Concerts - Who you you seen or planning to see?

Options
fishermanmatt
fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
Earlier this year I went to my first concert, a Flogging Molly show with Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. I had a great time and have started keeping tabs on who's performing locally so I can attend more shows.

Last weekend I saw Old Crow Medicine Show and The Lumineers. In a few weeks I'm going to one of those all day shows. The bands include The Offspring, Garbage, Flogging Molly, Coheed and Cambria, Switchfoot, Our Lady Peace, Anberlin, Eve 6, Paper Tongues and Evans Blue. I've also got tickets for Social Distortion later this year.

So, who have your seen? Who was great? Who was a disappointment? Who are you planning to see?

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I saw Linkin Park and Incubus at the Honda Civic Tour. It was pretty BA. I'd like to see Florence + the Machine, Lana Del Rey and AWOLNation, but haven't dug up if they're touring.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I recently saw Jack's Mannequin, and they were really good. Shinedown, too.

I'm currently anticipating the Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses. OH YES! It's going to be amazing!
  • sapabt
    sapabt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow. Back in the day, I saw Sabbath, Zepplin (who opened for Iron Butterfly), Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, more than I can remember.

Now, I'm waiting for Rush to hit the left coast. And that's about it anymore. :embarassed:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I have seen so many concerts, it's hard to name all.

The ones I remember well for a good night:

NKOTB & Backstreet Boys
    Human Nature
    Michael Buble
    Justin Timberlake
    Naturally 7
    John Farnham
    The Veronicas
    Chris Brown - before he went all gangster on Rihanna
    Duran Duran
    Simply Red - who I saw in Italy.

The one that was disappointing:

Rihanna (back when she and Chris Brown were touring together)

Who I'm seeing in the next 6 months:

The Living End
    Keith Urban
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to make it to any of the concerts that I've WANTED to see so far, but I really want to keep my fingers crossed in hopes that I manage to catch Regina Spektor's concert coming up in November.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Eagerly anticipating Riot Fest in a few weeks! www.riotfest.org
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    So my tastes have changed in the last 35 years. My first concert in1976 was the Bay City Rollers and the my last concert in 2010 was Motley Crue. :happy:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Seen a few....Most recent was Rammstein

Others:
    NKOTB
    NKOTBSB
    Coldplay
    Bush
    Bone Thugs N Harmony/Mary J Blige
    KCi and JoJo/Jon B/Silk

Want to see:
    Muse
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Daughtry
    Rammstein (again)
  • grmon
    grmon Posts: 17
    Options
    I've seen many but in the last 4 months:

Metallica
    Scorpions
    Iced Earth
    Dream Theater
    The Cult (twice)

Planning on seeing Def Leppard with Poison in September
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The best concert I ever went to was the Jay-Z "I Declare War" concert. It was 2 nights- the first was in NYC, then he came to Philly. It was the concert where he brought Nas out at the end to symbolically end their "beef." There was a part in the show when he paid tribute to fallen artists, and the crowd rapped an entire Notorious B.I.G. song- I never cried so hard in public. A truly beautiful, transcendent moment- I have goosebumps now just remembering it...
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty versatile music taste and this is a list of things ive been to;
    (trying to order from my first ever to latest)

Michael jackson
    Destiny's child
    Ayreon (multiple times)
    Star one
    Riverdance
    Genesis
    Rush (multiple times)
    Lord of the dance
    Dreamtheater
    Rammstein (multiple times)
    Miyavi
    D'espairs ray
    Alice nine, screw, sug, kaggra
    The gazette (multiple times)
    Gackt (multiple times)
    X japan
    Yellow fried chickenz (multiple times)

The last few artists are japanese :) i mightve forgot some and unfortunately i have no concerts to look forward to right now :c i might go see poets of the fall but i have to travel to germany if i want to. I'd also still love to see linkin park, b'z and ayumi hamasaki c:
  • Edenar
    Edenar Posts: 7
    Options
    @Milkyskinn I met Dir en grey when they were in Phoenix a couple years ago.

In the next few weeks I'll be seeing The Offspring and All That Remains.

I have seen:
    Korn
    POD
    Silversun Pickups
    Pepper
    Silverstein
    Story of the Year
    Flyleaf
    Def Stones (sp)
    Dir En Grey
    Disturbed
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Hell Yeah

I can't remember them all, but I've been to quite a few concerts.
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Who I have seen:

Def Leppard 4 times
    Backstreet Boys
    Nsynk
    Reba McEntire
    Toby Keith 2 times
    Sarah Evans
    Trace Atkins
    Time McGraw
    Terri Clark
    Heart
    Journey
    Stix
    Bryan Adams
    Alabama
    Dixie Chicks
    Brooks and Dunn
    Sugarland
    Brad Paisley

I'm sure there are others, but I cant think of them right now.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I've seen a ton of live shows. But I really want to go see Journey in October. :D
  • herrhitman
    herrhitman Posts: 111
    Options
    I've seen so many I couldn't possibly list them all. The last show I went to was Yann Tiersen. I'd like to see ZAZ, The Jezabels, and Max Raabe.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    It would be impossible to list everybody that I've seen, but my favourites that I've seen would probably have to be:

The Academy Is (I was planning on seeing them for my 20th time, but they broke up and didn't play the show that I had tickets for), Empires, Panic at the Disco, Idina Menzel, Bernadette Peters, Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp...

I have tickets to see Ingrid Michaelson in October! I'm so excited!
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    I've seen taio Cruz, jay Sean, sugababes, tinchy stryder, dizzie rascal, kanye and Jay z,
    Peter Andre, chase and status, chipmunk and JLS. Comedians Jason manfOrd and Michael McIntyre :)
  • herrhitman
    herrhitman Posts: 111
    Options
    Idina Menzel

Oh, I'd love to see Idina Menzel. I saw her PBS special and it was great. Would've been better in person though.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TKWC (These kids wear crowns) on Sept 6, and hopefully Marilyn Manson with Rob Zombie in Detroit in October (which you already know about :) )
  • morganmay92
    Options
    I have seen:
    Blood On The Dance Floor, Dot Dot Curve :), CDVR, roxy cottontail, Alesana, Drop Dead Gorgeous, I Set My Friends On Fire, In Fear, A Fall From Grace, +44, Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is..., Cobra Starship, Paul wall (well he was at the F.O.B. concert when I went but I left when he performed lol) and plenty of locals.

I plan to go to another BOTDF concert to see them with some bands I like and also in the future to see A Skylit Drive and Sleeping With Sirens.

Yeah I could have seen more bands this year if I went to dirtfest and warped tour, but no money :(