cheese

Options
13»

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Yes! Havarti, Gouda, anything strong that makes my man leave the room and start talking about feet. ;)

That's how my man feels about any food I love. I don't know how we've lived together for a year. Lol.

HA! This pretty much sums up how he feels about 99% of the food I like:

tumblr_lsicscmz5g1r2tthdo1_500.jpg

So, I know how you feel ;)
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    I do. I eat cheddar, mozzarella, Colby Jack, and white American. I eat it because it is good. =P

Although admittedly I haven't eaten much of it lately. I miss it...
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I remember being in Miami and seeing someone eating savoury biscuits then they squirted some cheese onto them out of a can, can someone tell me what this stuff is called!!?
    I have never seen or heard of it here in the uk where I live x

easy-cheese.jpg

Ah, aerosol-based cheese food :P

Jackpot lol
    That's the stuff I saw. Is it nice? Seems odd cheese being in an aerosol can lol
    But still it's cheese and I'd like to try it but can't get it here lol x
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    mmmmm cheese! goes w/ just about everything - i don't know if I have a favorite - I like creamy cheese (like gouda), salty cheese (feta) sharp cheese, melted cheese, shredded cheese, food stuffed with cheese, soup w/ cheese, chili and cheese, cheese dogs, cheese burgers, french onion soup w/ smoked cheddar cheese, goat cheese... oh and don't forget Poutine!!! - the list is endless

but that being said- i haven't bought cheese since I started my diet regime up again - my fridge is cheese less at the moment :sad:

but when i do buy some more it wil be normal cheese (as in not the light stuff) everything is good for you in moderation - although high in fat, it still a good source of calcium!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Do you eat it? What kind? Why or why not?

No I don't eat it any more.
    I am lactose intolerant to any amount of dairy. It causes me to have indigestion, heart burn, acid reflux, bloating, and sometimes even loose stools.

I also don't stand behind it because it is high in saturated fats and loses most of it's nutritional value to the mold that makes it what it is.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    yep! love cheese... like any other food item.. u 'can' have it! just track it .. and watch portions/measure...
    i get light cream cheese now vs reg... light shredded cheddar/mexi mix cheese.. fat free feta for salads vs reg...
    things u can do to stretch it and still yummy... i was suprised how fast I got used to FF feta!:bigsmile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I remember being in Miami and seeing someone eating savoury biscuits then they squirted some cheese onto them out of a can, can someone tell me what this stuff is called!!?

Crap.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have never seen or heard of it here in the uk where I live x

easy-cheese.jpg

Ah, aerosol-based cheese food :P

Jackpot lol
    That's the stuff I saw. Is it nice? Seems odd cheese being in an aerosol can lol
    But still it's cheese and I'd like to try it but can't get it here lol x

I don't care for it, personally :)

It's not cheese, really. Anything here called "cheese food" is usually processed and scary. And cheese in an aerosol can IS weird. But, this is America- we also have aerosol Pancake batter :P
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YES! I love cheese! Cheddar, Mozzarella, Feta, Bleu, Swiss, Parmesan, Brie, Boursin, Colby, Monterey Jack, and I just bought a cheese called The Drunken Goat - goat cheese bathed in red wine...............YUM!!!!!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Do you eat it? What kind? Why or why not?

No I don't eat it any more.
    I am lactose intolerant to any amount of dairy. It causes me to have indigestion, heart burn, acid reflux, bloating, and sometimes even loose stools.

I also don't stand behind it because it is high in saturated fats and loses most of it's nutritional value to the mold that makes it what it is.

this makes me sad.

I woke up this morning still liking cheese. :)
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Port Salut is my favourite. And Cambozola. I had a Saturday job in a deli years ago, and I got to taste all the cheeses - it was great!

I also love melted cheese. I like to chop potatoes into the shape of fries, and put them in the oven, drizzled with olive oil, and when they're crispy, I add grated cheddar cheese, and cook for five more minutes. Best meal ever. :-)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat it. Not as much as I used to. I eat it because I like it and because of the calcium. Osteoporsis runs in my family. I eat all kinds in moderation. I like Cabot's low fat cheddar. You can eat 2 pieces if you want and still it is only 100 calories. I know I can get that calcium other places but as long as I don't over indulge, I'm going to enjoy the cheese I love.