You'll miss Mcdonalds after reading this...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    a) they never look like that because those aren't real food they're photoraphing and
    b) the photos actually made me vomit a little, right in my throat.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    McDonalds fits into almost every day of cutting.

IIFYM!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'll take a hash brown occasionally, but I'm not too interested in the rest. XD
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep. The old deep-fried pies were the best. A&W still makes their apple pies that way.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Not a bad place to get coffee, but other than the occasional salty french fry craving, looking at the food reminds me of clogged grease traps.
  • sumeetn
    sumeetn Posts: 56
    Options
    apple pies...YUMMM

mcd-applepie.jpeg

I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I haven't craved Mcdonalds since I saw a facebook post. It showed some of McDonalds food that had been apparently was a year old and still looked the same. No mold, mildew, or anything. I get sick every time I think about it.

You should know that this has nothing to do with where it came from and what it is made from. Instead, it is all about diameter, thickness, etc. It doesn't mold because it becomes dehydrated before mold can grow. Same thing would happen if you copied the size and shape of the burger at home.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    How are we seven pages in with no mention of love for whataburger?!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    There was a legitimate study that showed McDonald's fries to not change over time. They look the same after a year. The hamburgers did get mouldy and gross though. The experiment was repeated on that movie Supersize Me if I'm not mistaken.
    Food that doesn't have moisture or water in it doesn't mold. It's gets stale. Look at chips and crackers for instance. FAIL.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Why doesn't McDonald's fries have moisture in them?!?!? Every other fry does... interesting.
    When you fry them in very hot oil it evaporates the water. Lol, fries don't get "wet" they get greasy.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you had a Big Mac? Big n' Tasty? Quarter pounder?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPck1Ose5wH3DHb03stfncHrvyUCUupWeNaMNUsPLEqjtU9njb

The Six-dollar burger from Carl's Jr....has LESS CALORIES than a double quarter pounder from McD's.

True story!!!

six-dollar-burger.jpg
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    There was a legitimate study that showed McDonald's fries to not change over time. They look the same after a year. The hamburgers did get mouldy and gross though. The experiment was repeated on that movie Supersize Me if I'm not mistaken.
    Food that doesn't have moisture or water in it doesn't mold. It's gets stale. Look at chips and crackers for instance. FAIL.

IDEA Fitness member

Why doesn't McDonald's fries have moisture in them?!?!? Every other fry does... interesting.
    When you fry them in very hot oil it evaporates the water. Lol, fries don't get "wet" they get greasy.

IDEA Fitness member

I get what your saying, although if you watch the video, he not only compares the Mcburgers to a restaurant burger, but also the Mcfries with restaurant (regular) fries... The regular fries molded to a black non-recognizable state... but not those mickey D's fries!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I imagine that is because the other fries were thicker cut, so retained moisture. Most fast food fries are cut very thin.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ew. I haven't eaten fast food in years and I definitely never miss it. Especially McDonald's :sick: