Concerts - Who you you seen or planning to see?

Options

Replies

• Pinkgurl74
    Options
    Last concert I went to about a month ago was Def Lepppard and Poison. Def Leppard was AMAZING! Will be seeing Journey (again) in September! YAY!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I am still kind of new to attending concerts, only started going regularly about 3 years ago. Coming up in the next few months, I am seeing:

Evanescence
    Nightwish
    Rush
    Amanda Palmer

In the past several years, I have seen:

Corrine Bailey Rae
    Erykah Badu & Janelle Monet
    Sade & John Legend
    Jill Scott
    Maxwell
    Les Nubians
    The Dresden Dolls
    Amanda Palmer (many, many times, half my friends went to high school with her, and she knows my younger son by name lol)
    Sia
    Dream Theater (twice)
    Children of Bodom & Eluveitie

And my very first two concerts in high school were Judas Priest and Motley Crue. I'm pretty sure my ears never fully recovered. hehehe. I also saw Jimmy Buffet with my mom, loved that concert.
  • noitall96
    noitall96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i just saw incubus and linkin park this past friday. it was amazing!!
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Probably couldn't list them all but here are the highlights ;

- Rise Against, Deftones, Tool, Turbonegro, Flogging Molly, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Madness, Kasabian, John Butler Trio, The Pigeon Detectives, Less than Jake, Marina and the Diamonds, Reel Big Fish, Airbourne, blink-182, HIM, Feeder, Paramore, The Offspring, Electric Six, Royal Republic....you get the idea!

Only got one gig planned for now, which isn't until February which is an awesome Icelandic band called Of Monsters and Men :)
  • Winters0Girl
    Options
    I've seen deftones, which was awesome!
    and i plan on seeing evanescence <3
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I saw Gotye at the 9:30 Club in DC March 2012, show was absolutely orgasmic. Currently holding tickets to see him again end of September. Nice floor seats (well, GA standing room) directly in front of the stage. I'm so ready.

This summer I saw Foster The People with Kimbra and The Kooks. Seats were horrid, sun was dreadful, but everyone rocked the house. It was insane once FTP took the stage...good times. :) I was very excited to see Kimbra again (she had a tiny cameo with Gotye in DC), she is one of my favorite singers, but her performance left a bit to be desired. I chalked it up to the heat. She's playing in DC in October, really wish I could see her then. I feel like it'd be much more satisfying to see her playing to a club rather than all of Merriweather Post Pavilion.
  • SHHitsKaty
    SHHitsKaty Posts: 301
    Options
    This year so far I've seen Drake, 2Chainz, Waka Flocka, Toby Keith, Brantley Gilbert, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Jake Owen, City & Colour, Neon Trees, Maps & Atlases, Death Cab for Cutie. I've probably forgotten some but I can't remember all of them, lol.

I'm going to be seeing Eric Church, Justin Moore and Kip Moore and also Bad Veins soon as well.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A good few that many wouldn't have heard of, lots of 'local' bands... I've seen guys like My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, and Good Charlotte incidentally whilst attending their shows for the warm-up sets. They weren't bad. If you're not particularly into the band playing, once the music is playing you either get into the crowd and lose yourself or you hang back and get bored.

I've seen Black Stone Cherry about 4 times, they perform a really great set. Thrice, Alexisonfire, Gallows, Four Year Strong and The Used are just some I've seen that people might know.

Favourites have been The Blackout, Hexes, City & Colour, While She Sleeps, Every Time I Die and The Wonder Years.

I'd love to see Florence & the Machine, Joss Stone and a variety of other great singers. I'm pretty eclectic.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow. 37 and you just went to your first show? :wink:

I've been to a lot of shows, but not recently. Here are some of my favorites:

Tool x2
    A Perfect Circle
    Otep
    Mudvayne
    Ill Nino
    Disturbed
    Godsmack
    Sevendust
    Shadow's Fall
    Killswitch Engage
    A Bullet For My Valentine
    Marilyn Manson
    In Flames
    Trivium
    Shinedown
    Metallica
    Candlebox
    The Offspring
    Long Beach Dub Allstars (Sublime minus Bradley)
    Drive-by Truckers
    Soundgarden

Bands I'd like to see, but have not yet been so fortunate:

Spineshank
    American Head Charge
    Seether
    Tenacious D
    Flight of the Conchords
    Machinehead
    Dropkick Murphy
    Slipknot
    Deftones
    Rise Against
    As I Lay Dying

Tons more in both categories...
  • RaysfanATL
    Options
    recently seen- Rise Against, the Cult, Against Me and last weekend was Big Bad Voodoo Daddy....all were awesome!
  • Stephendw9
    Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've seen quiet a few, but only half of the time its a dynamite line-up throughout the show.

Here's a few:

Brooks & Dunn (x3)
    Alan Jackson
    Lady Antebellum
    Darius Rucker
    Little Big Town (x2)
    Keith Urban (x2)
    Carrie Underwood
    Kellie Pickler
    Kenny Chesney (x2)
    Rascal Flatts (x2)
    Eric Church
    Dierks Bentley
    Gloriana (x2)
    Jason Aldean (x2)
    Taylor Swift (not by choice x2, included in lineup)
    Martina McBride
    Creed
    Sugarland
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead every time they played the S.F. Bay Area from Altamont in 1969 through 1981.
    Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Taj Mahal, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Command Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, Kingfish, Jerry Garcia Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Sammy Hagar, Molly Hatchet, Dan Hicks, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Leon Russell, Eagles, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Santana, Flying Burrito Brothers...Growing up in the Bay Area in the 60s and 70s was sweet. :smile:
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Within the last year, I fulfilled my concert wish list. I saw Reba MacIntire in December and Wynona Judd two weeks ago (the first show of her tour before she had to cancel due to her hubby having a motorcycle accident and losing his leg). In the past, I have seen TSO, New Kids on the Block (both in their heyday and in the last few years), Carman (Christian artist), REO and Styx, a couple other new comers to the country music realm. I have a very eclectic taste and the only other concert I really would love to see is Bette Midler.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Idina Menzel

Oh, I'd love to see Idina Menzel. I saw her PBS special and it was great. Would've been better in person though.

I would love to Idina as well.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Funny as I just saw Dierks Bently last night. I have seen The Goo Goo Dolls, Dierks Bently, Sugar Land, Phil Vaser, MeatLoaf, Parachute, Billy Ray Cyrus, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Kenny Wayne Shephard, Reba McIntire, Backstreet Boys, and me thinks that is it.

I want to see Papa Roach, Skillet, and Goo Goo Dolls again.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've seen- I Am the Avalanche, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Rick Springfield, Poison, 3 Doors Down, Incubus, Breaking Benjamin, Staind and Dashboard Confessional (Chris Carraba solo show for the SAR anniversary).

Seeing in November- Eric Church, Justin Moore and Kip Moore (really, really excited for Kip Moore!)
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Although I need music to live, I've only been to two concerts. Very first one was Chicago when I was 10 or 11. My second was 2010 at the Uprour Festival with Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Halestorm, Stone Sour, Hellyeah, Airbourne, Hail the Villain, New Medicine. Freakin awesome concert and I want to go to more but have no money.
  • nickywire
    Options
    Evanescence, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace (2004)
    John Reuben, relient K (2004)
    The O.C. Supertones, Superchic[k], The Wedding (2004)
    Skillet, Disciple, Fireflight (2004)
    Fireflight (2005)
    Paul McCartney (2005)
    Creedence Clearwater Revisited (2005)
    Carbon/Silicon, matt pond PA (2008)
    The Police, Elvis Costello and the Imposters (2008)
    Franz Ferdinand, The Hall Effect (2010)
    Estados Alterados, A Place To Bury Strangers (2010)
    Bad Brains, Birdhand, Coldside (2011)
    Paul Simon, The Wild Feathers (2011)
    The Kills, JEFF The Brotherhood, Hunters (2012) x2
    Blonde Redhead (2012)
    69 Nombres, Sicotrópico, Ciegossordomudos, 1280 Almas, Charly García (2012)
    Natalia Lafourcade (2012)

Kinda hoping to go see Adam Ant and possibly Weezer. Wish I could see Manic Street Preachers but it doesn't seem like they plan on coming to the US any time soon. :/
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Night Ranger
    Ratt
    Poison
    Motley Crue
    Megadeth
    Iron Maiden
    Kiss (many times)
    Sammy Hagar (many times)
    Slaughter
    Kid Rock
    Charley Daniels Band
    Rick Springfield
    Cheap Trick
    Ted Nugent
    Goo Goo dolls
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Alice Cooper
    Journey
    and one of the best shows ever and I highly recommend: TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA (Christmas concert).