C25K - anyone doing it or have done it?

Options

Replies

• hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I just finished Week 3 Day 1. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm also scared of the upcoming 20 minute runs!
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I decided I would start it the Monday after I got back from my holiday - which is tomorrow!

But motivation is a real struggle - Here's hoping I can drag my *kitten* out the door for once!

Does anyone here have tips on motivation?

And would you recommend doing it early morning or late at night? (I don't really want to go out during the main part of the day)
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I decided I would start it the Monday after I got back from my holiday - which is tomorrow!

But motivation is a real struggle - Here's hoping I can drag my *kitten* out the door for once!

Does anyone here have tips on motivation?

And would you recommend doing it early morning or late at night? (I don't really want to go out during the main part of the day)
    i do early morning get it out the way x
  • LiseMarieBrown
    LiseMarieBrown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started Week 1, day 1, TODAY!

And my god it hurt! Slightly worried to be honest...
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    C25K Graduate! BEST thing I ever did! I can't believe I am a runner! I run 5K 2-3x / week and hope to keep it up!

Our bodies are amazing and this program works! I can't say enough good about it!

Best wishes as you push on!

ETA: I didn't think it was possible, either. I was hesitant to believe I'd be logging anything past W2. If you want it, you can do it!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started Week 1, day 1, TODAY!

And my god it hurt! Slightly worried to be honest...

Slow down then. I know that sounds crazy but even if you think your slow now, still slow down some. If week 1d3 is still to much, repeat d3 as needed.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. Yeah I'm definitely doing week one again. I tried W1D2 on a different course and because of the inclinces and dips I nearly passed out! So going back to week one until I can successfully run/jog. the intervals before moving to the next week!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do every other day for a full week before moving on to the next week? I don't think I could go running every single day on top of the other workouts I get in.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Maybe its already been said but check out the "groups" cause there are several c25k support threads there. I just started week4.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I did C25K and 10K! Both excellent and would recommend to anyone!
  • healthymewannabe
    Options
    I actually started C25K today! Week 1 Day 1 completed! I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes that will take place over the next 9 weeks.
  • wxchaser
    Options
    I'm also on week 5! I LOVE it! I can't believe I've gotten this far in 5 weeks either. It's amazing! And I've also lost a loooot of weight. :) I can't wait for my run tomorrow.
  • katsmeow42404
    Options
    i did it last summer and it was awesome!!! I got thru several months of it. I had to start out at 30sec of running instead of 60. I wrecked my feet and had to have the podiatrist make special inserts for me. My feet are better now. My daughter starts 4 k tomorrow and i am ready to start up again!!!
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do every other day for a full week before moving on to the next week? I don't think I could go running every single day on top of the other workouts I get in.

I try to work it in around my other work outs, sometimes I may end skipping 2days between runs, or sessions whatever you want to call them.

Get 3 in a week, you should be fine, I also do some elliptical work just to keep the conditioning in check.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options

I try to work it in around my other work outs, sometimes I may end skipping 2days between runs, or sessions whatever you want to call them.

Get 3 in a week, you should be fine, I also do some elliptical work just to keep the conditioning in check.

Thanks. I've been working in the elliptical every morning, just a quick 2 mile session so I'll try jogging Mon-Weds-Fri maybe. :-)
  • katrinas626
    Options
    Just finished Week 4 here! Super excited to have made it this far, starting to really enjoy running!
  • JustSteph81
    JustSteph81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ended up giving it a go. Week 1, Day 1 yesterday :) Hope I can stick to it!
  • mduggan7
    Options
    Another C25K grad here.. finished it a couple of years ago then went on to 10K using some podcasts. Before I started I wasn't badly overweight, but I was terribly unfit - I still remember how much I was panting as I jogged that first week around the local soccer field. Lost a little bit of fitness since moving past 10K, but I still can put on shoes an run 7k without dying, which is still amazing to me.

I very much recommend it, but I do have some tips:

* Be realistic - Don't be afraid to repeat a week if it's killing you - life *will* get in the way and you won't always be able to do the program perfectly. I probably did week 7 about 5 times before moving up.
    * Equally, don't let the length of the next week put you off! When I finally did graduate to week 8, I was surprised how easy I found it.
    * Personally I preferred running outdoors along the same road rather than a treadmill - I could really feel the progress as I ran further down that road each day. Of course, this will depend on the weather and availability of good places to run where you live.

Best of luck!
  • DonC77
    Options
    How goes it? I just completed week 3 yesterday, so cool to see the time on the mile coming down. I am sure it will flatten out some when the longer running sessions come into play but it keeps me motivated, I will be starting week 4 day 1 tomorrow!

Thanks. I've been working in the elliptical every morning, just a quick 2 mile session so I'll try jogging Mon-Weds-Fri maybe. :-)
  • DonC77
    Options
    * Personally I preferred running outdoors along the same road rather than a treadmill - I could really feel the progress as I ran further down that road each day. Of course, this will depend on the weather and availability of good places to run where you live.

Best of luck!

I agree, I run the same road, and although I am tracking the time I can see I am getting further down the road and adding distance on my running during the same week. Day 1 of this week my total milage was 1.90, day 3 of this week milage was 2.06. Small increments but progress just the same.