Contemplatin a boob job...

Options

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but you look fine for your body.
    When i see fake tits i assume they are a tranny.:laugh:
    Lol
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Dawn, if you are married, I would discuss it with your husband.

My wife has discussed it with me, she is thinking about making them "perky" again, I told her it was her decision and I would support her either way, I am perfectly fine with her body as it is now.

But if she wanted to, I would help her research a very good Doctor and go with her to the appointment to discuss with the doctor.

I would heavily research local doctors and see if you can talk to any former clients, maybe check see fi tehy ahve any pending lawsuits, etc.

Best of luck with your decision
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    From what I understand - because I've read around this a bit, for the same reasons you have - recommendations are important because it's difficult to repair, for example, a pocket that's been cut too big. Argh, there are a million and one things to consider - capsular contracture, infection, scarring, whether the new silicone implants are really ok or not, whether saline (safer) feel natural under not a lot of fat - there's a galaxy of boob talk out there, just google any of those. (I personally couldn't at this time cope with weighing it all out! And there are scare stories out there, for sure. But I think I read somewhere in there that of all plastic surgeries, augmentations please people most.)

In terms of validation from other people who've lost weight, I daresay most could understand. Everyone's got a story behind how & why they gained, and then lost, and most of the time it hits pretty deep. You want to enjoy your body, and you've got a right to :)
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    From what I understand - because I've read around this a bit, for the same reasons you have - recommendations are important because it's difficult to repair, for example, a pocket that's been cut too big. Argh, there are a million and one things to consider - capsular contracture, infection, scarring, whether the new silicone implants are really ok or not, whether saline (safer) feel natural under not a lot of fat - there's a galaxy of boob talk out there, just google any of those. (I personally couldn't at this time cope with weighing it all out! And there are scare stories out there, for sure. But I think I read somewhere in there that of all plastic surgeries, augmentations please people most.)

In terms of validation from other people who've lost weight, I daresay most could understand. Everyone's got a story behind how & why they gained, and then lost, and most of the time it hits pretty deep. You want to enjoy your body, and you've got a right to :)
    Thanks!
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    Dawn, if you are married, I would discuss it with your husband.

My wife has discussed it with me, she is thinking about making them "perky" again, I told her it was her decision and I would support her either way, I am perfectly fine with her body as it is now.

But if she wanted to, I would help her research a very good Doctor and go with her to the appointment to discuss with the doctor.

I would heavily research local doctors and see if you can talk to any former clients, maybe check see fi tehy ahve any pending lawsuits, etc.

Best of luck with your decision
    Nope, not married, never married and totally single at the moment. I appreciate your input. Neat to get it from a guys perspective, too.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I can see how you would miss your boobs! Mine have always been small, so I've never had to reminisce about the good old days. But they also haven't gotten deflated from weight loss so that's a good thing.

Anyway, money for me is the biggest factor. It's something you have to keep up. Are you financially secure enough to do that for the rest of your life? You definitely don't want to be in a tight money spot with implants. Unless you know you'll be fine, which few people can with the job market and economy, I would spend a little extra on great bras and learn to love the boobs you've got!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'll donate to you. I'm hoping when I'm done with this pregnancy and can actually put forth effort into losing, I'll lose alot of my boobage. Or at least some. Some would be ok.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    In terms of recommendations, I can highly recommend MYA for those who are in the UK. I went through them and they have some of the top surgeons and are very informative and inclusive throughout the whole procedure. And I most certainly wouldn't recommend Transform. I went for an appointment there when trying to make my decision and they had no interest in me as an individual, barely discussed anything with me, were just interested in how soon they could get my money off me. A few of my friends went to Transform and they wouldn't go back.
    MYA have an open forum for all their patients and non-patients to chat to each other about their experiences with MYA, advice etc. Joining the forum might help you in your decision:
    http://www.mya.co.uk/mya-space
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My friend had hers done recently and loves them, she spent a good 4 years researching the right doctors and joined a cosmetic surgery forum to do so. I'd suggest that.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mine got like that, empty pockets, but couldn't afford a boob job so I got some decent weights, I use 7 kgs and started doing chest flys and I can see a real improvement. Yes they may not be as full, but now I have little mounds that come up over my bra, if you know what I mean? They are more shapely?
    It really did help. Maybe do that till you really make up your mind:smile:
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had mine done in April. Best decision for myself ever! My husband didn't care either way but he knew my self esteem was horribly low. I went from a small B to a small DD. I am nowhere near my goal weight but the time was right. My body is now in proportion. I am more confident now then when I was at my goal weight. It's a personal decsion and when the time is right, you will know it. It took me 20 years and no I don't have to replace them every 10 years. It you take care of them and follow the physicians orders, they will last.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    So, I was a nice size 38 c/d.. Now... 34 a/b. deflated is all I can say. I have been contemplating a boob job...nothing BIG and stripper-ensue, but maybe full C. The problem is, it goes against every natural grain in my body... I hate the idea of losing time from the gym, being that vain and also that most people will know they are fake. I don't want that imagine and judgement. I'm also worried tht what if they turn out nasty. I have seen some horrendous boob jobs. I also dont like the idea of having to maintain them every 10 years... But, my boobs are, well... Worse than nonexistent... Their like over-stretched water balloons with not enough water in them. :(
    Anyone else having this same dilemma?

My sister had this same problem 5 years ago when she lost weight. They were just deflated skin. She chose to get a boob job ( implants) to the size her normal boobs were and because they were her normal size and the skin was there i am amazed how natural they look. They do not look like she has had a boob job. I think that only happens when you go bigger than you normally were. The recovery time was rough but she said she does not regret it at all. It was well worth it for her self esteem and now she does every thing she used to to do exercise wise including marathons.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I got saline implants in 1999, and they are still fine. Went from 34A to 34D. I researched found a board certified surgeon who also did alot of cancer reconstruction, because I felt like this would make them look more real than just slapping in a couple of melons! Lol! It paid off I think, so something to think about.

One thing i learned is that implants won't change your shape as much as they will just increase your size. Several of my friends have also gotten implants and we all still look unique. Some gals are just perky and small so their implants just increase that perkiness. One friend of mine had breast that were more tubular, so her implants didnt make her perky, they just made her shape larger. Talk to the doctor about how the implant will fill out what you have-they will be able to tell you.

Personally, they really helped my self esteem. And, like another gal mention earlier, I don't obsess so much about my figure because it is more balanced. I also enjoy wearing clothes more as an added benefit. I don't dread the mirror :-)

It is a safe procedure with a properly trained a certified surgeon, good luck with your decision. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions.

Cheers!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    My mom was a 32 A- that hung to her waist when I was 11. Her implants were awesome for her self esteem and confidence. They have been done for almost 40 years, never redone, (though she is talking a little lift these days), still soft. I have several friends who have had it done for many issues and have been completely satisfied. These days with a lot of thought and investigating, you can get great results. I would love to just because I am also an A cup, but husband against, so I am in love with the add two cup bra at VS! I look better in clothes and he is happy. If I was deflated, then I wouldn't hesitate though!

Save, get comfortable at your weight, investigate and meet with doctors, and wear a bra that will give you some idea as to size cup. You will make the right decision for you.
    Good Luck!
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    So, I was a nice size 38 c/d.. Now... 34 a/b. deflated is all I can say. I have been contemplating a boob job...nothing BIG and stripper-ensue, but maybe full C. The problem is, it goes against every natural grain in my body... I hate the idea of losing time from the gym, being that vain and also that most people will know they are fake. I don't want that imagine and judgement. I'm also worried tht what if they turn out nasty. I have seen some horrendous boob jobs. I also dont like the idea of having to maintain them every 10 years... But, my boobs are, well... Worse than nonexistent... Their like over-stretched water balloons with not enough water in them. :(
    Anyone else having this same dilemma?

My sister had this same problem 5 years ago when she lost weight. They were just deflated skin. She chose to get a boob job ( implants) to the size her normal boobs were and because they were her normal size and the skin was there i am amazed how natural they look. They do not look like she has had a boob job. I think that only happens when you go bigger than you normally were. The recovery time was rough but she said she does not regret it at all. It was well worth it for her self esteem and now she does every thing she used to to do exercise wise including marathons.
    Thanks, this was helpful!
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    I got saline implants in 1999, and they are still fine. Went from 34A to 34D. I researched found a board certified surgeon who also did alot of cancer reconstruction, because I felt like this would make them look more real than just slapping in a couple of melons! Lol! It paid off I think, so something to think about.

One thing i learned is that implants won't change your shape as much as they will just increase your size. Several of my friends have also gotten implants and we all still look unique. Some gals are just perky and small so their implants just increase that perkiness. One friend of mine had breast that were more tubular, so her implants didnt make her perky, they just made her shape larger. Talk to the doctor about how the implant will fill out what you have-they will be able to tell you.

Personally, they really helped my self esteem. And, like another gal mention earlier, I don't obsess so much about my figure because it is more balanced. I also enjoy wearing clothes more as an added benefit. I don't dread the mirror :-)

It is a safe procedure with a properly trained a certified surgeon, good luck with your decision. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions.

Cheers!
    Thanks!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything drastic and rush into an expensive boob job that you might regret.

It is possible that they will perk up and fill out after you settle into maintenance due to things like TOM that produces extra estrogen in your body.

It could be temporary but might not be so give your body time to fluctuate and see how it does naturally.

been there once ..and they dont :(
  • yesi42402
    yesi42402 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a massive amount of weight to lose and this is something I have thought of. I don't even want to imagine what they will look like if I lose 100 lbs. :sad:

I would say do a lot of thinking but if you see that this continues to bother you when you look in the mirror then implants might be your only solution. And yes I have seen those boobs that look like they feel like rocks, they're super round and separated. But I'm sure you will do a lot of research to find a good surgeon that will do a great job. Good luck to you.

BTW the best pair of boobs I've seen (in my opinion) are of this girl that comes out in the movie "Bad Teacher" with Cameron Diaz. She is showing her breasts and they are supposed to be implants but they have this kind of natural sag and they are not super up there. Maybe they're not even implants.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have always had a 34AA. I remember going bra shopping at 14 and coming home crying as no bras would fit me. I have always said "if I had the money I'd have them done", but now my boyfriend has offered to help me pay for them. But now it's a possibility , I'm nervous. My thing is that I haven't had kids yet and would maybe in the next 2 years. So not sure if I should wait?? But I totally understand how self conscious it makes you. I think about my boobs all the time!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Anyone just had yours lifted or tucked up? I don't want an increase in size per se, but mine are those saggy, flat looking, deflated balloon things. Hate the way they look when not highly supported. I don't know the procedure name, cost, or longevity but I'd like to consider a lift. One concern is will it be like painting the living room...once you get that done, you notice the carpet is shabby and the furniture stained so then you want to fix that. It can go on and on, I fixed this now that looks worse!