings and will have a protein shake when I'm done. I'll then get a shower and have my breakfast. On a non workout day I have it after my shower. I either have porridge or pb on wholemeal toast.
  • samdgood
    samdgood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if i eat as soon as i get up i am hungry all day long. it's something i rarely do. when i saw an article titled "why you are hungry all day if you eat breakfast" i had to read it. it talked about sugar spikes and drops etc. etc. it made a lot of sense. i feel a lot better since i started fasting between 6pm and 11am. it's my version of fast 5 (www.fast-5.com). i call it the fast 7 LOL.

the article was here: https://zedie.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry/

read, listen, talk, but ultimately do what feels right for you
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    right after waking up and having a shower. I need a good substantial breakfast otherwise I would be an awfull, nasty *kitten* by 11.